C-3 Defense???

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Tbone

C-3 Defense???

Post by Tbone »

Does anyone know anything about this company? Good or bad? I just purchased an sbr lower and I dont know much about them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D
MCASSgt New River
Silent But Deadly

Re: C-3 Defense???

Post by MCASSgt New River »

I have one of there factory sbr receivers. Their billet work is really nice...my upper was a little tight at first but opening and closing it a few times worked it self out. I would buy again but I'd get the enhanced model...I ended up putting a magpul trigger guard on instead though.

You should be happy, I know I am.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'-That is Honor
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

I have bought some Title II stuff on several occasions from them.

Buzz is a nice guy.
Dan
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dan »

They are a solid company. Buzz is the only one I know there but he is a good guy to deal with.
glocker17
Silent But Deadly

Post by glocker17 »

I have a SBR receiver and a complete AR as well. Nice stuff. Buzz's Clandestine can is not bad either. I think they have a budget 5.56 can coming out soon.
Tbone

Post by Tbone »

Thanks for the replies fellas, I have a 10.5" Noveske upper that I cant wait to put on this C3 lower.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

Wait...so this company will sell you a factory lower ONLY without the upper as an SBR? I did not know that was possible. It really looks like they will do that on the website.
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
MCASSgt New River
Silent But Deadly

m1garand30064 wrote:Wait...so this company will sell you a factory lower ONLY without the upper as an SBR? I did not know that was possible. It really looks like they will do that on the website.

I received mine "stripped."
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'-That is Honor
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Post by m1garand30064 »

MCASSgt New River wrote:
m1garand30064 wrote:Wait...so this company will sell you a factory lower ONLY without the upper as an SBR? I did not know that was possible. It really looks like they will do that on the website.

That is awesome!!! I have always wanted an SBR but dont want to engrave my trust on the lower and I want to build it in stages so that it is not as big of a cash blow. This may be the way to do it!
AAC 762SD
AAC M4-2000
Allen Engineering AE30
SilencerCo Sparrow (Aluminum)
SilencerCo Sparrow (Stainless)
SilencerCo Osprey .45
SWR Spectre II
SWR Octane 9 HD
MCASSgt New River
Silent But Deadly

m1garand30064 wrote:
MCASSgt New River wrote:

That is awesome!!! I have always wanted an SBR but dont want to engrave my trust on the lower and I want to build it in stages so that it is not as big of a cash blow. This may be the way to do it!
That was exactly how I did mine...in steps. This was so it didnt hurt the pocket book nearly as bad and I got to build it up exactly how "I" wanted it on my time and at my price. It lets you look for the parts you want and get the best deal.
Last edited by MCASSgt New River on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

m1garand30064 wrote:Wait...so this company will sell you a factory lower ONLY without the upper as an SBR? I did not know that was possible.
It's not, but some companies haven't gotten the memo (or disregarded it if they did).
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

When I bought mine from them they even admitted on the phone that it was agrey area that the BATFE hasn't ruled against and then asked what length barrels I wanted on the forms, I told them and the forms reflect it.

-B
RMR

Post by RMR »

I agree, Buzz is a pleasure to deal with at C3 Defense. I have their .22lr can and was apprehensive at first. I thought it was a bit loud but after 100 rounds, my can is as quiet as more expensive ones.

I have shot it on my .17 HMR and it does great. It even enhanced accuracy. Shoot it a lot on Buckmark and 10/22.

Also, am waiting on my form 4 for a stripped SBR lower to build a stubby.

I highly recommend C3 Defense and will keep a look out for their .223 can.
"Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast." Lone Watie