M-60 Joe wait times

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Chondro
Silent But Deadly

M-60 Joe wait times

Post by Chondro »

I've heard of M-60 Joe ever since I've gotten into NFA stuff..I'm thinking about a large pin M-16 and having him do the small pin conversion..His work looks awesome..Just found his webpage..Would anyone have any idea?

Just had a buddy get his rifle back after waiting a year and they fucked it up again..Charged him 100 dollar range time and it clearly never went to the range..Lots of horry stories with wait times and such..

Just thought I would ask because it will really factor in my choice..I just e-mailed him and forgot to ask that part but we all know the 2 weeks line..

Thanks!
If you see a telephone book and your first thought is a Silencer..Your addicted

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
mac man
Elite Member

Re: M-60 Joe wait times

Post by mac man »

I have shot with Joe numerous times but personally I have not had him do any work for me. However many people I shoot with have, they have nothing but good things to say about his craftsmanship and quality. As for turn around time, I have heard both good and bad.
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

I have had some dealings with him and the turn around was what I consider reasonable.
It was for barrel extensions so that may be different but he was spot on with his estimate
and the work was very good.
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

I sent M60Joe my Colt model 635 9MM bolt to be ramped. He did a great job and I had it back in a couple weeks. He does top notch work and in a timely manner. I will use him again,Ronnie
The Gemtech MK9K is the only supressor I use nowadays
saltydecimator
Silent But Deadly

Post by saltydecimator »

kinda unrelated but i shot the s--t with dick fleming or whatever his name is at the last wanenmachers show. real interesting! someone have a link to m60 joe?
its quiet time!
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

He e-mailed me back and said he's on Vacation until the 6th..Yikes not sure what to do..I'm thinking again about this large pin Colt..Save me mucho cash..It does have a nice gas piston upper and a stripped upper that I could just toss my 22 integral into..Even gonna toss in 1200 rounds of .223..Which really don't need but nice that he would put it in instead of sell it..Then I'm good to go..But down the road if I want to do other stuff..have to get a 300 whisper upper..

When you guys do private deals its half up front and half when the stamp comes in right..then if the guy buying backs out the owner can just send the stamp back and cancel the transfer correct?

Its the private part of this that has me a bit concerned as well..This isn't exactly the worst problem I've ever had.. :lol: Either way I'm getting one of them..

PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

Is that the $11.2k M16 I saw a while back? Must have been a week ago or so. I can't believe how cheap it is.
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

No this fella didn't have his up for sale..he responded to a wtb ad I put up..Only got two replies to it..then about 3 days later a guy put up a wtb ad for 8000.. :lol: He said he had the funds ready to be wired.. :shock:
Well I'm sure he'll get to send those funds..doubt he'll get anything in return..it seems the economy has recovered enough that anything under 10 is gone already..I'm sure the dealers grabbed them all..

TradingPlace

Post by TradingPlace »

I have a colt m16 lower that i had m60 joe convert the large pin to small pin. I had him do the conversion where he hides the pins and also had him refinish my lower. Took about 3 weeks total and was worth the wait. Highly recommended from my experience with him!!
Chondro
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chondro »

Whats it cost to have that done? You wouldn't have pics would you..I've seen it on his site (freaking artwork) so if you don't have any on hand don't take the time..thx