Question about serial numbers

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Question about serial numbers

Post by csfirearms »

I have a SBR that I built and now I want to build a can (Form 1) for it but I want to use the serial number of the gun as the serial number of the can. Will that screw up the registry two things with the same number?

CSF
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question about serial numbers

Post by rockman96 »

I don't know the answer, but I'm betting it will cause a question. Maybe stick an 'S' in front of the number or something.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

There are plenty of matching serial numbers out there, because each manuf. uses their own system. If you had a factory SBR it would be of no concern because two different manuf. items same serial number. But you are the maker of the SBR and now want a silencer with the same serial number, that could be a problem. To keep it simple I would just add a S onto the front of the Silencer serial number and match the rest, that way it keeps them different. Or a -S on the end of the serial number.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
ATCDoktor
Silent But Deadly

Post by ATCDoktor »

Some MACs were sold with suppressors with matching serial numbers. Shouldn't be a problem for you to do the same.
James DeGroat
Elite Industry Professional

Post by James DeGroat »

No problem that I see of.

Manufacturers can only use a serial number ONE time. If he makes a gun with serial number "001" he can NEVER use that serial number again, even if it's going on a suppressor.

In your case you're fine.
James DeGroat
President
DeGroat Tactical Armaments, LLC.
www.ArmamentSales.com

Specializing in the 7.62mm Minigun, Suppressors, and NFA Weapons/Accessories (including Artillery and Flame Throwers).