Sbr acr anyone?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

hammertime

Re: Sbr acr anyone?

Post by hammertime »

Please post some target pics / groups / range pics when you get a minute - I'd love to see what it will do with the shorter barrel.

Cheers,
Bryant
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

Very Very cool!

Looks awesome!

Just curious but did you have to send you acr back to bushmaster when the recall came out?
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

Ill see if I can get some good range time in on it-I usually go on sundays, this stupid snow storm is slowing me down some, when I was zeroing the t-1 I was getting good groups but I'd toss the 3rd shot, it was around 1.5-2 moa at 100 consistently, if I can get a day that's not too bad out ill see what I can get

As far as the recall I never sent it back, they still will service it but its like taking a new car to the dealer, with my luck someone will screw it up, and I've already heard horror stories, like rifles coming back without handguards, I called them telling them that I would send in the pin but they wont return my calls; ill probably end up getting a 2nd one down the road and whoring it out to this one
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

bigdog2003_99 wrote:Ill see if I can get some good range time in on it-I usually go on sundays, this stupid snow storm is slowing me down some, when I was zeroing the t-1 I was getting good groups but I'd toss the 3rd shot, it was around 1.5-2 moa at 100 consistently, if I can get a day that's not too bad out ill see what I can get

As far as the recall I never sent it back, they still will service it but its like taking a new car to the dealer, with my luck someone will screw it up, and I've already heard horror stories, like rifles coming back without handguards, I called them telling them that I would send in the pin but they wont return my calls; ill probably end up getting a 2nd one down the road and whoring it out to this one
Nice!

I really wanted one of these back when they were the Magpul Masada. Do you think that the Bushmaster has still done a good enough job on this rifle that it is worth investing into? (I think you would say yes, because you are buying a second one!)
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

i think bm did a decent job, i got a good one which is something alot of people cant say... it seems like they had alot of problems in the beginning but they take care of them pretty well. that and the price is dropping now too.

the only bad thing it has is the weight, but that counters the recoil very well
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

some vids of my current setup
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

Nice!

My F1 just went pending and my smith finished the 10.5" barrel. I had him pin the GB like the original. Barrel looks good. Too bad I can't bring it home for a few more months.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
AggiePhil
Silent Operator

Post by AggiePhil »

Is Bushmaster planning on releasing an SBR version of the ACR? Yours looks great but with all due respect, I'm not interested in a makeshift solution. I would like an SBR option though.
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

i doubt they get around to it anytime soon, but Spike's was making one for a while and might still be, i have no idea
Don't be an internet tough guy...
AggiePhil
Silent Operator

Post by AggiePhil »

GlocksInMySocks wrote:i doubt they get around to it anytime soon, but Spike's was making one for a while and might still be, i have no idea
Unfortunately, I see nothing about ACRs on the Spike's website.
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

that's because it was never on there, you have to contact them, just google "spikes acr barrel"
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 2&t=195189

this is appropriate, i'm sure aggiephil will love it
AggiePhil
Silent Operator

Post by AggiePhil »

Thanks for the ARFCOM link dude. I'll ignore that picture. Image
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

lol i started that thread too...
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

bigdog2003_99 wrote:lol i started that thread too...
ha, you live on in infamy