FN PS90

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

PTK
Silent But Deadly

Re: FN PS90

Post by PTK »

okent, I'm not following you. There is ALREADY an autosear, and all that it seems it would take is moving one tail of the spring off of the part labeled C and onto the support piece of C instead of in the notch. That would allow the sear to take over and not allow semi-auto fire.
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

First off, I am not advocating the illegal modification of any firearm to make an unlawful machinegun. If you don't have the proper license to make your own then don't do it. This warning is not directed to anyone in this current discussion but instead for anyone who stumbles across this thread when doing a google search in the future.
There, my conscience is relieved. 8)

PTK:
Sorry, I'm probably not using the right terms.
Moving that spring leg out of the notch of C won't do it. There is still enough pressure from the tail resting on that cam surface to engage the semiauto hammer catch. If you take all spring pressure off C then it will flop back and forth.

A drop in disconnector can be made that would take about a minute to install with no modification of the pack or the selector.
It would also allow semi or full depending on how far you pull the trigger.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

okent wrote:A drop in disconnector can be made that would take about a minute to install with no modification of the pack or the selector.
It would also allow semi or full depending on how far you pull the trigger.
I don't know if this was the conversion method used, but it is how the postie I fired operated. With the selector in auto pulling back part way on the trigger fired semi, pulling back all the way fired full.
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

Maybe, except there is no modification of the factory semi selector.
In other words, there is A position only the S and 1 positions.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I will tell you all something interesting. Converting a old ps90 to have reliable full auto take2 2min.

A Class 2 SOT and I witnessed this feat personally. It is the simplest of thing that's why the ridiculous prices on these things. IT IS STILL ILLEGAL!!!!! But just for info it is WAY to easy! That's why everybody want the old one. I will not be the one to tell anyone how to do this but there is absolutely NO cutting NO modifying any part! It is simply moving something with your fingernail about 20 thousands of a inch over. Just some useless info. :wink:
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

M40A1308M,

Yes, I already mentioned that, okent seems to think it wouldn't work, but moving that tail of the spring so it rests on the barrel of the disconnector instead of the notch would do it. Once it's disassembled, trigger pack in hand, it's a 5-10 second job. :shock:

okent,

I've been looking at the trigger pack, and I think I know what you mean, now - a somewhat U-shaped drop-in piece would do it, so that if you pull a little, it functions as-is, but if you pull harder, the disconnector is pushed out of the way of the hammer and full-auto fire results.

Man, I know what my first project is once I get my 02/07... the five second machinegun conversion.

And I thought AKs would be easy to convert, "just" drill two holes and make room on the rail for the sear to poke through, but damn. That seems HARD, compared to the PS90... :lol:
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

This content should probably be deleted.
-----
Ick
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Sorry, I was trying to back your position on how EASY it is with out going over board. And I have had P 90 completely apart . As far as I can tell the REAL P90 trigger and switch allows the trigger to move farther that the civilian one. I think you kinda mentioned that to. To covert one to select I think all you would need is switch trigger and trigger bar,and old pack of course correct me if I am wrong. Cause if you take the pack out a hold it, pull the fire mechanism all the way back and see the hooks fall away with out the spring movement.

As far as deleting this WHY? It's just a discussion nothing more.

The local SOT has a P90 it sure is fun to shoot.

All NFA rules apply.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

It would seem to me having this sort of information on a VERY public forum does no good for any gun owner, enables illegal behavior, and may very well be fuel for the anti-gun agenda.... especially if some moron decides to do the mod and ends up killing someone.
-----
Ick
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

ick I think your tinfoil is a little too tight man. :lol:
srt-4_uk
Silent But Deadly

Post by srt-4_uk »

ick wrote:It would seem to me having this sort of information on a VERY public forum does no good for any gun owner, enables illegal behavior, and may very well be fuel for the anti-gun agenda.... especially if some moron decides to do the mod and ends up killing someone.
We should get rid of the silencersmith forum too. It enables illegal behavior.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

lol. I dunno. Instructional material on how to illegally modify. Just saying it is not the same as posting information on legal suppressors or posting a lot of breitbart posts.
-----
Ick
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

No one has said to go out and do it without your SOT. I never understood the taboo with discussing converting machine guns or building silencers etc. It is all legal if you have the right paperwork. If someone without the paperwork goes out and gets in trouble then that is his problem.
Cooper
Silent Operator

Post by Cooper »

How to do something is not a problem. These pages are to learn and share knowledge. Only if you take it to the next step without the proper paperwork is there a problem.
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

The only reason I have posted this info here is because it is specifically in the NFA part of the forum.
It honestly makes me a little nervous talking about this stuff too but if it would ever be reasonable to discuss it then this is the place. My only fear is that some stupid 18 year old would read this and just HAVE to try it and get caught which could ruin an otherwise bright future. If I got caught for all the stupid stuff I did as a kid I would still be in jail.

Info is readily available just about anywhere. I can obtain a manual on how to make meth or grow pot or manufacture opium but that doesn't mean I am doing it.

There has to be some happy medium between speaking in hushed tones in a dark corner and GOV in the eye and this seems like the way to do it.

I'm not doubting that you all have seen the spring thing work but I have seen it not work.
I can think of at least 3 different ways to temporarily convert this pack besides what has been discussed.
It's not whether it can be done it's just a matter of how as with any firearm.

My opinion as to why this was allowed to ever hit the market is because FN is such a huge company that deals with the US
and when they submitted it for approval nobody really checked it over and it was rubber stamped. Info got out about how this was relatively simple to convert and then the changes started happening and the prices for trigger packs hit the roof.
I remember when Brownell's had black hammers for sale for $50 each but those are long gone. 8)

Just about any gun can be converted to full auto with a little time and ingenuity and it's fun to talk about it.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

http://www.ehow.com/how_6513063_make-ai ... matic.html

Here is 16 steps to make a full auto. :lol:
Cooper
Silent Operator

Post by Cooper »

nice!
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

ick I understand your concern ,but I personally work with no less that 4 Class2 SOT's ant any given moment. We never said !DOIT! if someone does it then that's on them. If you want to be a criminal then there is nothing to stop you. But I believe we still can discuss the technical aspect of weapons and how they work. How many criminals have made a silencer from the stuff they find on web sites. I could bet 100's, it going to happen, that is the nature of things.

But I am responsible for one person ME not you. If you do not like what is being written then walk away from the discussion and read something else. But we are not trying to make you do evil things with weapons or anyone else.

Every forum that some one mentions something slightly GREY then the LAW degree wannabe's come running.

I did find on the P90 that you can in fact run subsonic on full auto with a suppressor. It is very cool.
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

I had wondered if subs would work with a suppressor.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Yes they do!!! 55gr fmj I loaded 6.8 or 7 grains of HS6 { please try a lower load first I am remembering off the top of my head.} I used a M42000 and it was cool indeed. We only had a box of the factory stuff shot one round and it cycled. I think I am going to try 62 green tip next.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Tagged for hopefully more excellent info. I checked last night and believe that I have a 2nd Gen. trigger pack (gray with black hammer).
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
bullyforyou
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bullyforyou »

so, there are several different "generations" of trigger packs, but color aside, they all function the same excepting the very newest ones? what was the purpose of FN changing them then...?

as an aside, i'm not familiar with the P90/PS90. it's on a short list of SMG's i haven't shot, and the even shorter list of semi-auto's i haven't shot, so i ask this because i don't know anything about the system. does the P90 SMG only have a 2 position selector, where the fire position functions like on a real AUG; pull for semi, pull more for auto?
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

bullyforyou wrote:does the P90 SMG only have a 2 position selector, where the fire position functions like on a real AUG; pull for semi, pull more for auto?
It has a three position, 0/1/A.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

PS90 16" semiautomatic

P90 Full auto Military. Factory FN
okent
Silent But Deadly

Post by okent »

Abiqua wrote:
bullyforyou wrote:does the P90 SMG only have a 2 position selector, where the fire position functions like on a real AUG; pull for semi, pull more for auto?
It has a three position, 0/1/A.

The "A" is the dual pull setup but "1" is only semi.