LMT M203 on my new standalone mount

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mac man
Elite Member

LMT M203 on my new standalone mount

Post by mac man »

LMT 9" 40mm Rail Mount Grenade Launcher with spare 12' barrel (not pictured), Spikes LMT standalone mount, Magpul CTR stock, Magpul 2nd Gen front sight, NM carry handle with attached LMT quadrant sight, RM Equipment 40mm vertical grip with Surefire G2 (removed) and a ERGO suregrip ambi pistol grip.
Gibal
Silent Operator

Re: LMT M203 on my new standalone mount

Post by Gibal »

NICE!!! Good looking set-up.
"Studies have shown that breathing through the nose, as opposed to the mouth, may increase a person's IQ"
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

Put this little guy together last week.

este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

Just out of curiosity... What do you guys use these for?

The good 40mm can't be had correct? So that leaves flares, smoke, and shotgun adapters? Bean bags?
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

este wrote:Just out of curiosity... What do you guys use these for?

The good 40mm can't be had correct? So that leaves flares, smoke, and shotgun adapters? Bean bags?
Nope, these are real deal 40mm greanade launchers (well mine is anyway). I shoot flair rounds, chalk, maybe some smoke or anything that is available via the Internet or that I can reload myself. They are pretty fun.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

sardo67 wrote:

Nope, these are real deal 40mm greanade launchers (well mine is anyway). I shoot flair rounds, chalk, maybe some smoke or anything that is available via the Internet or that I can reload myself. They are pretty fun.
Este means "the good 40mm ROUNDS".

launchers are fun with chalk. Don't know if i'd go through the NFA for it, but still fun.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

I looked into it, you just need an explosives license and storage bunker that's up to ATF specs. Now getting a company that will sell live 40mm HE rounds to you unless you have a legit reason is the hard part.

I do know other ways but they're way on the wrong side of legal and I wouldn't advise it. Haha.
Ronzo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ronzo »

Do you guy's use Grog's recipes for roll your own 40mm rounds? How hard is it to make your own legal 40mm rounds?
The Gemtech MK9K is the only supressor I use nowadays
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

Ronzo wrote:Do you guy's use Grog's recipes for roll your own 40mm rounds? How hard is it to make your own legal 40mm rounds?
I buy once fires plastic shells and te new zink pushers with blue nose cones then load them with line chalk. Not too hard, after the first 10-15 or so you kinda get a rhythm and it goes faster. I'm goin to pin up a .22 subcal device and some 22 tracers which I hear is a pretty neat looking show at dusk or night time.
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

JasonM wrote: Este means "the good 40mm ROUNDS".

launchers are fun with chalk. Don't know if i'd go through the NFA for it, but still fun.
The NFA process isn't any different for the 203s than a suppressor. You can buy an already registered 203 receiver from LMT or find one than is still a title 1 just like any other gun. After you get it send out a form 1 and wait..... Few months later and you can put the 40mm barrel on it.
este
Silent But Deadly

Post by este »

sardo67 wrote:

The NFA process isn't any different for the 203s than a suppressor. You can buy an already registered 203 receiver from LMT or find one than is still a title 1 just like any other gun. After you get it send out a form 1 and wait..... Few months later and you can put the 40mm barrel on it.
I think Jason is well aware of the process.

His comment was that (and I agree) that spending $200 to launch chalk is questionable for some. Now, if you have a reason to, great. I just don't think that I do.

Are 40mm tear gas and 40mm buckshot legal ?
sardo67
Silent Operator

Post by sardo67 »

tear gas and buckshot are legal, go search "40mm" on gunbroker and you'll find some pretty neat stuff as well as odd-ball things. its a little more expensive and not as practical as suppressors but way fun.

i also have this problem where i wander around the internet and impulse buy NFA stuff..... ya i know it's bad sometimes but i figure i need at least one of each. now i have one SBR and a can but soon to have a total of.... 2 SBR, 4 Cans, 1 MG, 1 DD, and after all of that i'll probably pick up an AOW just to have one of everything. also have plans to get 3 more suppressors mostly for pistols.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

sardo67 wrote:

I understand of course.

give me legal HE rounds and it's worth it. :)

Teargas, buckshot and flares, I'm not interested. Chalk rounds are as fun as a pump action paintball gun after a few. IMHO, YMMV, Etc...

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably get a 40mm just for the occasional shits and giggles IF they were not NFA.

ETA- I also agree that you can buy whatever NFA tickles your fancy, glad you're collecting.
Kick Ass Design
ten:pm media
www.facebook.com/VisualGravy
mac man
Elite Member

Post by mac man »

Smoke, flare, chalk, 14.5mm artillery simulators, buckshot, flechette, .22 beehives, 12 ga, 20ga, pyrotechnic, etc..
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

I would imagine that some gents one of them so that in the event that things get crazy, and they came across a supply of 40mm HEDP ... they would have a safe, sighted-in method with which to deploy said 40mm HEDP. Furthermore, this method would be one they had practiced with and became proficient with.