can for an Uzi?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

504ranger
Silent But Deadly

can for an Uzi?

Post by 504ranger »

So I finally broke into the machine gun world and bought a full size Vector RR and was looking at picking up a suppressor down the line. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good can. I know to stay away from Coastal. Any thoughts on the Mossad II. I appreciate the advice guys.
ATCDoktor
Silent But Deadly

Re: can for an Uzi?

Post by ATCDoktor »

Do you already own a 9mm suppressor?

If so, is it adaptable for use on the UZI?

The reason I ask, is that I run an SWR Trident on my FA UZI and find it to be a good fit for the platform.

I don't get "gassed" and find that it suppresses well.

That said, there are a great many people that will share with you that "volume is king" with a subgun suppressor.

This may be true with smaller faster firing subguns like the MAC but with UZI, with its 10.2" barrel and slow rate of fire (around 700 rounds a minute) I found that that the Trident is more than adequate to suppress this platform.

I believe (if you already own a 9mm can of merit) it will be well suited for the task.

If you don't already own a 9mm can I would recommend one of the "high end" FA rated pistol cans that can be adapted to the UZI and pull triple duty as a subgun/handgun/subsonic rifle suppressor.

In my mind, for the UZI, a dedicated Subgun can isn't warranted and a suppressor you can use across multiple hosts would be a better buy.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

My 9mm can is the YHM Cobra so I don't believe it is rated for FA and with the Neilson device I don't believe it would be adaptable for the barrel nut on the Uzi. Not too concerned about a can but as I am about to head out the door again for a deployment I like to explore my options :) I am not against having cans dedicated for single platforms either as it expands my collection. Thanks for the tips.
ATCDoktor
Silent But Deadly

Post by ATCDoktor »

I am not against having cans dedicated for single platforms either as it expands my collection. Thanks for the tips.
No problem refrence the tips, it's my pleasure.

Reference dedicated subgun cans, what I found while doing my research for UZI cans was that most of the "good ones" were hard to find.

The Gemtech Viper (really a MAC oriented can), the Gemtech MK9K and the AWC MK9 (which I don't even know if it's still made or not) are all semi custom orders (I think Gemtech only does 1 run a year of theirs).

There's not a lot of demand for them and no distrubutor that I could find had them in stock.

I havefound the Viper's on Gunbroker but wasn't interested in navigating a two stamp transfer from an individual or running the risk of a form 3 purchase form an unknown dealer.

Tom Bowers also has his CAC 9 suppressor and he offers a barrel nut interface for the UZI. From what I understand it's a pretty good can.

If a dedicated subgun can is what you decide on (and you can't find the one you're interested in) I'd place the order from the manufacturer/dealer prior to your deployment.

You've been around these boards long enough to know what happens when you buy something/order something that's not in stock.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

Yep. Thanks for the heads up. I am working my way through a 2 stamp deal right now and the F3 is pending to my dealer. My only hope is I can get the packet in to the ATF before I roll otherwise it puts me 5 more months behind. I appreciate your insights.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

Bowers has great customer service. For $15 (the price of return shipping) he'll disassemble, clean, make any needed repairs, re-core to most current baffle stack (if needed) and ship it back. The CAC line also has an interchangeable mount system so you can use it on other hosts.

link
Garrett
Silent But Deadly

Post by Garrett »

ATCDoktor wrote: If you don't already own a 9mm can I would recommend one of the "high end" FA rated pistol cans that can be adapted to the UZI and pull triple duty as a subgun/handgun/subsonic rifle suppressor...
Good advice. For the time and effort it takes to acquire, it's not a bad idea to get one that's as versatile as possible.

OTOH, it sounds like you already have a 9mm pistol can (not that getting another would be a bad thing). For whatever reason, the Uzi suppresses particularly well. I shoot a Trident-9 and a Bowers CAC-45 on my Uzi, and both sound great. The tone is slightly different, but I couldn't say that one is better or quieter than the other. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAF1D4e5yRQ

The Bowers can costs less than the Trident, but it's a larger diameter and longer too. But due to the differences in the Uzi mounts for the two cans, the Bowers can is only slightly longer on that firearm.

I usually shoot the CAC-45 more often on the Uzi, but that's because I'm usually shooting the Trident on something else at the time.

Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

Gemtech MK9K...Mossad II maybe something like a Multi Mount or Octane where you could change the mount and use on other 9 mills.
bullyforyou
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bullyforyou »

gemtech MK9K with uzi mount. buy it.

Bluewidowr1

Post by Bluewidowr1 »

I don't have one but several members have Liberty Mystics and speak well of them and they are full auto rated and have a dedicated Uzi mount. Just another option for you....
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

Guys I really appreciate the info and it will give me something to think about while I'm deployed. Can't wait to shoot this thing :twisted: