gunbroker auction "non restricted" G18 slide assembly

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

snipersubsonic
Silent But Deadly

gunbroker auction "non restricted" G18 slide assembly

Post by snipersubsonic »

this is either a trap or a complete mo-ron.. i hate it for who ever gets involved... i mailed him stating it was in fact restricted and considered a MG.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =285634884
Jeremy
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: gunbroker auction "non restricted" G18 slide assembly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

snipersubsonic wrote:this is either a trap or a complete mo-ron.. i hate it for who ever gets involved... i mailed him stating it was in fact restricted and considered a MG.

Jeremy
How is it considered an MG? The G18 slide was designed not to work on a G17. I don't see a problem with it the lower is the only thing thats controlled.
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
snipersubsonic
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipersubsonic »

didnt know that... maybe i should retract my bid. jk.. whats diff? im aware that the frame is the serialized part..
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

snipersubsonic wrote:didnt know that... maybe i should retract my bid. jk.. whats diff? im aware that the frame is the serialized part..
well with the Glock drop in auto sear, it hits the dsconnect bar on the right side, and on the G18 it hits the disconnect bar on the left. If you look at that picture of the G18 slide on it side, closest to the selector right below that you can see a little rectangle hole, thats what disconnects the striker when the slide comes all the way forward.
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

What good does it do to meddle in other people's business when you don't have all the facts or even an interest in the transaction?
:roll:

"Um, SIR, I do believe what UR doing is ILEGLE K?"

*fap* *fap* *fap*
driver6814
Silent But Deadly

Post by driver6814 »

Pull over, We are the NFA Police.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I recall passing on a deal on these years ago.
Good friend of mine locally did buy a few.
snipersubsonic
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipersubsonic »

Yeah i f'd up spoke outta turn..
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

I'd damn near sell my soul for a G18. I guess I do understand, coming from the perspective of
"HEY! I can't have that but I wish I could! If you are breaking the law FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! :evil: "

:)
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Wait... so is it legitimately ok to bid on/own this? :shock:
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

It's a replacement part unregulated for a glock 18 factory machinegun, it will not fit any other Glock you might have, if you try to make it fit without papers then there would be a problem.

From the price it is bringing being more than a legitimate user could buy and entire Glock 18 for I suspect someone thinks it can do something it can not.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
GoJohnnyGo
Silent But Deadly

Post by GoJohnnyGo »

David Hineline wrote:It's a replacement part unregulated for a glock 18 factory machinegun, it will not fit any other Glock you might have, if you try to make it fit without papers then there would be a problem.

From the price it is bringing being more than a legitimate user could buy and entire Glock 18 for I suspect someone thinks it can do something it can not.

Awesome. Somebody is going to be sorely disappointed.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

David Hineline wrote:It's a replacement part unregulated for a glock 18 factory machinegun, it will not fit any other Glock you might have, if you try to make it fit without papers then there would be a problem.

Why won't it fit a standard Glock 17 frame? I always understood that they were the same frame and it was the slide that was different. :?
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
snipersubsonic wrote:this is either a trap or a complete mo-ron.. i hate it for who ever gets involved... i mailed him stating it was in fact restricted and considered a MG.

Jeremy
How is it considered an MG? The G18 slide was designed not to work on a G17. I don't see a problem with it the lower is the only thing thats controlled.
How do you mean? Why doesn't it work?

robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

The range I worked at (A FA MFR) made one from a g17L. They milled a notch in the frame and there just was a little tab of metal in there. It wasn't selectable, but you could shoot one at a time if you wanted. Seemed like something that would only require a little tinkering to figure out if you were an 07.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jt.kline19 »

FSCJedi wrote:
Jt.kline19 wrote:

Jeremy
How do you mean? Why doesn't it work?
here's to your doubts, the rails the slide sits on is are also higher
http://www.cybershooters.org/dgca/prod01.htm
Member of LSU
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I talked with the individual that has this for sale and he said he has paperwork included on the part.And he is right, there is nothing on owning the UPPER of a 18, I also confirmed this fact. But as soon as someone without the proper licenses try to put it together then you can watch things go bad. As I have talked to him he said he will change the add to reflect the fact it wont fit a regular Glock.And the ever needed NFA RULES APPLY for his protection. I personally never heard of a De-milled Glock but as stuff become unusable we will see more and more unless they outlaw it. This would be a cool collectable.
LoudasFawk
Silent Operator

Post by LoudasFawk »

Sold for $1,625.00

:P WOW
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

M40A1308M wrote:I talked with the individual that has this for sale and he said he has paperwork included on the part.
There is no paperwork required for that part.
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

I understand there is no paperwork REQUIRED for the part. He just has paperwork included with the part as to it's origin. I though some would like to know. Makes it more collectable in my opinion.