Red jacket soon to be a game changer {again}

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Red jacket soon to be a game changer {again}

Post by M40A1308M »

Now I am saying that in the next couple of weeks RJ will air a new robot weapon. And I will not be surprised that they take all of the credit. This design is NOT there own,but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. The robot is able to fire a Glock with a Android phone via a new app. It is cool indeed I just hope the ingenious individual gets credit for his design.
GSRswapandslow
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Red jacket soon to be a game changer {again}

Post by GSRswapandslow »

M40A1308M wrote:Now I am saying that in the next couple of weeks RJ will air a new robot weapon. And I will not be surprised that they take all of the credit. This design is NOT there own,but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. The robot is able to fire a Glock with a Android phone via a new app. It is cool indeed I just hope the ingenious individual gets credit for his design.
wow...i REALLY hope "game changer" is a joke...
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

The robot was or is getting some contract with LE or MIL. But I hope there show does not destroy it for the maker and designer.
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

Red Jacket is a joke. This post is clearly a joke. Welding gutter-pipe to 40mm grenade launchers is... well... BRILLIANT AND GAME CHANGING!!! How do I get a job there?!? How does Jesse James get there?!? How does the NUGE not BOW to Red Jacket at their innovative products?!? How do I rig gas-bombs to cardboard cutouts of tanks and blow them up from 1,000 yards with an AK?!?
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

Just remember it's a TV show.
I recall a show with some castaways on an island with a skipper and his buddy,
along with a really HOT redhead and others......and nobody ever nailed the redhead. :lol:
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

This post was to shed light on a item that was going to air on RJ. It was also to inform who would like to know that it is NOT a invention of RJ. RJ will take credit I thought is was a bad idea to send this to RJ as they will no doubt screw it up in some way. The inventor is a local person and I have seen the item in semi-operation and just thought it was a cool idea. I was in no way giving some sort of promotion to RJ in fact just the opposite. I just think they will take advantage of the inventor as they have to others just for the 15min of fame.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

I was told RJ lost their ffl. Anyone else heard this?
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

SRM wrote:I was told RJ lost their ffl. Anyone else heard this?
The owner and his daughter did due to "missing" items. The shop was operating under gunsmiths license but he quit. Now according to the ATF listings there are two licenses active at RJ. Just proving one or more licenses and there still nuts.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

M40A1308M wrote:The robot was or is getting some contract with LE or MIL. But I hope there show does not destroy it for the maker and designer.
The maker allowed them to use it? Why would he allow that? There are things that can be done about it if he didn't give him permission.
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

Yeah, just remember, the father and daughter are just employees.......

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

Yea, But as we find out what they can and cannot is a fine line when you have the discovery channel backing you. The owner said he has all things in place that his design won't be RAPED,but as you see even KAC was slighted in that respect. I was more saying something as info and as a interest point. 90% of the people watching the show don't have a clue were this stuff comes from or do they care as long as it makes them feel good while eating there popcorn.
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

I KNOW WHERE THE SUPPRESSOR FOR THE MK19 CAME FROM... the plumbing supply store...
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

rogerme wrote:
The owner and his daughter did due to "missing" items. The shop was operating under gunsmiths license but he quit. Now according to the ATF listings there are two licenses active at RJ. Just proving one or more licenses and there still nuts.

THERE and THEY'RE are not the same thing.. The words are not interchangeable. As a resident of a state who has by law erased words due to their bastardization by those who did not learn the right word it is our duty to educate..

Just thought I would educate you. :wink:
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

T_Tactical wrote:
rogerme wrote:

THERE and THEY'RE are not the same thing.. The words are not interchangeable. As a resident of a state who has by law erased words due to their bastardization by those who did not learn the right word it is our duty to educate..

:roll:
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91013
rogerme wrote:
jt526 wrote: Typically the difference is pointed out in a snide remark. In practice, everyone knows exactly what you mean. Not a single person here's first thought would be that you are referring to a 9mm stripper clip for loading mags, forcing a garand en bloc clip in your ejection port or any other nonsense.
It does not matter what you MEAN it is what one SAYS that matters. Yes I am the guy at the range or at the store who speaks up about it. As a matter a fact right before logging on here I posted on a local for sale board the same thing where a guy had listed a Star 9mm and 3 "CLIPS" for sale.

I am also one of the guys who if I go into a shop and the guy/ female working there calls a mag a clip I am not buying anything from them. I was raised with firearms and taught to use the correct terms for things as safety issue.

The fact is in this case I thought I used the correction in a humorous manner.

A CLIP and a MAGAZINE are not the same thing.. The words are not interchangeable. As a resident of a state who has by law erased words due to there bastardization by those who did not learn the right word it is our duty to educate..
igpoobah
Senior Silent Operator

Post by igpoobah »

T_Tactical wrote:
rogerme wrote:

May I suggest, if you are going to be a spelling or grammar nazi... that you check yourself before you look like a fool.

Right is not the same thing as correct. :wink:
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

igpoobah wrote:May I suggest, if you are going to be a spelling or grammar nazi... that you check yourself before you look like a fool.

And may I suggest you look at the post above. You may notice that in the link provided, what I said was actually rogerme's quote from correcting someone else on the difference between clip and magazine. Just struck me as funny that he would correct someone else then use the wrong word himself.

Reading really is fundamental. :D
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

T_Tactical wrote:
igpoobah wrote:May I suggest, if you are going to be a spelling or grammar nazi... that you check yourself before you look like a fool.

And may I suggest you look at the post above. You may notice that in the link provided, what I said was actually rogerme's quote from correcting someone else on the difference between clip and magazine. Just struck me as funny that he would correct someone else then use the wrong word himself.

Reading really is fundamental. :D
Yes because these are examples of the same thing. Notice I did not argue I was WRONG nor did I justify my mistake as "accepted use".
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

Just struck me as funny is all. :lol:
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

M40A1308M wrote: This design is NOT their own,
We already knew that... based on previous episodes. :lol: