Shipping to a manufacture while item is pending?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Shipping to a manufacture while item is pending?

Post by 504ranger »

I bought a Serbu a few months back which is currently sitting with my dealer and pending and my question is can he ship it to a manufacture (Lone Wolf that handles AOWs already) to have some custom engraving done while I wait or does it have to be approved first?

Thanks for the help.
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shipping to a manufacture while item is pending?

Post by Jt.kline19 »

504ranger wrote:I bought a Serbu a few months back which is currently sitting with my dealer and pending and my question is can he ship it to a manufacture (Lone Wolf that handles AOWs already) to have some custom engraving done while I wait or does it have to be approved first?

Thanks for the help.
Yep along as its going to an 07/02 SOT to work on it. He is technically the owner
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Jt.kline19 wrote:
504ranger wrote:I bought a Serbu a few months back which is currently sitting with my dealer and pending and my question is can he ship it to a manufacture (Lone Wolf that handles AOWs already) to have some custom engraving done while I wait or does it have to be approved first?

Thanks for the help.
Yep along as its going to an 07/02 SOT to work on it. He is technically the owner
JT is right!

We jailbreak silencers while in transfer saving the to-be owners alot of time this very way!
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

Thanks guys! Figured I had nothing but time so why not.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

504ranger wrote:Thanks guys! Figured I had nothing but time so why not.
The hardest part about the process is to convince and show the SOT that it is ok to do so. So many SOT's won't even consider it because its more paperwork and a hassle.