22 LR top end for an M16??

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

22 LR top end for an M16??

Post by eastern_hunter »

Guys,

Am curious ... have an RR M16 and am wondering what 22 LR top end will work well suppressed with the selector or "Auto."

Thought one might be fun with the HA Kestrel can mounted.

Given that Ceiner has major problems these days, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Re: 22 LR top end for an M16??

Post by rogerme »

I use the CMMG ( stainless kit ) works great.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Clint,

Was under the impression that the CMMG kit was semi only. What has to be ordered to get one that works on full?

Thanks
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

eastern_hunter wrote:Clint,

Was under the impression that the CMMG kit was semi only. What has to be ordered to get one that works on full?

Thanks
A auto trip and anibounce weight just like the ciener uses
or wait for cmmg to come out with the one they have.
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

at the top of the 2nd page in this thread, poster rogerme has included some great pictures of the two items redtazdog mentions. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=86588&hilit=Full+a ... F&start=25.
twodollarbill
Silent But Deadly

Post by twodollarbill »

I've got a cmmg stainless kit and I use the auto trip and bounce weight Ciener parts out of
a kit I have for full auto.
Looks like the auto trip sells for $25 and the weight sells for $25 from Ciener
http://www.22lrconversions.com/ordpg-prts-ar.htm
jaredr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jaredr »

twodollarbill wrote:I've got a cmmg stainless kit and I use the auto trip and bounce weight Ciener parts out of
I like the idea of buying them now since I know I'll need them but wasn't ciener arrested a few months ago for postal/wire fraud or other something similar? love the disclaimer at the bottom of his order page "Sorry, no credit cards - their acceptance would require increases in prices to offset the losses from fraud". My understanding is that he was finally arrested for non-fullfillment of paid orders. If my information is incorrect, please advise.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

jaredr wrote:
twodollarbill wrote:I've got a cmmg stainless kit and I use the auto trip and bounce weight Ciener parts out of
I like the idea of buying them now since I know I'll need them but wasn't ciener arrested a few months ago for postal/wire fraud or other something similar? love the disclaimer at the bottom of his order page "Sorry, no credit cards - their acceptance would require increases in prices to offset the losses from fraud". My understanding is that he was finally arrested for non-fullfillment of paid orders. If my information is incorrect, please advise.
You are correct.
eastern_hunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by eastern_hunter »

Is why I mentioned that Ceiner has significant problems just now!
O2HeN2
Silent But Deadly

Post by O2HeN2 »

twodollarbill wrote:I've got a cmmg stainless kit and I use the auto trip and bounce weight Ciener parts out of a kit I have for full auto.
That's exactly what I did. I've had a Ciener FA kit for about 25+ years that never, ever ran in FA (bought it because my buddy's FA Ciener ran just fine in my gun, go figure). Dropped the SS CMMG kit with the Ciener parts in my 6" .22 upper and it runs like a top. Like a garden hose with a shoulder stock.

I've relegated the Ciener kit to my other, normal-length .22 upper that sits on a semi. Runs in semi auto mode just fine.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
TEXMEX
Silent Operator

Post by TEXMEX »

eastern_hunter wrote:Is why I mentioned that Ceiner has significant problems just now!
The fraud charges were dropped.

http://news.brevardtimes.com/2012/02/ch ... l-gun.html

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012

Charges Against Cape Canaveral Gun Conversion Maker Dropped

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- The Brevard County State Attorney's Office has dropped a felony charge this week against gun conversion manufacturer Jonathan A. Ciener.

The Brevard County Sheriff's Office raided Jonathan Arthur Ciener, Inc. located at 8700 Commerce Street in Cape Canaveral last November and charged Ciener with one count of scheme to defraud in an amount less than $20,000. (Image above)

Jonathan Arthur Ciener, Inc., is a company that sells gun conversion kits nationwide and advertises its kits on www.22lrconversions.com.

Ciener's attorney, Greg Eisenmenger of the Viera law firm Eisenmenger, Berry & Peters, P.A., told Brevard Times that the criminal charge was brought against Ciener after a few, but very vocal customers, had complained to law enforcement about not receiving merchandise after payment.

Eisenmenger said that his client was able to provide records to the State Attorney's office which demonstrated that thousands of orders had been filled and that the lengthy back orders represented less than 1 % of all orders.

Eisenmenger added that the money for the back orders was always kept in a separate account and not used for operating expenses while Ciener continued to process and ship a unique product that is in high demand.
47_MasoN_47
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 47_MasoN_47 »

I don't have an M-16 but have played with one in the past. He had a CMMG kit in his. It was a bit picky on ammo, but he said that it's had over 200k rounds put through it (was a rental gun so I can believe that) without issues. His had that auto-sear anti-bounce weight deal on it too.
Check out my YouTube channel below!
http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

47_MasoN_47 wrote:His had that auto-sear anti-bounce weight deal on it too.
Kind of required to go FA.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
47_MasoN_47
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 47_MasoN_47 »

I don't know anything about .22 kits for AR/M16, I figured someone made one that worked differently.
Check out my YouTube channel below!
http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

WOW 25$ per item he never charged me that at NOBcreek. We lost our kit down there and the 2 together were 15$. And if you bought more than 1 kit he charged only 10$ a piece. Is Spike's Tactical a place you can buy the trip and weight? I had heard you can get them there if you show form4 proof. I could be wrong.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

M40A1308M wrote:WOW 25$ per item he never charged me that at NOBcreek. We lost our kit down there and the 2 together were 15$. And if you bought more than 1 kit he charged only 10$ a piece. Is Spike's Tactical a place you can buy the trip and weight? I had heard you can get them there if you show form4 proof. I could be wrong.
I bought two sets form spikes but never provided them with anything but a cc number and address.

Clint Smith
M40A1308M
Silent But Deadly

Post by M40A1308M »

It may have not been Spike's as I said, but I know that allot of places selling NFA parts are now requesting the FORM copy to sell them.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

M40A1308M wrote:It may have not been Spike's as I said, but I know that allot of places selling NFA parts are now requesting the FORM copy to sell them.
As they have no legal right to ask for my tax forms I would not buy from "those" places!

Clint Smith