6 weeks from check cashed to pending??

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jjmoberg

6 weeks from check cashed to pending??

Post by jjmoberg »

Did I make someone mad??

I mailed off a trust, Form 4 on March 15th, the check was cashed the following week. I called to check my status today, hoping to possibly hear I had just been approved. On NFA tracker it is showing a downward wait time trend, and I have seen a few recently that were received, that had been mailed around my same time period. However, the man I talked to today said that I went pending on May 10th, and not to expect to see it til November.. That is 6 full weeks from cashed to pending!! Most I see are 2 to 4 weeks, just perusing the NFA tracker site. What gives!! Bad luck... I am in Missouri.

Jeremy
Jt.kline19
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6 weeks from check cashed to pending??

Post by Jt.kline19 »

jjmoberg wrote:Did I make someone mad??

I mailed off a trust, Form 4 on March 15th, the check was cashed the following week. I called to check my status today, hoping to possibly hear I had just been approved. On NFA tracker it is showing a downward wait time trend, and I have seen a few recently that were received, that had been mailed around my same time period. However, the man I talked to today said that I went pending on May 10th, and not to expect to see it til November.. That is 6 full weeks from cashed to pending!! Most I see are 2 to 4 weeks, just perusing the NFA tracker site. What gives!! Bad luck... I am in Missouri.

Jeremy
I had one take about that last year, but it seems like a majority of the time it will go pending about 2 weeks after. My MAC 10 45, and suppressor went pending a week later. I to am in MO
Once a Marine Always a Marine, so why reenlist?
Member of LSU
In Memory of the First Person to Get Me Into Guns, and NFA. RIP Edward R. Kline USAF Retired, August 12, 1953- May 26, 2012
jjmoberg

Post by jjmoberg »

That is what I thought.. It makes me mad. I am going to wait a month longer than I should have to because of the time to go pending. Very frustrating. I really wanted to have this by mid October for my elk hunting trip...
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

My first two Form 4s took five weeks from the cashing of trhe check to go 'pending'.

The latest one took a week from the cashing of trhe check to go 'pending'.

They are burning through the backlog with the contract assistants they hired.

mbogo
7 stamps and 1 in jail :mrgreen:
diverdown13

Post by diverdown13 »

Same here. 6 weeks from ck cashed to pending. Mine was sent off in late March. I am in Texas. Total BS. Then its 6-7 months from the PENDING date. Not the ck cashed date like before. In the last year, My form 4's have ranged from just under 3 months(1 1/2 years ago) to 4 months then 5 and now 6-7. They need a fast line for people that do multiple each year. I sent in 10 form 4's this year so far and it sucks to wait that long.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

diverdown13 wrote:Same here. 6 weeks from ck cashed to pending. Mine was sent off in late March. I am in Texas. Total BS. Then its 6-7 months from the PENDING date. Not the ck cashed date like before. In the last year, My form 4's have ranged from just under 3 months(1 1/2 years ago) to 4 months then 5 and now 6-7. They need a fast line for people that do multiple each year. I sent in 10 form 4's this year so far and it sucks to wait that long.
It was NEVER from the cashed date, its always been since pending, at least it has been for the last 10 years.

Waiting is part of the game, everyone waits the same, no privileges because you have more disposable income than someone else.