who offers factory SBRs?

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Billmanweh
Silent But Deadly

who offers factory SBRs?

Post by Billmanweh »

I'm curious where I can buy a factory SBR lower and avoid the engraving, etc.
Madsmiley
Silent But Deadly

Re: who offers factory SBRs?

Post by Madsmiley »

Billmanweh wrote:I'm curious where I can buy a factory SBR lower and avoid the engraving, etc.
Much easier and faster just to have one engraved yourself
Billmanweh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Billmanweh »

how could it be easier or faster than just buying one already registered?
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by Selectedmarksman »

I'd asked around and not found anybody who'd do a factory SBR for me. POF for one, my only option would have been to purchase one of their lowers, have it SBRed, THEN purchase one of their uppers.

I guess the up-side is you could purchase a Title 1 firearm and enjoy it while it was being SBRed then purchase the shorter upper for it. In cases where that's not easily done (any HK Clone, for example) it kind of screws us.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

CMMG offers factory SBR's for transfer. I don't know what their requirements are for ordering or anything, but they have them on their web site and state that ALL NFA RULES APPLY. They make top notch stuff and their prices are pretty good.

ETA: You can't really buy a factory SBR stripped lower. It's not an SBR until it's registered and then built, therefore you would have to transfer a used, stripped SBR lower which I imagine are pretty rare because most people build their own and it would have someone else's name on it. Most of the mfg's that do SBR's do so to sell a complete rifle, so unless you find something used, it's buy complete or build and engrave your own.
Last edited by chrismartin on Tue May 15, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billmanweh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Billmanweh »

chrismartin wrote:CMMG offers factory SBR's for transfer. I don't know what their requirements are for ordering or anything, but they have them on their web site and state that ALL NFA RULES APPLY. They make top notch stuff and their prices are pretty good.
I'll check that out, thanks
Madsmiley
Silent But Deadly

Post by Madsmiley »

Billmanweh wrote:how could it be easier or faster than just buying one already registered?
Because its something you can do yourself as a project as time and money premits..It would probably be cheaper for you to do it on your own as well..As long as its MILSPEC, theyre all pretty much the same in my experence..
f.2
Silent But Deadly

Post by f.2 »

Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

I've got an CMMG coming as we speak. Price on a complete rifle was very good. So far, the whole thing has been painless. Their 11.5 inch rifle is a good purchase option. Get the H-2 buffer and the EGRESS bolt. ;)
Wally
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wally »

Colt has several models...

6933 11.5
6971 14.5
6971 HB 10.5

I think they have a few others,

Wally
f.2
Silent But Deadly

Post by f.2 »

Wally wrote:Colt has several models...

6933 11.5
6971 14.5
6971 HB 10.5

I think they have a few others,

Wally
Did you mean 6921?
Billmanweh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Billmanweh »

So, Colt and CMMG for complete rifles.

And I've found out that Noveske will sell a registered SBR lower.
nutinauniversalshell
Silent But Deadly

Post by nutinauniversalshell »

how's that work...dont you list barrel length?

and from the letter the atf sent me individuals need not engrave only manufacturers.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

David Whitson will xfer you a stripped lower that is registered as an SBR.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

nutinauniversalshell wrote:how's that work...dont you list barrel length?

and from the letter the atf sent me individuals need not engrave only manufacturers.

Please post copy of said letter, as this in not the typical understanding.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
nutinauniversalshell
Silent But Deadly

Post by nutinauniversalshell »

is an email. i will gladly forward it to whoever and they can post it. I dont feel like figuring it out right now.

Edited: emailed it to you and robert. please remove my name if you post it on here. thanks.
Last edited by nutinauniversalshell on Wed May 16, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billmanweh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Billmanweh »

renegade wrote:David Whitson will xfer you a stripped lower that is registered as an SBR.

Who is David Whitson?
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

nutinauniversalshell wrote:is an email. i will gladly forward it to whoever and they can post it. I dont feel like figuring it out right now.

Edited: emailed it to you and robert. please remove my name if you post it on here. thanks.
Unless it is a new letter (6 months or so) don't bother, it has been superceded by a new one.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Billmanweh wrote:
renegade wrote:David Whitson will xfer you a stripped lower that is registered as an SBR.

Who is David Whitson?
Shark Suppressors, JDW MFG in Plano.
Billmanweh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Billmanweh »

renegade wrote:
Billmanweh wrote:

Who is David Whitson?
Shark Suppressors, JDW MFG in Plano.

Ok, thanks, I'll check with him.
Wally
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wally »

I might have meant 6921, but I think they have a new one with the 6721 designation...I might be wrong, but you guys get the point...Wally
bonebreak2000
Silent But Deadly

Post by bonebreak2000 »

I had heard that DSA Arms was going to offer a SBR version of the TP9. Now if that just includes a folding stock or the original front grip as well remains to be seen. If the civi SBR they offer comes as the SF version with the folding stock and the front grip I'll probably jump on it. I am waiting to hear about these as they look fun to me. Its not the SBR to get if you are only going to own one. But they look like they could be cool to tinker with.

Also seeing as they are based on the TMP/SPP that was banned in 93 I'm not sure how long they will be around. I might snatch one up. The only problem I heard about from shot show was the aweful trigger. But hopefully something after market can be done about that.

http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BTTP9
monkeytoys
Silent But Deadly

Post by monkeytoys »

vector arms is making some hk clones and uzi sbrs.

a link to some of their stuff on impact guns

http://www.impactguns.com/store/vector.html
wolffie
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolffie »

Wally wrote:I might have meant 6921, but I think they have a new one with the 6721 designation...I might be wrong, but you guys get the point...Wally
Yes, there are both. The 69 signifies the LE Carbine series, with an M4 profile barrel. The 6920 with a 16", 6921 with 14.5" and 6933 with 11.5" barrels. The 67 series refers to the Government carbine series with a thin pencil barrel. I have never seen a 6733, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, the 6721's generally command less money than the 6921 as the M4 barrel seems more popular.

I have the 6920, and the 6921, now I need a 6933 before I start working on the 67 series. Hopefully the 10 series will make it's way out soon.
Omega 30
SpecWar2
HemsII
Trident9
Warlock
Evolution9
Pilot
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

For a shooter, I opted for the CMMG rifle. The Colt upper on a 6933 costs more then the complete rifle from CMMG, at least when I went shopping.

I should be able to provide an informal review of the CMMG rifle in a few weeks.