Glock M18

Machineguns, assault rifles, subguns, SBRs, etc. Photos, questions, discussion. General talk.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

LEO/MIL only.............

sucks, I know.

D.C. Vs. Parker might lead to the death of the MG ban in time........I pray.
NFAtalk.org
zach h
Silent But Deadly

Post by zach h »

now that you guys bring this up I need to make a couple for myself , er ,the buisness.
markm
Silent But Deadly

Post by markm »

I agree with the guys who have expressed concern over why the hell any L.E. scenario would call for a G18.

I'm completely PRO Law Enforcement for sure.

But the G18 really has no place other than a recreational/sporting gun for civilian ownership only. I suppose you could make some justification for Mil use however, but basically it should be for CIVI USE ONLY!
NickB
Elite Industry Professional

Post by NickB »

Full auto G21, anybody?

At least I think that's the G21...we had a 19, 17, and 21 converted that day...
--Nick
VP of Business Development for SilencerCo
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

pneumagger wrote:Sounds like they are rare... but just how much does a transferable Glock 18c cost?
$0 since there are none.
chief
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chief »

markm wrote:I agree with the guys who have expressed concern over why the hell any L.E. scenario would call for a G18.

I'm completely PRO Law Enforcement for sure.

But the G18 really has no place other than a recreational/sporting gun for civilian ownership only. I suppose you could make some justification for Mil use however, but basically it should be for CIVI USE ONLY!
That seems to be the opinion of most people, even LEO's who have shot one, but there is a huge difference between just shooting one and being properly trained on how to operate with one. It is a highly effective tool when it is used properly within it's design limitations.
Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one.
joshuap
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshuap »

Renegade, your statement is incorrect. I know of 2 full auto glocks in the registery on Form 4s.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

joshuap wrote:Renegade, your statement is incorrect. I know of 2 full auto glocks in the registery on Form 4s.
Impossible to be legal unless it was made before 1968 GCA or unless it was a converted G17 (which is not a G18).
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

joshuap wrote:Renegade, your statement is incorrect. I know of 2 full auto glocks in the registery on Form 4s.
I am not wrong.

There are no "transferable Glock 18c" firearms. None, Nada, Zilch.

There maybe some conversion guns, or even some switches, but no factory transferables.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Yeah I'm pretty sure robert and Renagde are right on this one.

NFAtalk.org
joshuap
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshuap »

The one question asked was whether there were any transferable full auto glocks, not specifically the G18C. The two that I know of in the registry are G17s with conversions.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I have owned a converted G17 and cared so little about it I gave it away. On the other hand, I want a G18 real bad. I do not consider them the same, though I agree many people do. Then again, guys who have DIASs thing they have an M16, and they don't. Also gave away a (dealer sample) DIAS.\

In college my friend had a Buick GN. He wished he had a GNX. He did some mods to it. He put on the body parts. He put on the badges. Know what? He never had a GNX no matter what he thought.
robino
Silent But Deadly

Post by robino »

wait a minute...
so you can't have a G18 unless you're an SOT

but you CAN have a converted G17? What are the requirements?
dieselten
Silent But Deadly

Post by dieselten »

robino wrote:... What are the requirements?
1. Find one for sale

2. Buy it.
cqbdoc10
Silent But Deadly

Post by cqbdoc10 »

rsilvers wrote:I have owned a converted G17 and cared so little about it I gave it away. On the other hand, I want a G18 real bad. I do not consider them the same, though I agree many people do. Then again, guys who have DIASs thing they have an M16, and they don't. Also gave away a (dealer sample) DIAS.\

In college my friend had a Buick GN. He wished he had a GNX. He did some mods to it. He put on the body parts. He put on the badges. Know what? He never had a GNX no matter what he thought.
If you have any other items that you would like to give away, just let me know.

:wink:
1) People often ask the U.S. what our secret defense is against terorists. We simply reply....Chuck Norris.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

How much does a converted G17 cost?
If I find a presample normal G17, can I convert it?

Can I just go ahead and convert a pair of G20 pistols to facilitate the breaking of my wrists... or would the nursing of my poor hands be done in federal prison?
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

don't go to prison with broken wrists.....just makes biting your pillow more uncomfortable... :P
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
robino
Silent But Deadly

Post by robino »

no seriously...

a converted G17 would fall under what form / type weapon?
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

a G 17 converted to select fire is a machine gun....
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
MrPhotoGuyInc
Silent But Deadly

Post by MrPhotoGuyInc »

GaLEO wrote:don't go to prison with broken wrists.....just makes biting your pillow more uncomfortable... :P

LOLLLL... NO s--t 8)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

***Warning***
PG-13 Now

www.MrPhotoGuy.com
SFCat66
Silent But Deadly

Post by SFCat66 »

"Normal is a cycle on a washing machine"

SFCat66
chief
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chief »

Any LE agency that pays that price is really stupid since Glock only charges about $575 for one.
Opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one.
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

So let me get this straight...

I can buy a 3rd Gen. Glock 17 ("C" for personal preference and contollability), and then legally have it converted with a select-fire switch? Is three-round-burst an option instead of full auto?

Someone link me to someone who does these conversions, please!

Edited: P.S. Hi everyone! This is my first post. I was referred here by the FN Forums because I'm getting a PS90 SBR and silencer here in the near future.
joshuap
Silent But Deadly

Post by joshuap »

To answer your question, No you cannot get a select fire switch and convert it. You would need to buy one of the few (2 or 3) already registered full auto glock 17s. If you did it today, you would be making a new machine gun, which is illegal. If you became a manufacturer, or were selling to Police Departments, and had a PD love letter, then you could make/acquire a new full auto Glock 18c.
Last edited by joshuap on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golovko
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Golovko »

pneumagger wrote:...If I find a presample normal G17, can I convert it?...
There's no such thing as a presample normal G17. The terms 'presample' and 'postsample' are used only to describe machineguns. Any Glock pistol that can be referred to as a presample is already a machinegun and doesn't need to be converted. Anyone who has a Glock and wants it to be converted to full-auto is already way too late. There are only two options for legally converting a Glock pistol into a machinegun:

1. Become a licensed manufacturer and make them yourself.

2. Figure out a way to get your Glock registered and converted 21 years ago.