St Louis couple in mansion has guns seized

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

St Louis couple in mansion has guns seized

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 13831.html
Police have executed a search warrant at the home of the St Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters marching past their property.

The raid on Mark and Patricia McCloskey’s mansion resulted in authorities seizing the rifle that Mr McCloskey was seen brandishing in a video that went viral after the incident in June.

The search took place on Friday night at the property in the Central West End neighbourhood, according to local news stations. KSDK reported on the seizure of the rifle.

...Missouri has a number of laws that may protect the McCloskeys from any criminal charges. No charges have been filed to date.

The state has Open Carry, Stand Your Ground, and Castle Doctrine legislation, that allow you to carry a weapon, protect yourself if you feel threatened, and defend your home.

However St Louis University law professor John Ammann told KMOV that under those protections you are not allowed to aim a gun unless there is a specific threat that someone is approaching or attempting to enter the home. Video footage showed that Mrs McCloskey appeared to be pointing a gun indiscriminately, with her finger on the trigger, rather than at a specific threat.

City prosecutor Kim Gardner is investigating the incident. She said at the time: “Make no mistake: We will not tolerate the use of force against those exercising their First Amendment rights, and will use the full power of Missouri law to hold people accountable.”

The city prosecutor is virulently anti-gun and pro-BLM, so she was looking for any possible way to seize the guns of the McCloskeys--even though they are Dems and prominent attorneys in the local area. Outside of St Louis this suspect warrant and gun seizure would not likely have occurred in MO.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: St Louis couple in mansion has guns seized

Post by a_canadian »

The prosecutor essentially displayed her prejudice in the case 2 days before the gun was confiscated, when she stated at a press briefing that she would do everything in her power to ensure that the couple did not get away with "this" whatever "this" is in her opinion. From various reports I've read, there were something like 300 people in that march, and they'd just knocked down and twisted the wrought iron gate to get into the private boulevard. Several members of the march had shouted threats against the lives of the couple before the firearms were brought out, and some were taunting the home owners by deliberately stepping onto their lawn.

While I abhor the frankly embarrassing firearm handling on display in the video, the risk to the marchers and the whole neighbourhood in pointing muzzles horizontally with fingers on triggers with lots of houses as a backstop, I get why these two people were scared enough to behave in such a manner. I'd be pretty friggin' freaked out myself, in the context of all the folks who have lost property and even lives in the riots of the past 6 weeks. I might be tempted to go out on the porch and prominently display a firearm, preferably something scary, likely with a secondary weapon also showing and a few magazines as 300 is an awful lot of angry mob members and some of them might be armed.

But these are white, rich people, so they're basically evil without even asking any questions. Even before they brought out the guns. According to BLM and a lot of other folks, they should probably have their house looted and then burned down, just for being privileged. So they're going to get raped by the prosecutor and the judge. If not, it'll be a minor miracle. I mean, it's open season on white people, right?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... y-ignores/