BATFE raid CT FFL where Bushmaster was purchased.

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

BATFE raid CT FFL where Bushmaster was purchased.

Post by snapshot »

"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: BATFE raid CT FFL where Bushmaster was purchased.

Post by doubloon »

Draconian comes to mind.

f#@king 'tards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

OK, so if the halfwit newsie is to be believed, Lanza purchased her rifle legally and all is in order. In addition, a convicted felon and mental patient has stolen many guns from that store.

Because of this, the shop is now being subjected to an ATF colonoscopy. :shock:

New lows.

When I went through my s--t the ATF went to the gun store and got my 4473 for the MP5 clone that had been illegally manufactued into an SBR. They didn't arrest or charge the miserable cunt who admitted to having made it, but they did F--k with the store. I think the ATF needs to not exist any more.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

poikilotrm wrote:OK, so if the halfwit newsie is to be believed, Lanza purchased her rifle legally and all is in order. In addition, a convicted felon and mental patient has stolen many guns from that store.

Because of this, the shop is now being subjected to an ATF colonoscopy. :shock:

New lows.

When I went through my s--t the ATF went to the gun store and got my 4473 for the MP5 clone that had been illegally manufactued into an SBR. They didn't arrest or charge the miserable cunt who admitted to having made it, but they did F--k with the store. I think the ATF needs to not exist any more.

+1
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Am I the only person who read the story?
On Saturday, a South Windsor man — who had received a suspended prison sentence and two years probation in May on charges of stealing a dozen rifles and shotguns from Riverview Sales — tried to steal a sniper rifle from the same store, police said.

Jordan Marsh, 26, pleaded guilty May 10 to a single count of stealing a firearm and received a suspended prison sentence and two years of probation.

According to East Windsor police, on Saturday, Marsh grabbed a Bushmaster .50-caliber rifle from Riverview Sales valued at $5,000 and ran from the store. When store employees confronted Marsh, he pulled a knife, then fled on foot. Police officers eventually caught and arrested him.
It wasn't a "raid" on the gun store and had nothing to do with The Lunatic of the Hour.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

MV10 wrote:Am I the only person who read the story?
It wasn't a "raid" on the gun store and had nothing to do with The Lunatic of the Hour.
Did you read a story about a courageous mouse or something?

EAST WINDSOR—

Federal firearms inspectors were examining business records Thursday at an East Windsor gun shop that sold a weapon to the mother of Adam Lanza, the gunman who shot 20 children and six adults a week ago at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

Deborah Seifert, a spokeswoman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said Thursday that the agency was "involved in an enforcement operation in the East Windsor area," but would not elaborate.

Other law enforcement sources said that Lanza's mother, Nancy, bought one of several weapons she owned at Riverview Gun Sales. But those sources said the interest of federal agents in the store grew out of events at the store that are not related to Nancy Lanza's purchase.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

I don't know whether you know anybody who owns gun stores, but the ATF showing up isn't exactly unusual.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

MV10 wrote:I don't know whether you know anybody who owns gun stores, but the ATF showing up isn't exactly unusual.
Umm, subtext. Figure it out.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

This is the exact same procedure that the DOT does to a dealership when someone is killed by a car.

Not.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

silencertalk wrote:This is the exact same procedure that the DOT does to a dealership when someone is killed by a car.

Not.
lol... Priceless
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

silencertalk wrote:This is the exact same procedure that the DOT does to a dealership when someone is killed by a car.

Not.
If some nutcase stole a bunch of cars from a dealership, you wouldn't be real surprised to find that the place crawling with LEOs -- regardless of whether a car bought there was also used in a hit-and-run recently. And it wouldn't be referred to as a "raid" and only explained near the end of the article.

Not even the tin-foil-hat crowd should get too worked up over the occasional coincidence.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

http://gimby.org/blogs/gimby-news-focus ... tell-obama

Expect to see more "occasional coincidences".
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

MV10 wrote:...Not even the tin-foil-hat crowd should get too worked up over the occasional coincidence.
My SSNcN doesn't believe in coincidences. On the other hand, his tin foil hat is dishwasher safe.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick