David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

700PSS
Elite Member

David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV

Post by 700PSS »

http://thepatriotperspective.wordpress. ... tional-tv/
From DC’s gun laws:

DC High Capacity Ammunition Magazines – D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term large capacity ammunition feeding device shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition..”
Gregory Mocks LaPierre for Proposing Armed Guards, but Sends Kids to High-Security School
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/gre ... 91057.html
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Re: David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law On National TV

Post by RWBlue »

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

:roll: Yeah. I remember it well. I was falsely arrested by the LCSO, then the detective sent in a petition to the White House to get me charged.

How about instead you just use the actual existing mechanism instead of some flamboyant display of impotence and ignorance of the "justice" system? Want him nailed? Fine. Swear out a warrant with a magistrate. There is more than enough evidence there to get him charged and arrested.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

"From: "DC Police \(imailagent\)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Email from DC Police (Intranet Quorum IMA00519327)
Date: December 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM EST
To: <>

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment. NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan Police Department

:mrgreen:
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

poikilotrm wrote:
:roll: Yeah. I remember it well. I was falsely arrested by the LCSO, then the detective sent in a petition to the White House to get me charged.

How about instead you just use the actual existing mechanism instead of some flamboyant display of impotence and ignorance of the "justice" system? Want him nailed? Fine. Swear out a warrant with a magistrate. There is more than enough evidence there to get him charged and arrested.
If you want to go the route of calling the cops and complaining, then do it.

Some other people have already made the phone calls to the police. They are not doing anything. If we are lucky, it gets in the news that they have been notified and are doing nothing.

I am just using the mechanisms they have setup against them.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I would not urge that anyone be prosecuted for that.

My anti-gun friend though - said he needs to be prosecuted.

By the way, the majority of Senators are NRA A- rated or better.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

silencertalk wrote:I would not urge that anyone be prosecuted for that.

A for "Ahm gonna stab you in the back."
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

RWBlue wrote:They are not doing anything.
Shocking. :roll:
I am just using the mechanisms they have setup against them.
What mechanisms that who have set up?
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

"Customer Service" - Metropolitan Police Department
"Customer Service" ??? :?
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

Enforce the laws on the books or remove them.

I would prefer that DC be gun friendly, but they are not so they need to enforce the laws on the books.

All men are created equal, right?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

RWBlue wrote:

Enforce the laws on the books or remove them.

I would prefer that DC be gun friendly, but they are not so they need to enforce the laws on the books.

All men are created equal, right?
We all know that 30 round mag bans were/are never enforced - they are "add on" charges. Has anyone ever been prosecuted under the 1994 ban? It is a good thing that the police don't want to enforce this - I am not going to talk them into it.

If you think they are only not enforcing it because he is a liberal - I disagree. I could go on TV with the same magazine and they would not arrest me either.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

All they have as evidence is a video segment?

Not prosecutable! If the MPD can't locate and seize the actual magazine - NBC will claim is was not a real magazine, but a 'prop' That is a solid piece of rubber or plastic that looks like a magazine ... or that it was a 30 round looking magazine that has been modified to accept no more than 10 rounds (like in NJ when they modify 20 rounders to only take 15 rounds)

Bottom line, is that even if on the program they claim that it was an actual magazine, and they were intentionally breaking the law .... they would simply now claim that they were lying about it being a real magazine for emphasis or taking a little "journalistic license" but would never knowingly violate the law.

No case here - unless they seized the magazine from his hand during the taping and logged is as evidence!
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
RWBlue
Silent But Deadly

Post by RWBlue »

silencertalk wrote: If you think they are only not enforcing it because he is a liberal - I disagree. I could go on TV with the same magazine and they would not arrest me either.
Please, Come to the national mall and shout at the top of your lungs that you have a 30 round magazine for an AR-15 and see if you don't get arrested.

I will film it. I am sure I can get your arrest on TV.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

If you want to try it, use an Airsoft mag:

However, I would never do it on the street while yelling, even with an Airsoft mag.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

WhisperFan wrote:All they have as evidence is a video segment?

Not prosecutable! If the MPD can't locate and seize the actual magazine - NBC will claim is was not a real magazine, but a 'prop' That is a solid piece of rubber or plastic that looks like a magazine ... or that it was a 30 round looking magazine that has been modified to accept no more than 10 rounds (like in NJ when they modify 20 rounders to only take 15 rounds)

Bottom line, is that even if on the program they claim that it was an actual magazine, and they were intentionally breaking the law .... they would simply now claim that they were lying about it being a real magazine for emphasis or taking a little "journalistic license" but would never knowingly violate the law.

No case here - unless they seized the magazine from his hand during the taping and logged is as evidence!
I'm betting you know as well as I do, that since the magazine was presented as such, PC exists for an arrest of the violator. Video evidence corroborates it. If the adjudication process bears out that it was a prop, then it is what it is. But an arrest is appropriate. And that includes anyone involved with the presentation. If they were in observational awareness and didn't report it, they're liable to an arrestable charge of complicity. Producer, cameramen, janitor. Doesn't matter. If they saw it, thought they knew what it was, and didn't report it, they are complicit. Maybe even at the level of obstruction of justice.

Don't shovel out that drivel that the evidence doesn't support an arrest. In Ohio at least, the evidence relative possession warrants an arrest. (since the subject magazine isn't contraband in Ohio, I'm speaking to the evidence of illegal item possession in general)

Just saying.
Last edited by continuity on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

silencertalk wrote:If you want to try it, use an Airsoft mag:...
And you, especially as an intellectual, know it too.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

I'm a liberal user of the application of discretionary authority. I've received sanctions for warning vs. ticket ratio.

But this I'll tell you. If a dispatch warrants an arrest, and in this case it appears to me that a flagrant (My God... it was aired on national TV. THAT is the DEFINITION of flagrant) violation of local jurisdictional law occurred, everybody that stated understanding, and associated, would gain a personal understanding of the arrest and book in process relative the local jail. Sure... most, hopefully all, would be the beneficiary of the bonding process, but that's not my main concern. IMHO, PC relative a breach of legal item possession occurred.

You want me to arrest Joe Local for a behavior? I'm gonna oblige you with applying that direction relative anyone within my jurisdiction that engages in the behavior.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

continuity wrote:
WhisperFan wrote:All they have as evidence is a video segment?

I'm betting you know as well as I do, that since the magazine was presented as such, PC exists for an arrest of the violator. Video evidence corroborates it. If the adjudication process bears out that it was a prop, then it is what it is. But an arrest is appropriate. And that includes anyone involved with the presentation. If they were in observational awareness and didn't report it, they're liable to an arrestable charge of complicity. Producer, cameramen, janitor. Doesn't matter. If they saw it, thought they knew what it was, and didn't report it, they are complicit. Maybe even at the level of obstruction of justice.

Don't shovel out that drivel that the evidence doesn't support an arrest. In Ohio at least, the evidence relative possession warrants an arrest. (since the subject magazine isn't contraband in Ohio, I'm speaking to the evidence of illegal item possession in general)

Just saying.
I said not prosecutable ... not that it was not arrestable. So I'm not shoveling drivel. And perhaps I even mis-spoke .... it is prosecutable ... just not winnable for the prosecution!

Even in Ohio, if I go on television and claim to be a serial killer, and even provide details .... I'll bet that I will be arrested .... and when an investigation turns up that I made up the story, and that all the people I described in detail how I had killed were, in fact, still alive - I dont think the prosecution would take the case to court, regardless of how guilty I looked on the TV segment.

In this case, the video segment could be used as supporting evidence if they had something else, the actual mag, a confession ..... something. But in, and of, itself. It could never be used as 'proof' ..... especially if there is a denial. Once an arrest occurs, and there is a denial .... then (as I'm sure you know) the burden of "proof" lies with the prosecutor. When NBC brings a prop that looks just like a 30 round magazine to court and says .... "We here at NBC are aghast that anyone would think we would knowingly break a law, especially one we firmly agree with. We had our legal department look into the issue before the segment, found that we could not use and did not want to use, an actual high capacity ammunition feeding device - we went to the prop department of one of many of our television shows and borrowed this fake magazine. As you can clearly see. The 'follower' is permanently attached to the interior of the magazine body. Not only can it not feed thirty rounds .... it can't even feed one!"

Then the prosecutor says, "But in the video segment mr Gregory claims that he is knowingly breaking the law and that it was an actual magazine" (which I don't think he ever did - but even if he did)

NBC - "Well, yes, we do apologize for that. It was meant to get a strong reaction from the audience ... and it did! But he wasn't under oath on the television segment, he is now! And after all, we all saw the White-house destroyed in the movie Independence Day, and again in Live Free, Die Hard ..... but we also know that it is still here, we thought we all knew that you can't automatically believe what you see on television." [as he rolls his eyes]
continuity wrote:I'm a liberal user of the application of discretionary authority. I've received sanctions for warning vs. ticket ratio.
Any sanctions for your 'arrest vs successful prosecution' ratio?

Just saying :wink:
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
seattlite
Silent But Deadly

Post by seattlite »

continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

WhisperFan wrote:... And perhaps I even mis-spoke .... it is prosecutable ... just not winnable for the prosecution!
I'll buy that. My apologies for reading stuff into what you posted. I need to relax a bit.
WhisperFan wrote:Any sanctions for your 'arrest vs successful prosecution' ratio?
Just saying :wink:
Actually no. Over the past 5 years, including plea deals, IIRC, it's in the +95% range.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

continuity wrote:I'll buy that. My apologies for reading stuff into what you posted. I need to relax a bit.
It's all good! :!:
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

REPORT: Police Refused Permission for NBC'S GREGORY to DISPLAY HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINE

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... y-hicapmag
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... e-Stunt-OK

Claim: ATF Said Police Okayed 'Meet the Press' Gun Stunt
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

:shock:
Last edited by continuity on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Hush wrote:Claim: ATF Said Police Okayed 'Meet the Press' Gun Stunt
I wasn't aware that the ATF could verbally permit anyone to commit a felony. I would like to see where that is legal or even in their SOP manual.