Illinois lawmakers pondering gun ban in defiance of voters'

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Illinois lawmakers pondering gun ban in defiance of voters'

Post by Hush »

Illinois lawmakers pondering gun ban in defiance of voters' will

http://www.examiner.com/article/illinoi ... oters-will
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Illinois lawmakers pondering gun ban in defiance of vote

Post by poikilotrm »

Everybody is in a tizzy over Illinois' plans to ban pretty much all modern weapons. The law will stay on the books for about 5 minutes if passed. Why? DC v. Heller states that a government entity may not simply ban a class of weapons. This matter is res judicata. If they pass it, it will actually benefit us by being handily shot down. Think about it.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Illinois lawmakers pondering gun ban in defiance of vote

Post by snapshot »

This is obviously a testing phase. Happens all of the time in Illinois. The "administration" is learning how to effectively disarm the majority by getting their feet wet in their own backyard before they jump in the deep end on the national stage. I also believe they are calculating a domino effect in like minded states as well. You know, trying to numb us all up for what's coming. It's like a twisted form of political marketing segmentation. The residents of Illinois are the lab rats in this experiment. There will be more, and it's going to get ugly fast.

Edit: When the residents of individual states defend themselves against the aggression imposed on them, a state of national emergency will be declared...thus opening the door to a scenario most of us only joke about.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP