Swiss Firm Introduces Divisible Gold Card: SHTF

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Swiss Firm Introduces Divisible Gold Card: SHTF

Post by snapshot »

http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals ... d_01042013

Pretty smart. Still need about 2 to buy a P210. :D
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Swiss Firm Introduces Divisible Gold Card: SHTF

Post by L1A1Rocker »

That's interesting. Still, gold is too expensive to be used in most transactions. Now if they do this with silver they're really on to something.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

L1A1Rocker wrote:That's interesting. Still, gold is too expensive to be used in most transactions. Now if they do this with silver they're really on to something.
It's the Swiss, we're talking about over achievers anonymous here. But I think you might be onto something with silver cards. Probably all they'd extend us with our credit rating anyway.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I kinda like it.

It's at the same time both unsettling and invigorating to think paper printed by the FED may be worthless without gold some day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

doubloon wrote:I kinda like it.

It's at the same time both unsettling and invigorating to think paper printed by the FED may be worthless without gold some day.
I'm sure that Ron Paul would agree.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

I like the idea. When money is worthless use silver for small items, food,etc. and gold card for Dr. and dentist bills, guns & ammo, etc.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

Hush wrote:I like the idea. When money is worthless use silver for small items, food,etc. and gold card for Dr. and dentist bills, guns & ammo, etc.
I've experimented using gold coins complemented with paper currency in moderate transactions at ma & pop shops. I couldn't believe how many people on the east coast frown at it with ignorance, with remarks like, "that's not worth anything to me". It wasn't until I hit Omaha that the response more commonly became, "wish more of my customers would do this".
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

L1A1Rocker wrote:That's interesting. Still, gold is too expensive to be used in most transactions. Now if they do this with silver they're really on to something.
Here you go: http://www.combibar.com/products/100g-combibar-silver/

I checked out the company website. They sell multiple size cards in both gold & silver.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

snapshot wrote:

I checked out the company website. They sell multiple size cards in both gold & silver.
Now I can really see this catching on amongst vendors at gun shows. There's already a bit of it going on, but this could really kick it off.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Here's how I see PMs being used if things go bad and we're in a barter system.
Hungry Bob shows up wanting to barter n ounce of silver for some chickens. He holds up an 1 ounce coin and asks how many they will buy.
I tell hungry Bob that it will get him 2 chickens.
Hungry Bob goes on to explain that the coin is worth $40.00 because that is what he paid for it.
I reply that it might be what he paid for it, but to me, it's worth 2 chickens.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
snapshot wrote:

Now I can really see this catching on amongst vendors at gun shows. There's already a bit of it going on, but this could really kick it off.
Absolutely. Only problem, and a big one, is that they haven't been cleared to import to the states yet. I'm trying to order one of each right now. I'll update this thread if I make any head room, but it doesn't look good. Might have to wait several months.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

snapshot wrote:I've experimented using gold coins complemented with paper currency in moderate transactions at ma & pop shops. I couldn't believe how many people on the east coast frown at it with ignorance, with remarks like, "that's not worth anything to me". It wasn't until I hit Omaha that the response more commonly became, "wish more of my customers would do this".
Are people in Omaha familiar with the concept of counterfeiting?
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

It's voluntary barter, and not minted federal currency, or in any way a representation of. I had my lawyer work on it before I even thought about it. You can research the NORFED case for an example of creating an alternative & illegal form of "legal tender". We're not talking "liberty dollars" here.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

snapshot wrote:

Now I can really see this catching on amongst vendors at gun shows. There's already a bit of it going on, but this could really kick it off.[/quote]

Absolutely. Only problem, and a big one, is that they haven't been cleared to import to the states yet. I'm trying to order one of each right now. I'll update this thread if I make any head room, but it doesn't look good. Might have to wait several months.[/quote]

I hadn't realized that. I did go over to APMEX after my last post to look for some but didn't see any, now I know why. The only other issue I see is that it's weighted in grams, not ounces.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Then there is gold leaf used for repairing antique furniture, it comes in very thin sheets of gold.
One has to be careful buying it as there is a imitation or "counterfeit" gold leaf sold in better hardware stores.

Lol I enjoyed bakerjw post about two chickens for an ounce of silver, "I reply that it might be what he paid for it, but to me, it's worth 2 chickens." :lol:
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

Hush wrote:Then there is gold leaf used for repairing antique furniture, it comes in very thin sheets of gold.
One has to be careful buying it as there is a imitation or "counterfeit" gold leaf sold in better hardware stores.

Lol I enjoyed bakerjw post about two chickens for an ounce of silver, "I reply that it might be what he paid for it, but to me, it's worth 2 chickens." :lol:
Lots of common sense there. Way to bring it into perspective.
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

snapshot wrote:It's voluntary barter, and not minted federal currency, or in any way a representation of. I had my lawyer work on it before I even thought about it. You can research the NORFED case for an example of creating an alternative & illegal form of "legal tender". We're not talking "liberty dollars" here.
My point was the trust issue... e.g. "Who is this guy and why should I believe this isn't a plated chunk of lead?"
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio