Do You Have a Chest Rig?

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Do You Have a Chest Rig?

Post by Hush »

Do You Have a Chest Rig?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... chest-rig/

It looks like it would come in handy.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Do You Have a Chest Rig?

Post by snapshot »

That's a total civi perspective. Light sticks? Really? The sticks these guys see on the web are usually IR and not visible to the naked eye. If you need a chest rig for self-defense, you need more range time. On the other hand, offensive action requires a chest rig, but def not light sticks unless you're operating on at least a squad level running NVG's.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
jeephipwr
Silent But Deadly

Post by jeephipwr »

I use the shoulder bags like Maxpedition sells. I can load up with 6 rifle mags, pistol mags, couple of knives, tactical flashlights, otis cleaning kit, and more. I have one set up for each of my SBRs and one for my full size AR.

These are not intended for offiensive ops but strictly defense oriented. SHTF then I can grab a bag with my backpack and get gone to a safer local.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

jeephipwr wrote:I use the shoulder bags like Maxpedition sells. I can load up with 6 rifle mags, pistol mags, couple of knives, tactical flashlights, otis cleaning kit, and more. I have one set up for each of my SBRs and one for my full size AR.

These are not intended for offiensive ops but strictly defense oriented. SHTF then I can grab a bag with my backpack and get gone to a safer local.
God help the bastard who invades your space, they surely have it coming. I keep a US Palm Attack Rack handy with (4) 30rd mags. I use the (4) "pistol" mag slots for a Gerber, Surefire, spare keys to everything, and (3) Ruger MK3 mags. I use the doc slot for color copies of all my credentials. This is only to get me to our designated RV. My Benelli M1014 w/staggered shells is my primary defense go to. No chest rig. I like to keep it to a minimum because when s--t gets hairy in a home invasion scenario, I think the less to grab the better. To each is own though. I don't want to look like Rambo when the responding officer shows up for the AAR.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

snapshot wrote:...If you need a chest rig for self-defense, you need more range time...
Meh, in a SHTF scenario, I've got no prob with anyone having a vest set up for... whatever.

It's a given that newby's will outfit themselves with an abortion that will probably need training wheels to make it down the block. It's the everything including the kitchen sink syndrome. At least it's better to go through the thought process than not. Put one together. Run around in the woods, field, or at least in your own living area get the feel for what you really need. Adjust. Feel comfortable wearing it.

My SSNcN says everyone needs to put together a vest/carrier.

In order:
Ammo
Water

Everything else.
Fire making
Knife
Shelter
1st aid
Navigation
Last edited by continuity on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

jeephipwr wrote:I use the shoulder bags like Maxpedition sells...
It's a murse... admit it. :lol:
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick