John Novekse involved in fatal car crash... :(

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

John Novekse involved in fatal car crash... :(

Post by chrismartin »

John Noveske was in a car crash and died according to Oregon State Police...

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1002

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... crash.html

Fatal Traffic Crash - Highway 260 west of Grants Pass - 01/05/13
Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into Friday night's single vehicle fatal traffic crash along Highway 260 (Lower River Road) west of Grants Pass that resulted in the death of a Grants Pass man.

According to Sergeant Tyler Lee, on January 4, 2013 at approximately 9:13 p.m., a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser driven by JOHN NOVESKE, age 36, from Grants Pass, was westbound on Highway 260 near El Camino Way. As the vehicle negotiated a right curve, it traveled across the oncoming lane onto the dirt highway shoulder until it struck two large boulders. The vehicle rolled and NOVESKE was ejected.

NOVESKE, who is the owner of a local rifle manufacturing company, was not using safety restraints and was pronounced deceased at the scene.

OSP troopers from the Grants Pass and Central Point offices are continuing the investigation. Trooper Ryan Neuenschwander is the lead investigator.

OSP was assisted at the scene by Rural Metro Fire Department, ODOT and AMR ambulance. No photographs for release.
My thoughts and prayers are sent out to his family and friends and the awesome folks at Noveske.

Very sad and I'm just stunned... :(
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Re: John Novekse involved in fatal car crash... :(

Post by snapshot »

Thoughts & Prayers for sure. Sad day.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscou ... n-noveske/

I wasn't planning on purchasing anything from Noveske in the near future, but I'm going to reconsider this now. Great company, I'm just not a big AR guy. Noveske, LLC. will be announcing a "cause" to donate to in the coming days ahead. His reputation to constantly strive for perfection and innovation will surely be missed within the industry.
Last edited by snapshot on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

He will definitely be missed in the community for sure and was a great guy.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I never heard bad word said about him.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.