What Will You Do When They Knock on Your Door?

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... your-door/

They'll knock all right, with a battering ram, in the middle of the night.
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Re: What Will You Do When They Knock on Your Door?

Post by snapshot »

The best you can hope for if you comply is a $100 Walmart gift card and a box of government cheese. Oh, and start getting used to the cheese. I will NOT comply.

user comment from above article:

"The key is in non-compliance by Law Enforcement and the Military. The STATE can pass all the laws it wants to – if it can’t enforce them, there is no law. The Revolution will start there. And it doesn’t have to be and us VS them scenario – it can be us AND them."

Edit: I just had a great discussion with one of our local Sheriff's Deputies over breakfast at the local diner. We know each rather well, but not on a personnel level. He relayed to me that their station credo will not allow them to pursue "illegal confiscation". And that without civilian ownership, they would have to beef up their numbers because there will be higher crime. The money for this does not exist and they would be supplemented by federal "assistance" if this became necessary. He would not go into the recommended scenarios that have been brought to their attention by god only knows, but left me with the impression that a toll free line, not unlike "if you see something, say something" will be used to pit neighbor against neighbor in the assumption that local enforcement will stand down. It's call center will be managed by federal personnel. This is hardly a breach of trust, because where I live, this is open talk and our community is becoming stronger because of it. There is also a noticeable spike in respect for our local law enforcement in the past few weeks.
Last edited by snapshot on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
snapshot
Senior Silent Operator

Post by snapshot »

Bump.

I'd like to hear a general consensus on this, but understand if responses are withheld.
"And remember, the most dangerous thing in the world is still ignorance." - RYP
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I sent a letter to our county Sheriff last week explaining why I feel that the 2nd amendment is such a strong deterrent to oppression. In closing I asked him outright if the citizens of our county have to fear late night raids should they pass an onerous gun ban of any kind. I don't expect a response from him; however, it will hopefully get him thinking about how his department would respond.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Speed-Racer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Speed-Racer »

My wife is extremely upset about the thought of this :cry: ........ Sadly, I know exactly what I'll do.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

...Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

...One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

snapshot wrote:Bump.

I'd like to hear a general consensus on this, but understand if responses are withheld.
I am a firm believer in the axiom "Deeds, not words." That being said, I will withhold my opinion formed from my direct experience and the experiences of a number of others in my tiny county until we have heard from others who may wish to post in this thread.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.