DE Sheriffs stripped of arrest powers.

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

DE Sheriffs stripped of arrest powers.

Post by poikilotrm »

The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: DE Sheriffs stripped of arrest powers.

Post by doubloon »

Something is wrong here.

That's just fecking nuts. Not to fan the flames of the pokemon here but in general the office of the Sheriff is one of the least corrupt law enforcement institutions I know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

doubloon wrote:Something is wrong here.

That's just fecking nuts. Not to fan the flames of the pokemon here but in general the office of the Sheriff is one of the least corrupt law enforcement institutions I know.
First off, blow me. Secondly, how in the hell does the AG have the power to arbitrarily strip CLEOs and other sworn LE of their arrest powers? Thirdly, yeah, it's nuts, that's why I posted it.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Looks like Biden's son is as stupid as his old man. Hell, he may even think he is bullet proof. Maybe we will see how he does when he has no place to hide.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Ohio's Constitution designates the Office of Sheriff as "The highest legal authority" in each county. In Ohio, the AG does not posses the authority to, ostensibly, do what the loon AG in Delaware has proclaimed.

If such a directive by the Ohio AG be ordered here, not only would he be arrested immediately by the Franklin County SO, in which his office resides, but betting arrest warrants relative "interference with official business" would be issued by the majority of Ohio's 88 county courts.

As a matter of fact, and since we are an adjoining county with a mutual response Sheriff's Office agreement, I'm thinking our dispatch would direct units to assist/effect that arrest.

Unbelievable. Would think the DE Sheriff would do same. This is eyes bugging out stuff.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick