What You Gonna Do When They Come for You?

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/0 ... e-for-you/

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you bad boy.

Give'em both barrels :!: (Biden told me to :!: ) cause I'mma bad boy.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: What You Gonna Do When They Come for You?

Post by poikilotrm »

Sad that all that police hate and discussion of murdering those hard working heroes is treated in such a light hearted manner.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Well, if you REALLY believe in something, you will both live AND die for it. Are your opponents willing to do the same?
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Seems appropriate to interject a check your target comment. My SSncN suggests, peace keepers are peace keepers. Thugs are thugs.

May wear similar uniforms but there is a huge difference.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

continuity wrote: May wear similar uniforms but there is a huge difference.
OK. How can the average person tell the difference at a glance?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Murder is not an average response, nor ever an appropriate one. The issue of applying lethal force is something else entirely.

On a professional and personal level, I make sure of my force projection appropriateness... and identification of the target that is forcing that application.

It is always be harder to be one of the good guys. Always has been, always will be.

Absolutely essential to be certain of immediate need relative application of lethal force. The "I'm pissed at the system or specific elements of that system that have run amok" is not a reason to project indiscriminate destruction.

Just saying.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

continuity wrote: Absolutely essential to be certain of immediate need relative application of lethal force. The "I'm pissed at the system or specific elements of that system that have run amok" is not a reason to project indiscriminate destruction.

Just saying.
There are two ways to dissect the absurdity of your statement. Can you do it? Do you see the fallacy?
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

continuity wrote:It is always be harder to be one of the good guys. Always has been, always will be.
QFT.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

:lol:

wow
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

poikilotrm wrote:
continuity wrote: Absolutely essential to be certain of immediate need relative application of lethal force. The "I'm pissed at the system or specific elements of that system that have run amok" is not a reason to project indiscriminate destruction.

Just saying.
There are two ways to dissect the absurdity of your statement. Can you do it? Do you see the fallacy?
Help me understand. Specificity of targeted response is what I'm trained in. Anyone that abdicates "it looks like it so kill it... and by the way sneak up it to do so" is the lowest of any response.

Absurd? IMHO, you're absurd. Make your plans, soak in your venom. You're odds on to make the national news. You're less than noteworthy.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I do love the ad hominem attacks, Con. They are always the strongest vindication I have when confronting members of the polyester mafia. It's how you tell me you are out of ideas for new lies and obfuscations.
continuity wrote:You're odds on to make the national news.
Been there, done that.
You're less than noteworthy.
Wait, I thought you just said I was going to make national news? Are you off your meds?

I have distinguished myself over and over throughout my life. You have done nothing more that rise to being a roving file clerk harassing peaceable people as they try to live their lives. Quit your transferance. You are the bland little humdrum civil servant, bereft of imagination, spirit, or ability, not me.

And don't you forget it.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

poikilotrm wrote:... a roving file clerk... the bland little humdrum civil servant...

Finally we find some common ground. Must agree with you relative these descriptors, for I do fill those roles... in addition to some other mundane things that keep the fabric of our civilization from unraveling. On the up side, I'm very good at it. :lol:
poikilotrm wrote:And don't you forget it.
I won't. Every once in a while someone finds it important to remind me... The only thing you forgot to throw in is that you pay my salary. :mrgreen:

Have a great day.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Amazing how civilization remained so functional for so many millennia without cops. It's almost as if you aren't really necessary, more of a dangerous societal indulgence.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Sigproshooter wrote::lol:

wow
:lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

Christ I've missed this place, lol.
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

poikilotrm wrote:Amazing how civilization remained so functional for so many millennia without cops. It's almost as if you aren't really necessary, more of a dangerous societal indulgence.
Thank you for your thoughts Poiki. Very much appreciate your sentiments. Especially since you understand all there is to know about what I do on a normal shift.

You have a great day too.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Yes, society without any means of enforcing laws to protect the most defenseless has always been so wonderful. All full of rainbows and unicorns farting perfume. Give me a break. Before societies came up with laws to protect those that could not defend themselves, control was wielded by kings and whichever person had the largest group of thugs to maintain the control. What wonderful wonderful times those were.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

bakerjw wrote:.... control was wielded by kings and whichever person had the largest group of thugs ...
He was probably referring to the time in the garden of Eden. Every school age fool knows there are enforcers in even the smallest groups of people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

bakerjw wrote:Yes, society without any means of enforcing laws to protect the most defenseless has always been so wonderful. All full of rainbows and unicorns farting perfume. Give me a break. Before societies came up with laws to protect those that could not defend themselves, control was wielded by kings and whichever person had the largest group of thugs to maintain the control. What wonderful wonderful times those were.
As opposed to now, when everything isn't that way? You may want to look around you in an objective fashion.

Also, laws don't protect anyone. They are just words on paper. Just ask Eric Holder and his people.
Last edited by poikilotrm on Fri May 17, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

continuity wrote:
an idiot says:
... a roving file clerk... the bland little humdrum civil servant...

Finally we find some common ground. Must agree with you relative these descriptors, for I do fill those roles... in addition to some other mundane things that keep the fabric of our civilization from unraveling. On the up side, I'm very good at it. :lol:
Continuity, you are such a POS!

Peace Officer Servant! I meant Peace Officer Servant!
-----
Ick