Kelly and Giffords lobby in Alaska for gun control

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://news.yahoo.com/kelly-giffords-lo ... 57614.html

They are really getting around, I wonder who's paying for there air fare?
misfit762
Silent But Deadly

Re: Kelly and Giffords lobby in Alaska for gun control

Post by misfit762 »

I have serious doubts that their message will find a majority in Alaska. I'm sure there are a few Anti-Gun freaks in the Last Frontier, but they are the minority.
LIVE FREE OR DIE!
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Kelly and Giffords lobby in Alaska for gun control

Post by johndoe3 »

I wonder who's paying for there air fare?
Their 501C4 organization is picking up the tab--the wonder of the tax code. :D

The kids are living the high life on the dime of those who contribute to their group, Americans for Responsible Solutions. I understand they've scooped up more than $10 million in contributions, which pays for a whole lot of 501C4 vacations.

First class air travel, nice hotels, meals, etc. all paid for tax free by their 501C4. This is the hot time of the year down there in AZ, so they left on a 7 State tour (vacation) in cooler climes.

Think of it this way, you can spend 4-5 days in AK and just schedule a public event or radio/tv interview on the first and last days. In between you can go shooting, fishing and other fun stuff, all paid for by Americans for Responsible Solutions. And the neat trick is that you don't have to accomplish anything to make it all happen. Plus you can ding any local gun control nuts to kick in additional contributions.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)