Colorado family threatened with lawsuit over wheelchair ramp

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

People like this make me sick, don't like the ramp...offer them four times the value of their property and do what you like, otherwise shut up.

A family in Colorado has been asked to remove front-door wheelchair ramp by neighbors who say it diminishes property values. A lawsuit has been threatened.
Comments (21)
By Deborah Hastings / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, August 19, 2013, 12:38 PM

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2cSLvVzEd
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Re: Colorado family threatened with lawsuit over wheelchair

Post by ROFuher »

I was expecting some kind of ramshackle pallet and plywood affair from the headline, but there isn't a damn thing wrong with that ramp. Style compliments the house, and there is already the start of a planter around it. Hopefully other neighbors speak out and let the whiner know this family is important to their community.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Why is this even a story? They "want" it gone? Legally, can they do anything about it? If not, then this isn't a story. Though I would be kind of curious to see a home-owners' association take this to court. That'd be a humdinger of a show! Could be ballsy, too, if a jury is involved.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I'd respond that it improves property values as it shows that the neighborhood is ADA sensitive.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

bakerjw wrote:I'd respond that it improves property values as it shows that the neighborhood is ADA sensitive.
If the neighbors that are complaining have no legal standing in the matter, then I don't know that I'd respond at all. What would be the point? Are you trying to convince them of something? Clearly they have no sense of decency in any way... rational thought isn't going to work when you're dealing with self-centered, ignorant pricks.
driver6814
Silent But Deadly

Post by driver6814 »

I think she needs to roll up to her neighbors place of business, or homeowners association, and sue them for not being wheelchair accessible. Who do you think would win