Libertarian Hurting Cuccinelli in Va. Gov. Race

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013 03:46 PM

By John Gizzi

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/poll- ... z2j9Q31JlV
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Libertarian Hurting Cuccinelli in Va. Gov. Race

Post by johndoe3 »

I'd hate to see the uber-liberal rabid anti-gun candidate win in VA as Guv with 40% or less of the vote, just because the Libertarian and other parties siphoned off some of the Repub's support.

That's how we ended up with the current bad situation in the Colorado legislature. In CO, the Independents by registration are a larger block than either the R's or D's. Therefore, a number of far left liberals for State senate and house squeaked into office in 2012 with a weak plurality of the vote, when in a 2-party straight up race they never would have won. The result was that as soon as the Dems had a majority in both State houses, they went after the guns by straight party line votes.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

Vote LP if you want to fix what's broken. Vote Republican if you only want to delay totalitarianism by a few electoral cycles. Obviously, there are exceptions. But if a few good Republicans have to loose in order for people to realize that the LP is a viable option, so be it. A means to an end, in my opinion.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

acg1911 wrote:Vote LP if you want to fix what's broken. Vote Republican if you only want to delay totalitarianism by a few electoral cycles. Obviously, there are exceptions. But if a few good Republicans have to loose in order for people to realize that the LP is a viable option, so be it. A means to an end, in my opinion.
The problem is that the LP candidate isn't going to win, and totalitarianism is even closer than a few election cycles.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

The problem is the republican utterly failed to earn the fiscal conservative vote. It's doesn't take THAT much effort for a Republican to earn libertarian votes.