O'Mara: What Do You Do With a 13-Year-Old With an Assault Ri

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

oilfieldtrash76
Senior Silent Operator

Re: O'Mara: What Do You Do With a 13-Year-Old With an Assaul

Post by oilfieldtrash76 »

Or Perhaps the boy wants to be a soldier when he grows up and was simply playing. Acting like he was a hero he looks up to. And the officer was poorly trained. Many factors could have been in play. Im sure there is blame on both sides for this tragic shooting. Im not going to go into the state of mind of either one or dive into a situation I know nothing about. But liberals seem to always blame games, movies and "gun culture" every time someone gets shot, then twist it so they can pass some law restricting law abiding citizens.
"Peace, That wonderful moment when everyone is standing around reloading!" Unknown

FFL (07)
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

...the Deputy involved in this incident (Gelhaus) in Sonoma County California is a firearms instructor...
Mas Ayoob: I don't recall meeting Erick Gelhaus personally, but while I haven't read everything he's written, I've read a good bit of it. He seems to know his stuff, and he's an articulate man.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1507991
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

oilfieldtrash76 wrote:Or Perhaps the boy wants to be a soldier when he grows up and was simply playing. Acting like he was a hero he looks up to. And the officer was poorly trained. Many factors could have been in play. Im sure there is blame on both sides for this tragic shooting. Im not going to go into the state of mind of either one or dive into a situation I know nothing about. But liberals seem to always blame games, movies and "gun culture" every time someone gets shot, then twist it so they can pass some law restricting law abiding citizens.
Do you automatically make up excuses for every scumbag, or only those with government ID?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

An entity with an apparent firearm becomes an interest. If that person "points" that "firearm" at you... they have become a threat. As in the mortal threat threat category.

What's the hard part? An apparent firearm is pointed at you... what is your response?
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

If it's already pointed at you, by that time, it may be too late for you.
oilfieldtrash76
Senior Silent Operator

Post by oilfieldtrash76 »

poikilotrm wrote:
oilfieldtrash76 wrote:Or Perhaps the boy wants to be a soldier when he grows up and was simply playing. Acting like he was a hero he looks up to. And the officer was poorly trained. Many factors could have been in play. Im sure there is blame on both sides for this tragic shooting. Im not going to go into the state of mind of either one or dive into a situation I know nothing about. But liberals seem to always blame games, movies and "gun culture" every time someone gets shot, then twist it so they can pass some law restricting law abiding citizens.
Do you automatically make up excuses for every scumbag, or only those with government ID?

Who's making up excuses? I wasnt there. and neither were you! Honestly I think the cop screwed up big time! And I dont give a damn wether a person has a government ID or not, in fact if they do its usually negative in my eyes. Just looking at reality and facts. I dont want to speculate on a situation I know very little about and now im critisized for it? What is your opinion poikilotrm???
"Peace, That wonderful moment when everyone is standing around reloading!" Unknown

FFL (07)
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Well, Continuity has show an insatiable tolerance for reality-revisionism in continuing to converse with Poikiltrm. I myself have put him on ignore since, while I'm pleased to sharpen my arguing skills, doing so with Poik is counter-productive since he can look right at your words, then disregard their intent and insert his own. It's like a "straw man" argument without a shred of finesse.

Continuity, you are a better man than me.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

TROOPER wrote:Well, Continuity has show an insatiable tolerance for reality-revisionism in continuing to converse with Poikiltrm. I myself have put him on ignore since, while I'm pleased to sharpen my arguing skills, doing so with Poik is counter-productive since he can look right at your words, then disregard their intent and insert his own. It's like a "straw man" argument without a shred of finesse.
Translation: poikilotrm utterly destroys my addle pated "arguments" line by line, so I ran like a little bitch.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Nope...
...arguing...with Poik is counter-productive since he can look right at your words, then disregard their intent and insert his own.
:P
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

TROOPER wrote:Well, Continuity has show an insatiable tolerance for reality-revisionism in continuing to converse with Poikiltrm...
I suppose an element of hopeless romanticsm is at fault... in the personal sense that those advertised by physical presentation as societies "good guys", are resposible for looking behind every door, under ever rock, into each shadowed area, for the most minute possiblity of reasonable understandings.

Gotta admit, my flashlight's batteries are low, and it would seem, precious few additional rocks remain to look under in this case.

Perhaps the time has come to write off a lost cause.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick