Chili’s, Sonic-Drive-In tell gun owners to leave firearms at

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Chili’s, Sonic-Drive-In tell gun owners to leave firearms at

Post by Hush »

Chili’s, Sonic-Drive-In tell gun owners to leave firearms at home

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... firearms-/
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: Chili’s, Sonic-Drive-In tell gun owners to leave firearm

Post by 700PSS »

Whatever. :roll:
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

That'll piss off the Leonard Embodys of the world.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

For Chili's... ok... you serve alcohol and you are almost exclusive a dine-in facility.

But Sonic on the other hand... huh? I'm in my own car. I've never even seen a Sonic where you could "dine-in". The closest I've seen to that is how most people eat in their car on-site, and a teeny-tiny minority of customers exit their vehicle and sit at a picnic table... outside.

It's weird to even think of how to enforce a "no-gun-in-your-car" policy... but even weirder is figuring out both why people care about such a thing, and indeed, how they even KNOW about such a thing occurring.

Serious question: do handgun owners usually - or even often - drive around with the handgun sitting on the dash or the empty front passenger seat?
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I'm not real sure how this is going to work at the Texas Sonics. I'm assuming that Sonic doesn't want you do have a gun in your car. BUT, under Texas law, Sonic cannot prevent their employees from having their legal firearms in their cars. So how exactly do they expect this to work?
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

It doesn't sound like Sonic cares about what you (or employees) do if you're sticking to your own car:
Accordingly, we’re asking that customers refrain from bringing guns onto our patios or into our indoor dining areas. With respect to the storage of guns in vehicles, we ask that our customers continue to honor local laws
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

It's obviously a publicity stunt given that (I estimate) over 95% of their customers never even get out of the car.

Of course, it is also entirely possible that a "Leonard Embody" sat in the center at a picnic table with a "kydex"-wrapped AR and stared every driver down while he sipped his free water and waited for a televised event with the local law enforcement.

Chili's though... I neither know nor care what their deal is. They'll ask me to leave if it's an issue - The end.
oilfieldtrash76
Senior Silent Operator

Post by oilfieldtrash76 »

Don't care about Sonic as I don't leave my vehicle there anyway. If Chilis doesn't want me to carry in their restaurant they can post the proper legal signage and I will find another place to eat. And all Chilis I've been in have the bar in a separate area, as long as im not sitting in the bar area and am not drinking alcohol I can legally carry in TX.
"Peace, That wonderful moment when everyone is standing around reloading!" Unknown

FFL (07)
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Haters... it's for the children. How can you be against the children? I mean, like, really. Uhm, what were we talking about?
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick