botched execution, death row inmate takes nearly 2 hours to

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

botched execution, death row inmate takes nearly 2 hours to

Post by Hush »

Arizona death row inmate takes nearly 2 hours to die during botched execution
Joseph Wood, 55, was 'gasping and snorting for more than an hour' after a secret combination of two drugs was applied Wednesday afternoon after a stay of execution was denied. His attorney filed an emergency stay to stop the cruel and unusual punishment.
BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/a ... -1.1877968
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: botched execution, death row inmate takes nearly 2 hours

Post by poikilotrm »

Until there is a way to halt cops from lying and crime labs from falsifying evidence, there should be no death penalty.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

poikilotrm wrote:Until there is a way to halt cops from lying and crime labs from falsifying evidence, there should be no death penalty.
The percentage of cops that are bad is very low .... that said, the problem is the bad ones look just like the good ones.

I also don't believe that the 'standard' for crime labs is to falsify evidence.

But there are things that I would say -
- Until the death penalty is applied fairly regardless of race or gender - we should do away with it.
- Until we insist that there must be forensic evidence, and DP cases can't be concluded on eyewitness evidence alone (which is notoriously unreliable) - we should do away with the DP
- Until DP cases are prosecuted in a cost effective way, and a DP case (including the execution) costs less than a life sentence, we should do away with them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not morally opposed to the DP .... I think we should apply the DP fairly, make sure we are executing the correct person, and have it costs less than it does.
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Both of your beliefs are very wrong. Need some evidence? I am happy to back up my assertions.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
WhisperFan
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhisperFan »

poikilotrm wrote:Both of your beliefs are very wrong. Need some evidence? I am happy to back up my assertions.
So -the assertions I have that are wrong ..... the percentage of cops who are 'bad cops' is not very low and the 'standard' for crime labs is to falsify evidence ......

Although that might make for an interesting conversation .... I try to avoid arguing with idiots on-line (sorry)
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such a twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air -- however slight -- lest we become unwilling victims of the darkness.
Justice William O. Douglas
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I am not an idiot, so today is your lucky day. Need a ton of examples in support of my contentions? I am happy to provide them. BTW, a real idiot is someone who rejects reality and substitutes his own fantasy beliefs.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

"Botched"???? Dead is dead, I call it a successful execution.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

B.S. The bastard went to sleep and died in his sleep. He had sleep apnea and snored until he finally stopped breathing.