Wallace to Ben Carson: Wouldn’t you be just another inexperi

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Wallace to Ben Carson: Wouldn’t you be just another inexperi

Post by Hush »

Chris Wallace to Ben Carson: Wouldn’t you be just another inexperienced Obama?
89 Comment(s)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... e-just-an/
His exact words, Mediaite reported: “After looking at Barack Obama and what’s happened with his lack of political experience over these last six years, wouldn’t putting Ben Carson in the Oval Office be akin to putting a politician in an operating room and having him perform one of your brain surgeries?”

Mr. Carson said no — the two professions are really quite different.

“I don’t think so. I think what is required for leadership is wisdom and the ability to assembly an appropriate team, an ability to listen and an ability to make wise decisions,” Mr. Carson said, Mediaite reported. “Our system was designed by our Founders with … the will of the people in mind, not the will of the government. If you want the will of the government, yes, you need people who spend their whole lives in politics. … But I don’t think that’s what we need.”
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wallace to Ben Carson: Wouldn’t you be just another inex

Post by johndoe3 »

On the other hand, Chris Wallace is making a valid point.

Obama has made mistakes because he makes decisions through the lens of an ideological outlook, without the benefit of experience in international affairs, military practicalities, and economic realities.

Likewise, Dr. Carson has stumbled already at times in relation to guns and gun laws, having initially been somewhat pro-gun-control because he had no understanding of the Constitution and 2nd amendment, nor an understanding of where his likely political base stands on the issue. There is no doubt that Dr. Carson would also stumble on complex relationships between countries and use of the military. With no experience, his "excellent" advisers might talk him into foolish actions, and he would totally rely on them.

We don't want another like the terrible President Wilson, where his advisor Edward House ran things and Wilson just occupied the seat of president to sign things. John Adams was another terrible president and let his advisers talk him into the unconstitutional Alien and Sedition Acts which were pure tyranny.

Dr. Carson might make a good VP, or run for Governor of a State.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wallace to Ben Carson: Wouldn’t you be just another inex

Post by Syntax360 »

I really like Carson, but I don't believe for a minute he possesses the capacity to passionately convey our message - he's just too soft-spoken and reserved. I also do not believe that the sort of leadership that "gets it done" in the OR directly translates to Leader of the Free World. Wallace is right.