Ferguson redux? Police officer shoots, kills black man

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

700PSS
Elite Member

Ferguson redux? Police officer shoots, kills black man

Post by 700PSS »

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/10/fe ... black-man/
Fox news reports that while working private security the officer approached three men, who ran away. The officer chased one of them, and a physical struggle ensued. Police officials report that the chased man then presented a pistol and fired three rounds at the officer before his handgun failed. There are no reports that any of the shots struck the officer.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ferguson redux? Police officer shoots, kills black man

Post by 66427vette »

No mention of his ankle bracelet or other pending gun charges. Strange how those facts are left out.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Notice that the article refers to the suspect as a "man" until we get to this:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that people claiming to be relatives of the victim identified him as 18-year-old Vonderrit Myers, Jr. The teenager’s mother, Syreeta Myers, told The Associated Press by phone Thursday that her son was holding a sandwich when the officer killed him Wednesday night.
So now since his numerical age is "ump-teen", he's just a "child", holding a (bullet discharging) sandwich? WTF?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

He did have a sandwich and a gun. Bought it few minutes before shooting. They have that on video. Turkey for his last meal. Would have been hard to eat with side of his face missing though.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

According to the official report the cop had zero justification for his pursuit and the boy died due to drapetomania.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

The suspect and the officer then got into a physical altercation, with hands on each other.
He must have been really talented, in order to multi task by holding onto that sandwich gun through all that. Maybe the sandwich was "to die for". He could have thought the cop was hungry and wanted to take it from him. I guess criminals should carry a bag of doughnuts to toss as they run away and throw the cops off their trail.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

"sandwich"