boy, 12, dies after being shot by officer for brandishing re

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

boy, 12, dies after being shot by officer for brandishing re

Post by Hush »

Cleveland boy, 12, dies after being shot by officer for brandishing replica handgun
The child was shot in the torso Saturday afternoon at a playground, and died early Sunday his family said. A witness called police and said the child was waving the weapon and 'scaring the s--- out of everybody.' Police said the child reached for the weapon in his waistband when approached by police but did not point the airsoft handgun at officers.
BY JOEL LANDAU NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Sunday, November 23, 2014

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/c ... -1.2020637

Video
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: boy, 12, dies after being shot by officer for brandishin

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Was the kid being a menace or playing cops and robbers?
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Was the kid being a menace or playing cops and robbers?
With a "real" looking replica firearm? Huh?

Uh....use some common sense. Recent school shootings... You show up on scene and a subject begins to draw a "replica" (that you don't know is a replica... because it looks like the real thing) from his waistband, despite your directions to "stop".

Tough guy... what do you do?
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

continuity wrote:

Uh....use some common sense. Recent school shootings... You show up on scene and a subject begins to draw a "replica" (that you don't know is a replica... because it looks like the real thing) from his waistband, despite your directions to "stop".

You set the kid up so that you can have additional racially motivated riots just in case Furgeson was peaceful.

ETA: Taking off the tinfoil hat ... The officers didn't have a choice. I wasn't there but from what I have read it sounds justifiable. I know I would have shot.
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

continuity wrote:

That's what I'm asking, to use some common sense. Was the kid menacing or playing cops and robbers?
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

mpallett wrote:
continuity wrote:

You set the kid up so that you can have additional racially motivated riots just in case Furgeson was peaceful.

ETA: Taking off the tinfoil hat ... The officers didn't have a choice. I wasn't there but from what I have read it sounds justifiable. I know I would have shot.
At the moment the cops shot I probably would have also. But I'm still at a loss as to why the 911 call was made. Was the kip being a menace or was he playing cops and robbers? Was this a situation like what happened when the 911 call was made about the guy looking at a BB gun in a store where the caller lied about what was going on. Or was this kid acting like he had a real gun and intimidating people with it?
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

In that moment, how many times can you afford to be wrong? If it's real (under the totality of circumstances, the officer believed it was) you’re dead. If you're wrong and you die, you won't get to come back for a do-over.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

L1A1Rocker wrote:...At the moment the cops shot I probably would have also...
And there is your... not in the heat of the moment, answer. An answer sutable for a grand jury evolution... after everyone has the chance to assess the situation... in a safe, secure, calm situation, where time is running in normal.

L1A1Rocker wrote:But I'm still at a loss as to why the 911 call was made...
The "why" is because people that call 911 are....people. It's never a part of the dispatch understandings transmitted to the responders, because... there is no understanding of why people do things sometimes.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Does anyone think that the child was given the firearm by either his parents or a different adult entity specifically to cause this type of confrontation? Remember the handgun left in the toy aisle of a Target store? Did you know that more black babies were aborted in New York city last year than were born?

All of those add up to one thing: the fact that black people - at least in New York City last year - as a majority, place no value on a black child's life. Second, that they'll endanger children's lives in order to further their own personal goals?

Or are we to believe that a 12-year-old was able to legally purchase a pellet gun from a local vendor? Nope. He got it from someone else. That someone else may have told him to play with it at the park in front of the surveillance video just the way he did. Then that someone else may have called the police anonymously and reported a child with a gun just the way he did.

The rest is history unfolding.

Maybe Holder did it. Crazy? Sure. That's nuts. Just like giving thousands of illegal guns to the most violent criminals in an adjacent country, losing every single one, and then using the resulting carnage to clamp down on firearm rights.

Maybe he's crazy enough to foster race-riots in major cities so that it becomes expedient to maintain power beyond the end of his final term. He'd have to, America is almost in civil war due to the border-erasing flood of immigrants combined with the unrest amongst the minorities.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Crazy things happen and more frequently as time goes by. Just look through the complete New York Daily News from Friday to Monday, read all kinds of crazy things people do, kill their babies, have sex with animals, people killing their parents for their SS checks, etc.

Notice that the less people are introduced to the ten commandments the greater the moral code declines...well I guess thats another discussion...or is it?
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

UPDATE: VIDEO

SEE IT: Cleveland police release video showing moment Tamir Rice, 12, is fatally shot holding replica gun
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. The boy was shot within two seconds after police arrived at a Saturday call in a Cleveland park, where a man reported to 911 that the 'guy' was pointing a 'probably fake' pistol. Tamir was shot by a rookie officer seconds after the patrol car pulled up and the officer gave three commands to show his hands, an official said.
BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 3:13 PM Updated: Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 5:22 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2025132
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I saw the video, and that kid was just standing in one little spot, right in the middle of a surveillance camera view, and keeping that gun out in plain sight. Now how often have you seen a kid just stand in one spot like that? He was using it to scare people? There weren't people there in that video, so if this whole thing was about the kid getting a little 'power-high' off of frightening strangers, then why wasn't he moving out to find strangers?

He was just waiting out in the open, in one spot, in front of a camera, with a gun that he couldn't have gotten on his own, with an anonymous phone call tipping off police, two days into a string of race-based riots over the police-shooting of a black "teen".... and all of that is just a coincidence?

If you get enough people into a room together, two of them will share a birthday. That's a coincidence with no meaning. But when you put 10 people into a room together, and 7 of them have the same birthday, that is NOT a coincidence.

That kid was set up. The cops were set up. And now more O'Reilly's auto-parts stores are going to burn.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Sure as hell looks that way doesn't it. If this was years back I'd say no, who would do a thing like that?
But in today's screwed up society I wouldn't put it past some people.