An Entire State Wrongly Disparaged, GA edition

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

An Entire State Wrongly Disparaged, GA edition

Post by johndoe3 »

The recent report by Bloomberg's group, Everytown For Gun Safety, claimed that Georgia has had the most school shootings in the USA, in the 2 years since the Sandy Hook, Newtown shooting. PolitiFactCheck decided to investigate each claimed GA shooting.

http://www.politifact.com/georgia/state ... hool-shoo/

As it turns out, Everytown claimed 12 school shootings. PolitiFactCheck found that only 1 incident met the commonly held definition of a school shooting, where a student brought an AK-47 and 500 rounds of ammo to kill students and faculty. A school bookkeeper and police presence talked the shooter down, and no one was injured at all.

Bloomberg's group has wrongly disparaged the people of Georgia and their schools with their false claims.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: An Entire State Wrongly Disparaged, GA edition

Post by 700PSS »

In the end, there is value in the findings but significant context missing from its overall conclusion.We rate the claim Mostly False.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

"Mostly" false? Even a small turd floating in a glass of water, while admitedly "mostly" s--t free, makes it... filled with s--t.

What happened to the concept of truth?
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

continuity wrote: What happened to the concept of truth?
It got POST certified.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent Operator

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I wonder if the state of Georgia could sue that group for defamation? These people do not care what the facts are and actually knowingly spread false information to support their screwed up liberal agenda.

I had a serious discussion with a die hard liberal, who is my wife's friend, about gun ownership. BTW my wife is not a liberal and carries a gun everywhere she goes. In speaking to the liberal I got a pretty clear picture why they do not want us to have guns. She said she does not want a gun because she would not trust herself enough not to shoot people who do not agree with her. Through the discussion I got the impression that she believes that all gun owners are like her and cannot control themselves. So this is why they do not want us to have guns, because they believe we cannot control ourselves like they cannot control themselves. BTW, the die hard liberal that was talking about killing people who disagree with her is a elementary school teacher.

And if you research those that are considered mass shooters you will find something disturbing. They are almost always exclusively liberals or those who support the liberal agenda. I did not believe it either until I started researching and at that point it became crystal clear. The mass shooters are the ones who decided to take action against those who do not agree with them like the die hard liberal above.

They often scream about how they want everyone else to be tolerant of them yet they are never tolerant of anyone that have different views.
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth-and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts

Patrick Henry
LostintheAOs

Post by LostintheAOs »

continuity wrote:What happened to the concept of truth?
The "american" media