Brooklyn onlookers cheered N.Y. cop killings at murder scene: ‘They deserved it’

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Brooklyn onlookers cheered N.Y. cop killings at murder scene: ‘They deserved it’

Post by Hush »

108 Comment(s)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... s-at-murd/

It looks like its getting to be open season on cops. cops murdered in NYC, Fla. and other areas.

Check the front page of the NYDN http://www.nydailynews.com/
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Brooklyn onlookers cheered N.Y. cop killings at murder scene: ‘They deserved it’

Post by poikilotrm »

It's been open season on the citizenry for quite some time now. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Brooklyn onlookers cheered N.Y. cop killings at murder scene: ‘They deserved it’

Post by johndoe3 »

Poiki, even if we admitted your point...and I do not...the Bible verses point to an individual person suffering the consequences of their own prior actions. The Bible verses in no way suggest punishment of a third person for what others have done--that's by definition unjust.

Justice is the application of punishment against the person who actually committed the crime(s).

My own assessment of affairs is that people in power at all levels of government seem to be insane, even those I normally respect. We seem to be in a fascist society whose people routinely vote for Statist measures to oppress and repress the people, and their legislatures and police are willing to accommodate.

The Congress and State Legislatures passed laws allowing seizures of money, goods and vehicles in traffic stops and warrant searches without a crime ever being proven. The Supreme Court OKs money seizures and chips away at 4th amendment protections. The Congress and State Legislatures declare a war on drugs to throw 750,000+ people in jail every year, where no one was injured in any way (in most cases a victimless crime). Stop and frisk is just one symptom of the bigger problem of fascism, and local city councils and mayors pressure the police to do these things.

The sad thing is that all the above has gone on throughout history in every society--using government structures to oppress the people--and the vast majority of people want it that way.

No wonder there is a large and growing libertarian movement in this country. It just needs to grow so we have a true second political party in the USA.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

John, if you see a cop behind you, pulling you over, do you feel calm and secure? Or does your anxiety spike? Is it because of that individual cop, or because of the day to day behavior of his tribe?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

It seems you're a disgusting excuse for a human being, poik. A waste of the bioelements that the hate filled entity your persona walks around in. An embarassment to the term human.

Maybe it would be best if you went back to the hell you came from.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

The devil hates a righteous man, con, and you sure hate me. All I bring to the table is simple truth derived from the visibly ubiquitous. You can't stand being unmasked for what you are. Sad. You're evil. At least have the strength of character to embrace it or to be ashamed, but enough of your incessant puling denials.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

All cops are bad.
~said a bigot.
-----
Ick
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

poikilotrm wrote:John, if you see a cop behind you, pulling you over, do you feel calm and secure? Or does your anxiety spike? Is it because of that individual cop, or because of the day to day behavior of his tribe?
I get nervous because I don't want another citation from a state trooper. I've never been worried that I was going to be accosted. Even when dealing with jerks, I've always been non-threatening, polite, and professional. More often than not, that has been to my benefit-except with state troopers, who actually DO hate everyone. :lol:
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

poikilotrm wrote:The devil hates a righteous man, con, and you sure hate me. All I bring to the table is simple truth derived from the visibly ubiquitous. You can't stand being unmasked for what you are. Sad. You're evil. At least have the strength of character to embrace it or to be ashamed, but enough of your incessant puling denials.
Wait. You hate Conti. How do we know you're not the devil? You know, the devil has his own version of the truth as well. He likes to claim that it is God that deceives us.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Gathering onlookers reportedly cheered and chanted “[expletive] the police” near the Brooklyn crime scene where two New York Police Department officers were fatally shot Saturday.

“A lot of people were clapping and laughing,” Brooklyn resident Carlos, who would not give his last name, told The Daily Beast. A reporter with the website confirmed he, too, heard the anti-police chants.

“Some were saying, ‘They deserved it,’ and another was shouting at the cops, ‘Serves them right because you mistreat people!’ ” Carlos said.

"You’re a bunch of killers,” an angry passerby said to police officers standing across from Woodhull Hospital, where Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were taken after being killed, The Daily Beast reported. A makeshift memorial was erected there for the fallen officers.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Whenever I get pulled over I immediately begin to mentally spend that money on frivolous stuff. Something along the lines of, "So this is going to about $120.... that's 6 boxes of 9mm, or 100 rounds of high-quality 308, or 60 rounds of 50 AE (it's a love/hate relationship with my Desert Eagle)." and so on.

I don't fear for my life.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

TROOPER wrote:Whenever I get pulled over I immediately begin to mentally spend that money on frivolous stuff. Something along the lines of, "So this is going to about $120.... that's 6 boxes of 9mm, or 100 rounds of high-quality 308, or 60 rounds of 50 AE (it's a love/hate relationship with my Desert Eagle)." and so on.

I don't fear for my life.
You mean you also don't think of ways to make trouble and be an ass?
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

700PSS wrote:You mean you also don't think of ways to make trouble and be an ass?
Eh, no. I do sometimes scheme to see if I can weasel out of the ticket in a passive way by focusing on being more polite and prepared than the last traffic stop the cop made... and maybe I "accidentally" put my military ID on top of my proof-of-insurance instead of my driver's license. You know... "on accident".

"Oops, sorry, that's not my driver's license."
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

TROOPER wrote:
700PSS wrote:You mean you also don't think of ways to make trouble and be an ass?
Eh, no. I do sometimes scheme to see if I can weasel out of the ticket in a passive way by focusing on being more polite and prepared than the last traffic stop the cop made... and maybe I "accidentally" put my military ID on top of my proof-of-insurance instead of my driver's license. You know... "on accident".

My last Christmas Eve dispatch was a difficult DOA scene.

Passed up a traffic stop after that, while enroute to the office to finalize the F'ed up situation report... if I had made the stop, being shown a military/FED/other office ID (some are slicker at the move than others), with an apparent intent to mitigate any possible stop sanction(s), would have been on the high side probability of not going well. Only thing less impressive is the advisement of friendship with the Sheriff, using his first name. Thirty mins before we met, I just left a scene with a 86 year old greiving widow that discovered her dead husband of 60 some years, and dealt with a 3 hr evolution that included a scene with emotional family members and a dead body in a living room... by myself.

Might even have leaned in toward your car window and said in a less than pleasant voice," yeah, I can see that's not a drivers license. Is your confusion due to impairment?"

I'm not officially exmilitary, just attached in function with no brotherhood loyalty. Don't do that s--t anymore troop.

Apologise for seeming grumpy.

Merry Christmas all.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Hey, snap out of it. Give your loved ones a hug and enjoy the day. You know my intent Cont. Peace all.

continuity wrote:
TROOPER wrote:

My last Christmas Eve dispatch was a difficult DOA scene.

Passed up a traffic stop after that, while enroute to the office to finalize the F'ed up situation report... if I had made the stop, being shown a military/FED/other office ID (some are slicker at the move than others), with an apparent intent to mitigate any possible stop sanction(s), would have been on the high side probability of not going well. Only thing less impressive is the advisement of friendship with the Sheriff, using his first name. Thirty mins before we met, I just left a scene with a 86 year old greiving widow that discovered her dead husband of 60 some years, and dealt with a 3 hr evolution that included a scene with emotional family members and a dead body in a living room... by myself.

Might even have leaned in toward your car window and said in a less than pleasant voice," yeah, I can see that's not a drivers license. Is your confusion due to impairment?"

I'm not officially exmilitary, just attached in function with no brotherhood loyalty. Don't do that s--t anymore troop.

Apologise for seeming grumpy.

Merry Christmas all.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

The last stop I had my CCW got me out of a ticket.

I was traveling through Pittsburgh after flying in to the airport. When you go through the city there is a portion of the parkway that is 55mph and late at night is nearly vacant.

I was traveling 70.

He turned on his light and gave a squalk from his sound system. I exited the four lane highway and found a safe place to pull over where neither of us was in danger.

We exchanged a quick "good evening" and he stated his "reason" for pulling me over. I almost interrupted him when I informed him that I was a CCW holder and had a pistol.

He asked to see the weapon so I informed him that it was in a holster safely at my side with a round in the chamber.

We proceeded to have a pleasant discussion about the 2A and a variety of topics, including pistol selection and caliber.

A reasonable chap. He is a cop though... so I am certain he kills baby seals with sharpened elephant tusks. I bet he has a pair of gorilla hands with webbed fingers on display on his coffee table.
-----
Ick
PBinWA

Post by PBinWA »

This pretty much sums it up. It's the center part that seems to be growing these days but it may just be the media feeding those emotions.

ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Your illustration reminds me of this:

Coincidence?

I think not.
-----
Ick
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Thanks bakerjw. I'm good. Took you're advice, although it's done every day.

Suppose my point had to do with the variety of contact situation(s), and perspective on what seems important to the present contact. Not getting a traffic ticket is an important life issue to a driver. How the 86 yr old widow was going to get her husband buried... and carry on with life... was an important life issue to her. She had class. It would seem that a traffic stop should at least have class that approaches how a 86 yr old lady deals with finding her husband dead.

Life goes on. If I cried tears for every F'ed up situation dealt with, I'd have to buy some for any personal issues.

Thanks for the thought.

peace
ranb
Silent But Deadly

Post by ranb »

poikilotrm wrote:John, if you see a cop behind you, pulling you over, do you feel calm and secure? Or does your anxiety spike? Is it because of that individual cop, or because of the day to day behavior of his tribe?
I've never had a reason to feel unsecure when being pulled over.

Randy
SilencerTalk was a place I could disccuss making registered silencers without being told I was a criminal. That is no longer true. http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=99273
Decal
Silent Operator

Post by Decal »

poikilotrm wrote:It's been open season on the citizenry for quite some time now. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
What a lousy thing to say. Makes me think you are about the same substance as pond scum, with as much intelligence.
Decal
Silent Operator

Post by Decal »

PBinWA wrote:This pretty much sums it up. It's the center part that seems to be growing these days but it may just be the media feeding those emotions.

So you don't personally know, you are just spouting off because of the media. How stupid that makes you appear.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Decal wrote:
PBinWA wrote:This pretty much sums it up. It's the center part that seems to be growing these days but it may just be the media feeding those emotions.

So you don't personally know, you are just spouting off because of the media. How stupid that makes you appear.
Oh come on. His point is that the police, like the public in general, are going to contain a certain number of ne'er-do-wells, and that right now, the media is focusing on that group and halfway implying that cops in general are the problem as opposed to the statistical few. And bluntly, Wilson doesn't seem to be one of them anyway.

How could any one person know what you're even asking?

Continuity: when a police officer pulls me over with the intent to cite me due to some infraction on my part, the stop is pure business to him. The money that it costs me does not go into his/her own pocket, nor did they pull me over personally, but rather they pulled over whomever happened to be driving the vehicle which just failed to follow all regulations.

However... the money that comes out of my pocket is the exact opposite of "business". That's not someone else's money that's going away with nothing to show, it's MY money from MY pocket, with no outside sponsorship whatsoever. In light of this, it's normal to assume that when cops interact with drivers under these circumstances, that some drivers will become emotional - after all, that $90-$120 doesn't represent the same amount of personal loss to every citizen. A minimum wage worker will have just given up two days, for example.

I rather think that I more than meet an officer halfway, and accept that this personal transaction is two things: my own doing (100% of them have been for me so far), and pure black-and-white business as opposed to some personal vendetta against either me, or some class of person that I belong to such as male, white, my age group, or because the cop doesn't like plain-ol'-vanilla stock Pontiacs.

But none of that changes the fact that the money exiting my life is my own personnel money, so if I maintain hope of escaping the interaction with all funds intact, that doesn't make me some kind of arsehole. And if I wish to keep my own money in my own pocket despite the ugliness of your last call, that also does not diminish me as a person. This is even more true in light of the fact that my strategy has always been to be polite and cooperative.

It would be wildly inappropriate for me to swear, vent, and just be rude to a police officer who pulled me over simply because an earlier portion of my day was unpleasant. Vice-versa; the unpleasantness of the earlier part of your day should have no bearing on how you interact with the next stop. There is a world of difference in bringing past lessons with you versus past emotion.

You're better than that.

Be better than that.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

TROOPER wrote:... the unpleasantness of the earlier part of your day should have no bearing on how you interact with the next stop. There is a world of difference in bringing past lessons with you versus past emotion.

You're better than that.

Be better than that.
You are right. I accept that correction.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

If I saw someone cheering about that I would punch them in the face!
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/