I'm glad that there's nothing in the news.

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Have people lost interest in this Forum?

Lost interest.
25%
Nothing interesting happening right now.
8%
No time.
33%
TV and radio covering everything.
No votes
Discussing on another site.
33%

Total votes: 12

whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

I'm glad that there's nothing in the news.

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I generally don't believe anything that the major networks put out. It's all rip and read press releases that they don't even fact check.

I watch CSpan in the mornings and listen to AM talk radio whenever possible, even if only in the background. Fox News isn't even doing any good investigation. They just air whatever they can source from blogs.

I really injoyed discussing current news topics on this forum. But I gather that Hush is sick or injured. And there haven't been many posts lately from the other 8 or so contributors.

Have people just lost interest, or isn't anything controversial happening?
I'm unaware of anything really good right now that hasn't already been beaten to powder on TV and radio.
Is there another good discussion site that anyone would recommend?
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Chuck88

Re: I'm glad that there's nothing in the news.

Post by Chuck88 »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Is there another good discussion site that anyone would recommend?
Can you handle the truth?
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/index.php :wink:
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

I have multiple outlets for news so I never came here for the news. But, every morning I have a usual order.

foxnews.com for big stories. A lot of fluff.

drudgereport.com gives a broad spectrum of stories from multiple sources.
Breitbart.com good conservative minded articles. Paid trolls abound on here but they are fun to poke.
thegatewaypundit.com St. Louis tidbits since Ferguson seems to be the nexus of race incitement

Occasionally redstate.com and townhall.com

the new format at nationalreview.com has made it unreadable. It's like when Nascar remade their already bad website into something even worse.

washingtontimes.com
Thehill.com <- a fair amount of trolls in their comment section.
and lastly Americanthinker.com

I never trust one source completely but I will put my faith in conservative sources over anything liberal.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

bakerjw wrote:I have multiple outlets for news so I never came here for the news. But, every morning I have a usual order.

foxnews.com for big stories. A lot of fluff.

drudgereport.com gives a broad spectrum of stories from multiple sources.
Breitbart.com good conservative minded articles. Paid trolls abound on here but they are fun to poke.
thegatewaypundit.com St. Louis tidbits since Ferguson seems to be the nexus of race incitement

Occasionally redstate.com and townhall.com

the new format at nationalreview.com has made it unreadable. It's like when Nascar remade their already bad website into something even worse.

washingtontimes.com
Thehill.com <- a fair amount of trolls in their comment section.
and lastly Americanthinker.com

I never trust one source completely but I will put my faith in conservative sources over anything liberal.
Thank you for that list.

I really miss Hush.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Thanks for the options.
I'll check them out.
It's nice to have back and forth w people that I know, though. Even if only through prior posting.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I miss Hush's posts because I was able to read the headlines from several sites at once. For example, thetruthaboutguns DOT com was nice to read here because I WILL NOT go to that site.

It is so unbelievably full of adware garbage it clogs up my machine. In that way that site is an embarrassment to the firearm community. But I digress.

Otherwise, I am just too busy with other things.

The problem with the poll is... you want answers from people that almost never come... and they wont answer a poll. What is a guy to do?
-----
Ick
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

I hoped that a Poll would generate more interest.
It's sad how few members are logged into the Site these days. :(
There used to be 100s at any time. Now it's just a few if any at a given time.
I wonder if it's just the way that the Site is tracking or if people have just lost interest/busy w other things?

I hope that Hush goes into remission. Does anyone know his prognosis? (Last night I learned that he has cancer.) :x
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Content has really gone down hill . People in the know left and idiot factor went way up. Really sad.
Syntax360
Silent But Deadly

Post by Syntax360 »

Chuck88 wrote: Can you handle the truth?
Did that just happen? :shock:
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

I really miss Hush...

His contribution to the forum was amazing....

It is officially dead in here.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

I too miss Hush.

As I remember the "hush hush" threads. :cry:

Hope those major contributors are happier now. :roll:

I used to come here a lot. But stopped due in part to the "I love AAC" fan boys, smart asses and the general "pack" mentality.

The industry has changed, and this site stayed the same

It is dying, and that is a shame.

Think back to the major players we used to have on here only a few years ago and while there are some super ones left. they are getting fewer and fewer.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Chuck88 wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote: Is there another good discussion site that anyone would recommend?
Can you handle the truth?

Never heard of that s--t hole until today. Wish I had known what it was before I clicked it. I think my computer is sad it was subjected to that trash if only for a few seconds.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Chuck88

Post by Chuck88 »

Sigproshooter wrote:Never heard of that s--t hole until today. Wish I had known what it was before I clicked it. I think my computer is sad it was subjected to that trash if only for a few seconds.
What about it do you find offensive?
Don't you support equal Human Rights for all peoples?
I certainly do.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Does the first few weeks after I joined here I considered leaving again, as clicking on new posts or active topics links brought mostly the abominable pseudo-news links Hush would post. It was a relief to find a link which filtered all that and took me to the latest posts on just the subject to which the forum is ostensibly dedicated. Then Hush voluntarily quit posting that nonsense when asked by the administration and said he was getting sicker anyway... and then the site underwent a series of crashes then a changed structure... but fortunately it's worked out alright. Now I can click active topics and actually read about suppressors and mostly related discussions. I don't have any reason to dislike Hush. He seems an okay guy. And cancer's nasty, so I feel for him. But truth about guns crap was more than half if what he linked to, and that site is pure garbage.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Sure Hush posted alot of topics and many were just clutter.
But some were great conversation starters that led to great debates!
They also served as relief vents for letting off steam.
Chris2000XJ

Post by Chris2000XJ »

I'm very sorry to hear he's sick, and I hope he gets better, but I don't miss the forum spam. And yes it was spam. It completely disrupted the forum and affected the site in a negative way. It rendered one of the most important forum browsing features (active topics) absolutely useless.

Since it stopped it seems to me like site traffic and meaningful/normal posts are actually up as people don't have to sort through a bunch of garbage in order to browse the forums any more.

It's actually easy to navigate the forums now, to see what threads are trending/have replies. I actually read the site daily now.... I stopped lurking when the first 6 pages of active topics were authored entirely by the same guy with posts 10 minutes apart...
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Chuck88 wrote:
Sigproshooter wrote:Never heard of that s--t hole until today. Wish I had known what it was before I clicked it. I think my computer is sad it was subjected to that trash if only for a few seconds.
What about it do you find offensive?
Don't you support equal Human Rights for all peoples?
I certainly do.

(people) who support white power F--k tards are no better than bangers.

Ignorance,hate and stupidity are never acceptable.
Sun Tzu
Chuck88

Post by Chuck88 »

Sigproshooter wrote: (people) who support white power F--k tards are no better than bangers.

So, instead of a well-reasoned, constructive response to my question I am met with foul language, name-calling, and ad hominem attacks. Interesting.

Let me know when you are ready to engage in a logic-based, grownup debate on political science. Privately, if you wish. I'll be waiting. :D :mrgreen:
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Sorry Chucky, you can don a mask of civility and erudition, but so long as you align yourself with the white power movement you are nothing better than KKK. Plain and simple. There is no value in that movement except as an object lesson for the future, something to warn our kids against. And I dare say the same applies to the black power movement, and violent feminism, and any number of self-righteous mobs who believe that to correct actual and perceived wrongs committed against them the proper response is the domination of those who abused them. Imbalance is imbalance, it doesn't matter which way the scale of justice is tipped. Until we find ourselves truly addressing each other as equals in all things there will be no end to this foolishness dubbed 'racism' - a preposterous notion, considering that there is only one human race.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Chuck88 wrote:
Sigproshooter wrote: (people) who support white power F--k tards are no better than bangers.

So, instead of a well-reasoned, constructive response to my question I am met with foul language, name-calling, and ad hominem attacks. Interesting.

Let me know when you are ready to engage in a logic-based, grownup debate on political science. Privately, if you wish. I'll be waiting. :D :mrgreen:

Go F--k your Hitler love-doll adolf, or yourself for that matter.

You are not shitting anybody but yourself.

Your "movement" gives REAL Americans a bad taste.

I have no desire to be nice to, nor patient with "people" like you.

It only goes downhill from here, so I'm out.

just a parting thought adolf........." to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC."

That meant something then and means even more today.
Sun Tzu
sillycon
Silent But Deadly

Post by sillycon »

Chuck88 wrote:Don't you support equal Human Rights for all peoples?
I certainly do.
Frankly, I'd like to imagine that between this statement and how you're trying to relate it to such a group/website, this was intended as simply a tongue-in-cheek rib at the current state of the mass media and their lack of actual news.

Or do you really believe that most all other media outlets are nothing but mouthpieces for some big "anti-white"/NWO/<insert radical anti-WASP claim here> conspiracy/agenda?

At least, that's the only alternative to the "rib" I can think of as I can't see anyone suggesting that site as a place where all races, colors, and creeds are respected equally. Especially given the sites own (and VERY well-known) self-proclamation to the contrary... :shock:

I realize it's a publicly accessible forum, but I must admit this is probably the last place I would expect to encounter red suspenders.