Another TX newspaper mocks the linking God and guns

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Another TX newspaper mocks the linking God and guns

Post by johndoe3 »

This one is from the Dallas Observer whose writer doesn't understand where possibly God could condone guns, and (gasp) condone open carry in Texas. They rewrote a verse in the Bible so that guns are mentioned once in it.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them with firearms, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it. I have given you every ammo-bearing Kalashnikov, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every Glock, in the which is the bullet containeth powder; to you it shall be for protection.

And to every place where man may walketh upon the earth, to every campus, in which his mind is filled with scholarly things, and to every waistband and shoulder holster, to you it shall be for carrying guns.

--Genesis 1:27-∞
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairp ... y_guns.php

As Scalia wrote in the majority opinion of Heller vs D.C., the natural right of self-defense is the main reason for the 2nd amendment and not hunting or gun collecting. I guess the writer of the article above mocking "God given rights" isn't aware that natural rights were at the forefront of our nation's founding documents; and that self-defense is mentioned a number of times in the Bible. Guns are just one of the possible "arms" protected by the 2nd amendment.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
Chuck88

Re: Another TX newspaper mocks the linking God and guns

Post by Chuck88 »

Well, I don't know much about the Judeo-Christian God, but I do know that Odin is quite clear on this subject:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road
:mrgreen:
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Another TX newspaper mocks the linking God and guns

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Chuck88 wrote:Well, I don't know much about the Judeo-Christian God, but I do know that Odin is quite clear on this subject:
There are probably MANY Religious traditions which state that Man is required to preserve his life and health; and perhaps even to defend those unable to defend themselves.
As I understand, Chuck88 is an "Identity Christian."
Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Jews, and to some extent Catholics are also admonished to treasure and defend God's Temple of Creation.
However many Catholics and Protestants view that they must suffer injustice and harm w/o defending themselves. Like sacrificial Lambs.
Of course, Liberals and Progressive/Erosionists view humans as simply objects to be used and discarded. That's why they support abortion and Gov't dependence.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314