GA Guv goes wobbly, veto of campus carry

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

GA Guv goes wobbly, veto of campus carry

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.guns.com/2016/05/04/gov-deal ... supported/

Guv Nathan Deal of GA (R) was for campus carry in Georgia, but when it came time for action instead of just words, he flip-flopped and vetoed the Bill. The gun control groups put massive pressure on the Guv with petitions, gun control editorials and ads. So...the Guv melted under political pressure, and he said that students really didn't need protection, and that college campuses have a long history of banning guns. But...
Jerry Henry, executive director of GeorgiaCarry.org, told Guns.com, “As for there being no unnecessary risks, tell that to the four people who were robbed at gunpoint in the library and the two students that were shot on the Georgia State University Campus just this year. Add to that the two students that were victims of armed robbery on the Georgia Tech campus last night and then tell me again how the governor saved them from risks.”
The Bill had passed overwhelmingly in both the GA House and Senate; but the Guv delayed action to the very last possible day on all Bills before him, so that there was no chance of an override of any of the 16 Bills he vetoed yesterday.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
Fulliautomatix
Silent But Deadly

Re: GA Guv goes wobbly, veto of campus carry

Post by Fulliautomatix »

What a dick move. The robbery/assault rate in downtown ATL is very high around the campus for the very reason that law abiding people can't and don't carry there and the criminal element knows it.

http://pursuitofpatriotism.blogspot.com ... -down.html
Speak softly, and carry a big stick.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

because... politicians.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I have spoken to Nate Deal 3 times now. He is an unmitigated POS.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

He said his concern was students having guns in disciplinary hearings.

Um - they could anyway - they just would't tell you.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... mus-carry/

On the very same day that Guv Nathan Deal vetoed Campus Carry, a Fort Valley State University student in Georgia was murdered by stabbing when he came to the aid of 2 female students who were being grabbed.

Yeah Guv Nathan Deal, college students need a safe space with a gun free campus, and aren't facing real risks (/sarc).
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

silencertalk wrote:He said his concern was students having guns in disciplinary hearings.

Um - they could anyway - they just would't tell you.
Have the Admin Bldg be a Controlled Access Entry where they go through screening w armed Campus Police or Armed Guard. The 2nd would be cheaper and the Chief of Campus Police should have their office just a few doors removed from the screening point w an electromagnetically secured bolt in the door.

This would deter armed Disp Hearing. Heck, add a dual entry salleyport where anyone entering is trapped b/t 2 points during the screening. They'd have to scale the bldg and drop through the roof 'Leverage' style to sneak in.

I'd say that it wasn't Brain Surgery or Rocket Science. But they may have those 2 specialties offered at that campus like here in Houston. :mrgreen:

Maybe they could tour the Ben Taub Hospital Psyche Ward for clues how to secure a Bldg. It's pitifully simple. Just add an atrium w the features described above.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

What if we just built a wall around every campus, or maybe just a triple fence topped with concertina. Everyone would have to pass through one or two armed gates where they would be made to strip, have a cavity search, deloused, then have them wear a provided smock, then leg irons and a belly chain with cuffs. Add a taser belt and then it is off to chemistry class, you lucky freshman!

Or not. Maybe not. Probably not. Yeah. Not.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

poikilotrm wrote:Add a taser belt and then it is off to chemistry class, you lucky freshman!
Read my comment here. viewtopic.php?p=935460#p935449 I make a joking comment similar to yours for housing lawyers. :shock: :lol:
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314