Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, renegade, bakerjw, Hush

Post Reply
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2667
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 am
Location: N. Colorado

Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by johndoe3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:39 pm

http://heatst.com/politics/canadians-do ... na-dunham/

Social Media is hopping in Canada with almost unanimous opinion that they don't want any of those Hollywood liberals and others who threatened to move to Canada if Trump won.

The idea of building a wall on Canada's southern border, to keep out hordes of tearful progressives/socialists attempting to flee the USA, is widespread.

Their message: We don't want American Libs/Socialists! :)
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)

User avatar
John A.
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by John A. » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:57 pm

My Aunt lived in Canada for decades. Even became a Canadian citizen, and is buried in Toronto now.

I also have many friends who live in Canada. They have enough liberals there now. Trust me. They don't need or want any of ours.
I don't care what your chart says

a_canadian
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by a_canadian » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Just this one Canadian's opinion... but frankly I don't give much of a damn either way. If I have any preference it might favour unhappy Republicans moving North. You know, the sort who never wanted this idiot Trump as their representative and certainly don't want him now that he's somehow snaked his way into the highest office. Those sorts of Republicans I can respect. But the crybabies? Not so much. I mean come on, they plainly didn't try hard enough, not by a long stretch. If we could dislodge that Stephen Harper crook and put in a proper PM with a sense of responsibility for Canadians, then you guys should have been able to at least manage electing Clinton, and if you'd had any balls at all you'd have gotten Sanders in there. So yeah, disgruntled Democrats can apply to immigrate, whatever. They can join all the other whiners up here who aren't capable of much in the way of novel thoughts and can't even be bothered to work hard on a campaign. Lots of lazy idiots up here so they'll feel right at home.

User avatar
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7440
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by TROOPER » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

a_canadian wrote:Just this one Canadian's opinion... but frankly I don't give much of a damn either way. If I have any preference it might favour unhappy Republicans moving North. You know, the sort who never wanted this idiot Trump as their representative and certainly don't want him now that he's somehow snaked his way into the highest office. Those sorts of Republicans I can respect. But the crybabies? Not so much. I mean come on, they plainly didn't try hard enough, not by a long stretch. If we could dislodge that Stephen Harper crook and put in a proper PM with a sense of responsibility for Canadians, then you guys should have been able to at least manage electing Clinton, and if you'd had any balls at all you'd have gotten Sanders in there. So yeah, disgruntled Democrats can apply to immigrate, whatever. They can join all the other whiners up here who aren't capable of much in the way of novel thoughts and can't even be bothered to work hard on a campaign. Lots of lazy idiots up here so they'll feel right at home.
These are your type, bro.

a_canadian
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by a_canadian » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:12 pm

Easy to throw such lazy insults Trooper. But the fact is that most Trump voters chose to mark that ballot out of mental laziness. They've given up on intelligence, work, common sense, and have opted for a joke candidate who promises miracles through irrational actions. People claiming that 'he's a businessman so he knows how to make us great' are too lazy even to bother looking at the man's criminal history in real estate. His multiple bankruptcies. His fraudulent practices, including his fake university and the hundreds of millions he's cost investors when he leaves them holding the bag. But hey, if you guys really want a cheap swindler running your country into the ground go for it. Oh right, you just did that.

Sdustin
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm
Location: Ga

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by Sdustin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:15 am

His recent letter about how he plans to support the 2nd is enough for me. I mean we have a very good chance that this time next year silencers will no longer be in the NFA, our military will no longer be disarmed on base and well have a national right to carry. If he does half of what's in the letter I'll be happy. And honest question in Canada can you own an ar15? Or does it have to stay at an approved firing range?

He knows gun owners got him in office and has a chance to change things for the best for generations in the asspect of respect for the 2nd amendment.

And talk about criminal do you even know anything about benghazi and the Syrian rebels getting guns? There should be charges both for Clinton and Obama.
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2667
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:02 am
Location: N. Colorado

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by johndoe3 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:35 am

What a deal! and you get to learn to sing 'O Canada'.
Allan Jones, CEO of Tennessee-based Jones Airways, is offering free one-way flights to Canada for Hollywood celebrities who promised to leave the country if Donald Trump won the presidency.

“You’re not coming back. It’s one way.”

According to Money Mike, the free flight also includes lessons on how to sing “O Canada,” the country’s national anthem.
Image
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)

a_canadian
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by a_canadian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:16 am

Sdustin wrote:His recent letter about how he plans to support the 2nd is enough for me. I mean we have a very good chance that this time next year silencers will no longer be in the NFA, our military will no longer be disarmed on base and well have a national right to carry. If he does half of what's in the letter I'll be happy.
So a guy who has lied about his business for his entire adult life, continuing to lie about his business and various other elements of his history right up to voting day, this guy tells you you can have your toys more easily and that's enough. Screw everything and everybody else. Is that about right? See my description above - seems you fit the definition of a classic Trump voter nicely.
Sdustin wrote:And honest question in Canada can you own an ar15? Or does it have to stay at an approved firing range?
Apparently not. Had to look it up, as I don't have one and don't know anyone who owns one, and don't really care. From the bits and pieces I've just looked over, the restricted nature of the AR-15 seems more than a bit silly. I have zero interest in owning nor shooting such a weapon, but that shouldn't stop others who are interested from using them in safe, responsible ways. I'm a bit surprised that the 9+ years under the 'Conservative' government of Stephen Harper didn't see this restriction lifted. He enjoyed a controlling majority in Parliament. He enacted all sorts of ridiculous and abusive legal changes. Somehow he seems to have overlooked this one... unless it was his government who brought in the restriction. I'm having trouble finding exactly which government did so. But I do know that it was on his watch that a man firing two warning shots over the heads of two guys trying to kill his dogs and burn down his house, went on to suffer years of abuse by the RCMP and court system, at enormous personal cost. The 'justice' system here, as with your own, is often rather silly.
Sdustin wrote:He knows gun owners got him in office and has a chance to change things for the best for generations in the asspect of respect for the 2nd amendment.
In part, sure. But the victory was more to do with voter apathy than your second amendment, that voter apathy primarily fuelled by Hillary's absurdity as a candidate for the Democrats.
Sdustin wrote:And talk about criminal do you even know anything about benghazi and the Syrian rebels getting guns? There should be charges both for Clinton and Obama.
No argument from me. Bill Clinton should have been in front of a war crimes tribunal well over a decade ago. Like I said, justice systems can really suck. But if I were a US citizen I'd have been forced to vote against Trump, which thanks to your (in practical terms) 2 party system, would mean a vote for Clinton. Which is stupid, but less so than voting for Trump, who represents a radical threat to the health of the global economy and to the security of the US people. He's gonna get a lot of your people killed in various ways.

User avatar
bakerjw
Elite Member
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:13 am
Location: NE Tenn.

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by bakerjw » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:36 am

You are way off base canadian and obviously listen to the MSM talking points.
Voter apathy and ignorance had very little to do with Trump winning and everything to do with the reason that Hillary did as well as she did. Trump supporters have been vilified, berated and accosted for supporting someone who understands their frustration at the way that the 2 party political system has screwed up this county. Believe what you will though.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.

User avatar
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7440
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by TROOPER » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:00 am

a_canadian wrote:Easy to throw such lazy insults Trooper. But the fact is that most Trump voters chose to mark that ballot out of mental laziness. They've given up on intelligence, work, common sense, and have opted for a joke candidate who promises miracles through irrational actions. People claiming that 'he's a businessman so he knows how to make us great' are too lazy even to bother looking at the man's criminal history in real estate. His multiple bankruptcies. His fraudulent practices, including his fake university and the hundreds of millions he's cost investors when he leaves them holding the bag. But hey, if you guys really want a cheap swindler running your country into the ground go for it. Oh right, you just did that.
It IS easy, because left-leaning, emotional driven folks follow the same funnel. So yes, it is/was insulting, but Hillary supporters ARE your type of person.

Saying that most Trump voters chose to mark the ballot out of laziness.... yeah? Proof? What was Hillary's platform? Was it significantly different than Obama's 2012 platform? Do you realize that when he ran against Romney, that he had literally no campaign platform? Hillary was in the exact same situation. She's running on "4-more-of-Barry"... a "continuation of the past eight". Seems to me that people who voted against that knew exactly what they were voting against.

As far as that goes, the pattern was simple: Bernie was perceived as an outsider and did well. Trump was perceived as an outsider and did well. The others didn't, regardless of their strategies and war-chest.

All the rest of your post is just smearing of Trump.... and much of it may well be correct. But you're making a "Trump is bad" argument, when you ought to be making a "Trump-v-Hillary" argument.

Whatever you're saying about Trump that's negative, how is Hillary better? Cheap swindler? What has Hillary earned? Her wealth is ENTIRELY made from inside-trading and illegally selling influence and accepting bribes. What business venture has she done well on? What corporations has she started? What indications does she give that she has a meaningful grasp of the market and the economy based off of experience?

You folks on the left don't get it. Yes, some of Trump's supporters love him, but most love what he isn't -- a politician. He said some nonsense crap to use us for our votes? Has it not yet occurred to you that we have used him?

Dissatisfaction with the government is THE reason Trump got elected. Hillary was literally the most 'status quo' candidate that either party could have fielded. Trump was literally the most anti-status-quo that either party could have fielded. It isn't more complicated than that.

--- ETA ---
I certainly don't blame Canada for not wanting these weenies... it's not like we want them either. If they somehow went to Canada, got citizenship, and assimilated, then as soon as they didn't get their way in some future election, they'd start burning the Maple Leaf and threaten to come to the U.S.

User avatar
T-Rex
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: CT - The AntiConstitution State

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by T-Rex » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:15 pm

I'm not gonna jump into the piss, but will say this.

The same amount of people who voted for Kerry and Romney, voted for Trump. He did not get overwhelming support.

Hillary lost because 10 million less people voted for her than Obama.

Best candidate? No
Better than Hillary? You need to be struck with a bat if you answer no.
Completed Builds www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79895
Burst Calculator www.engineersedge.com/calculators/pipe_bust_calc.htm
Silencer Porn www.instagram.com/explore/tags/silencerporn/

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by poikilotrm » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:36 pm

a_canadian wrote: then you guys should have been able to at least manage electing Clinton,
Yes, if only they had managed to get that toxic traitorous cunt installed as President... :roll: She needs to be in Missouri, wearing orange, and waiting for the needle.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.

User avatar
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 7440
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by TROOPER » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:25 pm

T-Rex wrote:I'm not gonna jump into the piss, but will say this.

The same amount of people who voted for Kerry and Romney, voted for Trump. He did not get overwhelming support.

Hillary lost because 10 million less people voted for her than Obama.

Best candidate? No
Better than Hillary? You need to be struck with a bat if you answer no.
Total number of votes wasn't impressive, but the sources of some of those votes was eye-catching. Trump mostly got water out of the GOP pool, but he also got some out of the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton pool.

Two ways to look at that:
great! He's got universal appeal!
Terrible! He's so non-conservative that even some Sanders or Hillary voters like him!

I personally am not too happy with Trump, but given what was on the ballot, it was the best outcome.

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by poikilotrm » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:32 pm

a_canadian wrote:Easy to throw such lazy insults Trooper. But the fact is that most Trump voters chose to mark that ballot out of mental laziness. They've given up on intelligence, work, common sense, and have opted for a joke candidate who promises miracles through irrational actions. People claiming that 'he's a businessman so he knows how to make us great' are too lazy even to bother looking at the man's criminal history in real estate. His multiple bankruptcies. His fraudulent practices, including his fake university and the hundreds of millions he's cost investors when he leaves them holding the bag. But hey, if you guys really want a cheap swindler running your country into the ground go for it. Oh right, you just did that.
She committed treason.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.

a_canadian
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by a_canadian » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:01 pm

It'll be fun watching how often Trump commits actual treason in the context of his special relationship with Putin...

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by poikilotrm » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:31 pm

She committed actual treason. Her actions led to the deaths of numerous US personell and foreign HUMINT assets. Trump has not committed treason.

What Trump may or may not do is in the future. What she did is not in doubt. She has committed many, many crimes along with her husband. Both need to be in prison. She needs to ride the needle.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.

User avatar
T-Rex
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:38 pm
Location: CT - The AntiConstitution State

Re: Canada doesn't want Libs, threatens to build a wall

Post by T-Rex » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 am

TROOPER wrote: I personally am not too happy with Trump, but given what was on the ballot, it was the best outcome.
Agreed!
Completed Builds www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=79895
Burst Calculator www.engineersedge.com/calculators/pipe_bust_calc.htm
Silencer Porn www.instagram.com/explore/tags/silencerporn/

Post Reply