4 Bunkerville defendants set free by jury

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

4 Bunkerville defendants set free by jury

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.guns.com/2017/08/23/zero-con ... e-retrial/

Four men were charged with 10 felonies each for their presence at the Bundy Ranch incident at Bunkerville in 2014--one from Montana and 3 from Idaho. The jury issued no convictions against all 4 on Tuesday.
The four men had faced 10 felony charges each, including conspiracy, weapons possession, and assault on a federal officer. The charges stemmed from a tense, six-day standoff between dozens of armed ranchers and U.S. Bureau of Land Management officials in April 2014. It happened about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

People came from all over the country to support Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who’d spent decades refusing to pay grazing fees to the federal government. BLM agents came to collect Bundy’s cattle in lieu of the payments. The incident ended when the agents retreated, and no shots were fired...

...All four had been held without bail since early last year.

...Lovelien’s lawyer, Shawn Perez, said prosecutors overcharged the defendants.
Regardless of your opinion on what took place at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada in 2014, there were no shots fired by either side--just a lot of posturing and angry words.

It was insane for prosecutors to charge these people with all these felonies, like weapon possession since open carry is legal in NV, and over conspiracy for a legitimate protest against overbearing government action.

Great job by the jury in seeing through this Fed ruse to railroad people to lengthy prison time over a legitimate civil protest.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
ick
Silent But Deadly

Re: 4 Bunkerville defendants set free by jury

Post by ick »

What about the guy that was executed? Too bad for him I guess. Seems that charge was irreversible.
-----
Ick
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

What about the guy that was executed? Too bad for him I guess. Seems that charge was irreversible.
Are you referring to the January 2016 protest and standoff in Oregon where Robert Finicum was executed by snipers from the Oregon State Patrol and FBI while driving on an Oregon road?

The Bunkerville protest in Nevada in 2014 was a different protest than the 2016 Oregon standoff; although there were Bundy family members at both.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I didn't realize my mistake of unifying the two events in my mind... until you brought it up. Thanks.
-----
Ick