NJ bans bump stocks, makes them a criminal offense

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

NJ bans bump stocks, makes them a criminal offense

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.guns.com/2018/01/16/christie ... of-office/

On Monday, outgoing Guv Chris Krispie signed 100 pending bills to clear his desk on his last day in office. Among those signed was a Bill banning bump stocks and trigger cranks in New Jersey.
Christie, who has repeatedly rejected gun control measures sent to him by state lawmakers, had previously said he was open to more regulation on the devices, arguing, “It’s an accessory. It’s not a gun law. A bump stock is not a gun.”

The measure modifies state law to make the use of bump stocks or trigger cranks a second-degree criminal offense in New Jersey, punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and a fine of up to $150,000. Simple possession or sale of the devices themselves would be a third-degree felony, punishable by up to five years imprisonment and a fine of up to $15,000.
Yikes, up to 10 years in prison and a massive fine for a plastic molded accessory! They join MA in banning bump stocks and making it a long prison sentence.

At least Chris Krispie pardoned or commuted the sentence of a number of out-of-state people caught in NJ with a gun that was legal everywhere else. We can be grateful for those pardons before he left office; the newly elected Dem Guv is anti-gun and will not be so kind to those from out-of-state caught in the web of NJ gun laws.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: NJ bans bump stocks, makes them a criminal offense

Post by poikilotrm »

At last! NJ will now be crime free! A utopia! We should all move there and be safe and happy.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
thequietertimhall

Post by thequietertimhall »

poikilotrm wrote:At last! NJ will now be crime free! A utopia! We should all move there and be safe and happy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tim Hall - NexGen2 Defense
423-362-1271
[email protected]
https://www.ng2defense.com/
https://www.facebook.com/ng2defense/
https://www.facebook.com/thequietertimhall/
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/new-j ... id/837429/

Here's another new NJ law that Guv Krispy-Kreme signed on his last day in office on Monday...

New Jersey Outlaws Drunk Droning
Drunk driving has been a social taboo for decades, but New Jersey has now added drunk droning to the statute books: outlawing the flying of unmanned aircraft after one too many drinks.

The law makes it an offense to operate a drone under the influence of intoxicating liquor, narcotic, hallucinogenic or habit-producing drug or with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or more.

Infractions can be punishable by up to six months in prison and a $1,000 fine.

The legislation, sponsored by Democrats in the state legislature, was signed into law by outgoing Republican Governor Chris Christie late Monday.
...including this baby now on the market...
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

johndoe3 wrote:https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/new-j ... id/837429/

Here's another new NJ law that Guv Krispy-Kreme signed on his last day in office on Monday...

New Jersey Outlaws Drunk Droning
Drunk driving has been a social taboo for decades, but New Jersey has now added drunk droning to the statute books: outlawing the flying of unmanned aircraft after one too many drinks.

The law makes it an offense to operate a drone under the influence of intoxicating liquor, narcotic, hallucinogenic or habit-producing drug or with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or more.
I wonder what pot is considered to be in NJ?

I use to have a friend that was a toker and flew jets for a freight company. His personally policy was no pot after midnight the day before flying. Knowing how long the half-live is for pot in our bodies I wondered about that. If it was me I would be at the bottom of a flaming hole.

The legal safe FAA limit for flying manned aircraft is .02 nationwide for blood alcohol, unless it has changed in recent years. Airlines can and do restrict this further, most times.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

The legal safe FAA limit for flying manned aircraft is .02 nationwide for blood alcohol, unless it has changed in recent years. Airlines can and do restrict this further, most times.
It may be that the .02% limit is a stricter rule by a specific airline, the actual FAR rule is...(did a Google search :wink: )
In the U.S., pilots are allowed to have a trace amount of alcohol in their system -- up to 0.04% blood alcohol concentration -- and must have eight hours between "bottle to throttle". (The 0.04% level is half the 0.08% legal limit for U.S. drivers on the roads.)
It seems to me that "narcotic" in the new NJ drone law, includes marijuana and pharmaceutical intoxication. If I remember right, NJ has a very limited medical marijuana law allowing only CBD oil for a few illnesses. However, the newly elected NJ Guv ran on a plank of fully legalizing medical and recreational marijuana in NJ. The legislature would probably have to modify this drunken drone law when they pass the new promised marijuana legalization.

Just a thought, but this is not a time for gun owners in any of the States where marijuana is legal (medical or recreational or both), to purchase this legal marijuana. Those States have a list of all purchasers and the Feds want access to the lists so they can strip gun owners of their guns in accordance with the U.S. Code.