He knows how to treat the little ladies.

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

He knows how to treat the little ladies.

Post by poikilotrm »

Repulsive video at the link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ments.html

Turkey's president sparks outrage after telling crying girl she will be honoured if she is 'martyred' after spotting her in a military uniform
By Alastair Tancred For Mailonline
Published: 07:23 EST, 26 February 2018 | Updated: 11:47 EST, 26 February 2018

The Turkish president has appeared in a bizarre video in which he assures a sobbing child in military uniform that she would get state honours if killed while fighting.

Recep Tayyip Erdogan was heard commenting: 'If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her,' at a televised congress of his AK party.

He made the comment - on live television - in front of cheering supporters who urged him to carry on with the military offensive against Kurdish fighters in Syria's northern Afrin region.

Critics have condemned his action as the same sort of child abuse for propaganda purposes as carried out by Islamic State fighters.

In the event the young girl - estimated to be about five years old - dressed as a soldier seems to catch the attention of Mr Erdogan, who then invites her to the stage, the BBC reported.

'Look what you see here! Girl, what are you doing here? We have our maroon berets here, but maroon berets never cry,' he told her, referring to the beret worn by the Turkish Special Operations Forces.

'She has a Turkish flag in her pocket too... If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her, God willing,' he said during the congress in the southern town of Kahramanmaras on Saturday.

'She is ready for everything, isn't she?' The girl replied: 'Yes.'

Mr Erdogan then kissed her face and let her go.

The president's comments were immediately condemned on twitter - one person likened them to child abuse while another sad the president was wrong to says 'God willing' to the death of a child.

The president's actions were also criticised by the pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) that opposes Ankara’s operation in the Afrin region.

'The mindset that abuses children by promising them death will lose,' the party said in a tweet.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Re: He knows how to treat the little ladies.

Post by ick »

I think I saw this same little girl in the CNN town hall. Oh, wait, that was a different child used to further the agenda of the state. My bad.
-----
Ick
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

:twisted:

Yep -- sometimes the ugly creature behind shows itself, perhaps unwittingly ...

Imagine ... This guy got all upset because we did not want his country to join the EU ...

:roll:
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

The Turks have been pretending to be European for a long time.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.