Oklahoma legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sent to Guv, vetoed 5/11

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Oklahoma legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sent to Guv, vetoed 5/11

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-se ... l/20130766

On Wednesday, the OK Senate (33-8) concurred on the Bill passed by the OK House to send Constitutional Carry to the Guv for signature. If signed, Oklahoma would join the 14 States where Constitutional Carry is already in effect (note: ID and WY only for residents).

Last edited by johndoe3 on Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Oklahoma legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sent to Guv

Post by poikilotrm »

BLOOD WILL RUN IN THE STREETS!
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Yeah, they like to scare monger much. Facts and figures would claim the opposite effect.
I don't care what your chart says
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

On Friday afternoon, Guv Fallin (R) vetoed the Constitutional Carry Bill for Oklahoma. Even though there was a veto proof majority in both the OK House and OK Senate, since the legislative term is over, there can be no veto override. Just like in Utah and South Dakota, passing Constitutional Carry and having a Republican Guv doesn't mean it will become law (The Utah Guv (R) and South Dakota Guv (R) vetoed it).

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... arry-bill/
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Oklahoma legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sent to Guv, vetoed 5/11

Post by poikilotrm »

Will it come back in the next session to get veto proofed into law?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: Oklahoma legislature passes Constitutional Carry, sent to Guv, vetoed 5/11

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/p ... rnors-veto

The article indicates that the sponsors of the OK Constitutional Carry Bill are pushing for a special legislative session to reconsider the Bill and others that the Guv vetoed. The article doesn't indicate how likely a special session would be, since generally they are called at the request of the Guv. I would presume that they would have to get the consent of a majority in both the OK Senate and OK House to get the special session.

If not, then it would have to be introduced again in the next legislative session (the OK Guv is term limited and is being replaced this Fall).

In Colorado, the CO Senate (R majority) passes Constitutional Carry every session, and the CO House (D majority) kills the Bill. That's OK, if we get an R majority this Fall in the CO House and retain the senate, it will pass (and also striking down the 15 round magazine law for Colorado). The Bills are fine-tuned by passing it each session, so they will go through the process quickly. As Churchill said, "Never give up."