Sometimes a criminal has a very bad day

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Sometimes a criminal has a very bad day

Post by johndoe3 »

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/13/man-p ... k-attempt/

It took place last Friday in Jacksonville FL...
A Florida man allegedly failed two car hijackings in Jacksonville after the owners brandished their firearms.

Christopher Raymond Hill, 36, was arrested on Friday after he allegedly robbed a liquor store, then attempted to flee by carjacking two different people at knife-point, according to Fox 30.

After leaping over the counter of a Walmart liquor store and stealing money from the cash register, Hill attempted to flee in his SUV, police said. When the engine wouldn’t start, he allegedly asked Scott Reardean for a ride. Reardean refused and Hill pulled out a knife. Reardean was able to reach for his firearm and aimed it at Hill, who then fled.

Hill reportedly ran and got into the passenger seat of a car at a Starbucks drive-thru. The female driver exited her vehicle and got her Ruger pistol from the car’s trunk, and pointed it at Hill, who then fled a second time, reported WSVN.

Police found Hill barricaded inside the bathroom of a Supercuts, where he surrendered.
I'm surprised that, given his luck in 2 epic failed carjackings due to gunowners, he didn't face a gun-toting hair stylist when he finally fled to Supercuts to hide.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sometimes a criminal has a very bad day

Post by DKDravis »

One of the older members of my gun-club is a retired cop .. He carried a duty gun for his entire 40+ year career, and never fired a single shot at a person..
(He did shoot a car and several animals in the line of duty -- :roll: )

but he can tell stories all night long about the times he pointed that gun at someone and in some way "resolved" the situation -- :mrgreen:

As shooters and firearms enthusiasts we tend to focus far too much on shots actually fired .. which seems to be far less efficient in "resolving" bad situations - statistically speaking .. :wink:
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sometimes a criminal has a very bad day

Post by doubloon »

I agree focus is skewed.

I tend to believe it's because many members of our community have been shamed into suppressing the "addiction" in public and are currently acting primarily in a reactionary/defensive mode with people not identifiable as part of the "gun community". I know I have found myself in social situations where I have hesitated to share details of my hobbies beyond "fishing, hunting, outdoor stuff". The propaganda is strong that Guns Я Bad and as a result I believe it makes many gun enthusiasts feel like they are constantly walking behind enemy lines.

Guns are constantly being publicly demonized and gun owners dehumanized it's a social engineering tool that has yielded 'positive' results against undesirable traits such as paganism, drinking, smoking, financial success, etc. so now it's the go to recipe for rallying the hoi polloi. It creates an environment where anyone openly supporting gun ownership is treated like a drug pusher. Comcast banned or tried to ban gun and ammo ads a few years ago.

I live on the edge of the hive and try to be an ambassador for firearm ownership among people I meet. Some are interested immediately but are under the impression everything I'm talking about is illegal or requires some kind of license/registration/permission. Others are "not anti gun" they're "just pro regulation" and think we need more laws that will make it illegal to sell guns to criminals. Then there are the people who look at me like I just asked them if it would be OK if I have sex with their underage daughter or if they don't have a daughter a son will do. Finally there are those people who when I tell them I own a gun respond with "What kind? I have a (Glock/Sig/45/something). The first three groups, the indoctrinated groups outnumber friendlies the closer you get to the hive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895