Police response times...fudging the records

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Police response times...fudging the records

Post by johndoe3 »

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/wher ... for-police

In a suburb of Baltimore, a house break-in at 2 AM shows that the police are distorting the records on their response times.

The official police record shows that an officer responded within 1 minute of the 911 call. Meanwhile...
As Baltimore Police scrambled to the scenes of shootings early Saturday morning, two young females and a 2-year-old boy were trapped on a rooftop...

Trapped on the second floor, the three had only a rooftop run to.

For nearly 15 minutes, Gaasch was on the phone with 911.

During the call, Gaasch said: “I keep telling the dispatcher, 'They’re still in the house, they’re still in the house. Where are the cops? We need them here. We have nowhere to go.”'

At one point, Gaasch could hear sirens off in the distance.

The dispatcher tells Gaasch they’re responding to another call.

While Baltimore police say an officer arrived to the house a minute after the call was dispatched, phone records show Gaasch was on the phone with 911 for 14 minutes. Online 911 data posted by the City of Baltimore shows an initial call received at 2:15 a.m. from the Highlandtown address.
If you're a liberal and anti-gun, then the above scenario could be in your future.

How accurate are police records on response times, if the above egregious case shows a 14-15 minute response time versus the erroneous police record of 1 minute? Could this sort of deliberate falsifying of response times be widespread across the country?
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Police response times...fudging the records

Post by poikilotrm »

I am shocked! Shocked to hear that anyone could ever suggest that our brave, selfless, and dedicated law enforcement professionals could ever lie about anything, ever! How dare you, sir? Have you no shame?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

I firmly believe that a crooked cop is one notch above or below (your choice) a child molester. That may sound harsh to some, but law enforcement personal hold a "sacred trust" with the people they serve. Break that trust and pay the consequences.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

poikilotrm wrote:I am shocked! Shocked to hear that anyone could ever suggest that our brave, selfless, and dedicated law enforcement professionals could ever lie about anything, ever! How dare you, sir? Have you no shame?
My only complaint with your assertion is that it singles out cops for this, when in reality is probably reflects incorrect government reporting across the board. Meaning, the fire department or sewage department or even the librarians.... they're all probably engaging in dishonesty to boost their numbers.

The funny thing about that is the nature of the lie; if librarians are lying too, then it's probably to incorrectly reflect a higher number of books checked out, or traffic in-and-out of the library. This boosts their funding.

I wonder if the cops wouldn't be better off lying in the opposite direction; claiming that it took longer to respond to a call than in reality, in order to make a stronger case for increased funding/manning.

Please don't knee-jerk anger at this post; it isn't defending cops, it's simply implicating others too.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

jreinke wrote:I firmly believe that a crooked cop is one notch above or below (your choice) a child molester. That may sound harsh to some, but law enforcement personal hold a "sacred trust" with the people they serve. Break that trust and pay the consequences.
That's in line with how my father felt about crooked cops. He had one come at him in the 1970's when he was running a cheap hotel - cop wanted a percentage of the hooker action in the building. There was no hooker action in the building, period, as my dad never put up with that s--t. Strictly Chinese and Vietnamese families and single white drunks. Not even any junkies. But this cop escalated, drew his pistol to intimidate my old man... woops. My dad had really strong hands, and was an ex-boxer, fast as hell. Grabbed the revolver and broke the frame in half, then kicked the cop down a very steep and long flight of stairs. Strangely, he didn't get himself killed over that, not even charged. Cop never showed his face again.