6 good guys with guns.

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

6 good guys with guns.

Post by poikilotrm »

The plan was to steal tools. Then customers drew their guns

They weren't just six good men, they were smart, too. Read the article and you'll see why.

Marysville police are asking for the people who shot at the getaway car to come forward.
by Zachariah Bryan
Monday, December 24, 2018 4:01pmLocal NewsMarysville
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/the-plan ... heir-guns/

MARYSVILLE — The plan was simple: Steal tools and pawn them for money.

That’s what two men, 22 and 23, reportedly had in mind when they showed up to the Coastal Farm & Ranch store in Marysville on Saturday afternoon, according to a police report. They allegedly took four nail guns, each worth over $400, walked out of the store and got into a Honda Civic.

They didn’t expect to be surrounded by about six customers with guns raised.

One customer was standing in front of the car, yelling at the alleged thieves to get out.

“He won’t shoot, run him over,” one of the suspects reportedly said.

The driver pulled forward, causing the man confronting him to land on the hood, court papers say.

Another customer shot at the driver’s side front tire, according to documents. A third fired twice at the rear tire.

Someone shot at the car one more time as it left the parking lot, records show.

An employee saw the car leaving and drove after the theft suspects. He said he saw one of the men lean out the passenger window and hold up what looked like a gun. The employee stopped chasing the men and went back to the store.

Marysville police found the theft suspects’ car unoccupied about three blocks away, with two flat tires and the tools inside. Both men were apprehended after a search.

They denied having a gun, or seeing the employee follow them. Police found no firearms in the car.

The men also denied hitting anyone with the car.

However, security tape showed a vehicle striking someone, according to the police report.

The two men, who were from Mukilteo and Everett, were booked into the Snohomish County Jail under investigation of first-degree theft. Both remained in custody Monday afternoon.

Marysville police Cmdr. Mark Thomas on Monday said it’s unclear if the other people involved fired their guns lawfully, as they left before law enforcement got there. Security footage showed one of them getting in a vehicle just as the first officer arrived, Thomas said.

“Anytime you’re firing a weapon in a public place, especially a few days before Christmas in a crowded parking lot, it is a grave concern,” Thomas said.

The department is asking those who shot at the car to come forward and provide statements.
( :roll: :lol: Ummm, F--k no.)

Zachariah Bryan: 425-339-3431; [email protected]. Twitter: @zachariahtb.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6 good guys with guns.

Post by a_canadian »

That last bit is actually funny. I wonder if the guy it was compelled by his position with the force and by the need to appear 'responsible' in the press coverage, but perhaps privately hopes this is the end of it. I know, sounds a bit naive... but one can hope for sense among police. It could happen.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: 6 good guys with guns.

Post by poikilotrm »

a_canadian wrote: I know, sounds a bit naive... but one can hope for sense among police. It could happen.
This happened in Washington, so no.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.