Texas legalizes kubotans, kitty key chains, brass knuckles

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Texas legalizes kubotans, kitty key chains, brass knuckles

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/texas- ... z5qwBLmyiR

Governor Abbott maintains his strong pro-self-defense record by signing into law a Bill legalizing brass knuckles, keychain devices, clubs and other non-lethal self-defense devices. The law goes into effect September 1, 2019.

As an outsider, my opinion is that strong support from women who carry keychain devices helped bring it over the top for passage. Most didn't know that the kitty key chain, kubotan and other devices they carried in lieu of a gun, were illegal previously in Texas.

Congrats to the TX Legislature and Guv for passing a common sense law on non-lethal devices.

Heh, heh the Austin newspaper has written editorials saying that the Guv is going against the will of the people of Texas by signing the above into law and not passing gun control laws (they are smitten with their own progressive views :-).
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Texas legalizes kubotans, kitty key chains, brass knuckles

Post by a_canadian »

Those devices are illegal here as well, but I've met several women with brown or black belts in karate who carry a 'pen' at all times. The sort which can't actually write and is really easy to grip. It's just common sense. A woman is several times more likely than a man to be assaulted, so she should have skills and tools to help deal with such asshats as may attempt to assault her. Good for Texas, this is common sense.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

a_canadian wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:52 pm A woman is several times more likely than a man to be assaulted,
False. Men are far and away the leader in committing, and being the victim of, physical violence.

On purely 9th Amendment grounds, where does the government have the authority to regulate the carry of these items in the first place?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Sorry, meant to say violently sexually assaulted. My bad. And of course it's silly that such objects are regulated at all. Look at all the stabbings in London yesterday - the knife ban means nothing.