People Should Pay My College Tuition Because ‘That’s What I

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

People Should Pay My College Tuition Because ‘That’s What I

Post by Hush »

#OccupyWallStreet Protester: People Should Pay My College Tuition Because ‘That’s What I Want’

Interviewer: "Why should anyone pay for your college tuition?"

Protester: "Why? It's just, it's just my opinion."

http://www.breitbart.tv/occupywallstree ... at-i-want/

:lol:
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Selectedmarksman
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: People Should Pay My College Tuition Because ‘That’s Wha

Post by Selectedmarksman »

Our educational systems are not allowed to tell children they are wrong anymore. They are told they have different opinions and everyone's opinion is equally valid. That is why so many of these kids have a hard time comprehending being completely, demonstrably wrong about things. It just doesn't compute for them.
I've got Honey Badger Fever.
*Add this to your sig if you've got the fever, too!
copenhagen
Silent But Deadly

Post by copenhagen »

But they have great "dialog..." :lol:
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Life is not about getting "what you want". The sooner you realize that, the more content you will be. The more you "want" something, the less likely you are to get it. If you really don't care either way, it may fall into your lap.

My grandma had a saying: "Want in one hand. S**t in the other. See which one fills up first." :lol:
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I don't understand that self-centeredness. Let us assume that we should and will pay for his college education. That means that he, the guy in the interview, will now also pay for someone else's college education.

I wish instead of asking people in those crowds what they want, they'd ask them what they are going to do for other people. It is essentially the same thing, because if we're compelled to do what THEY want, then they will be under the same compulsions.

I also have a question. If student loans are magically forgiven, then will I get a refund on the money that I repaid? And beyond that, what about the tuition I paid for directly, out-of-pocket (and one time with cash), to the schools? Also, can I go out and get a student loan, then just cash the check and put it into my bank account? There are so many problems with this simplistic view.