Force Gun Buyers to Look at Autopsy Photos of Shooting Victi

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Force Gun Buyers to Look at Autopsy Photos of Shooting Victi

Post by Hush »

Bill: Force Gun Buyers to Look at Autopsy Photos of Shooting Victims
“I think people should make informed choices, and I think this bill would accomplish that.” So said Del. Mark Cole the other day about his bill to force anyone seeking a firearm or concealed-carry permit in Virginia to look at autopsy pictures of shooting victims.
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics ... ng-victims
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Re: Force Gun Buyers to Look at Autopsy Photos of Shooting V

Post by ick »

I agree with this totally, except that it doesn't go far enough. Clearly the laws and regulations surrounding gun ownership do not go far enough to discourage ownership.

Each firearm should contain one of three examples of a before/after style photos.

A photo of an actual defenseless rape victim including personal testimonies of the life-long trauma vs. photos of an attacker shot in the process of attempted rape by a woman willing to defend herself.

A defenseless person shot and killed by a carjacker vs. a photo of a car jacker shot while attempting a carjacking.

Photo of a home robbed and a family terrorized by an armed intruder vs. photos of a burglar bleeding and held at gunpoint after violating the sanctity of someone's home.

How about we chuck in the box a mandatory flyer showing some crime statistics of how many heinous crimes were stopped by gun ownership.

How about we also throw a card in the box with red printing that says something like "This gun is a dangerous tool, be careful and respect it. Don't be a moron and do stupid things with it. Be a careful responsible gun owner."
-----
Ick
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

The autopsy photos of the defenseless should show their cellphones next to them.
The photos of the alive concealed carry individuals should show empty shell cases next to the attacker.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I'm fine with this. Let's go even further!

Let's attach this picture to the Democrat Lever in the voting booth.
Then we can all look at everything in the appropriate light. I don't see how this could be considered political, it isn't promoting a point, it's just showing actual, statistical facts.

Or am I mistaken in assuming that this bill is about promoting truth as opposed to a different agenda?
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Can't we add gun ownership to that?
-----
Ick
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Do it yourself! Not pretty, but it works. Room to add more....

Last edited by ick on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Ick
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

Only if all those NOT buying one are forced to look at pictures of those murdered in there homes or elsewhere who had no firearm to defend themselves with!

I have no problem looking at pictures of CRIMENALS shot by law abiding citizens who where using force to defend either there life or the life or lives of others.

Forcing buyers to look at pictures of the acts committed by criminals on law abiding citizens is just more reason to buy another firearm.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

We should require any libtard pushing legislation like this to look at holocaust photos and remind them that this is what happens when you strip citizens of their ability to defend themselves.

No, just kidding...

What we should do is throw the bastard in jail for attempting to violate the US Constution!

No, really. Why has it become commonplace for legislators to pass unconstitutional laws? Why are none of them being prosecuted for it?
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Blaubart wrote:We should require any libtard pushing legislation like this to look at holocaust photos and remind them that this is what happens when you strip citizens of their ability to defend themselves.

No, just kidding...

What we should do is throw the bastard in jail for attempting to violate the US Constution!

No, really. Why has it become commonplace for legislators to pass unconstitutional laws? Why are none of them being prosecuted for it?
I don't understand that part either. How do we get traction on prosecuting these pricks for deprivation of rights under color of law?
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

ick spot on.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Meh... seems a bit much at the point of purchase.

Having said that, I'd not have a huge problem with this being included as a part of a CCW class though. Not intended as a deterrent by any means, but to help clarify the somberness of what happens when lethal violence is projected.

IMHO the psy cost of taking a human life, even though it may have to be done to survive a predatory attack, is an appropriate part of the preparedness to do so.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

Did NONE of you fine folks read the article behind the linky?

The politician in question is decidedly pro-gun, and the author of the article is highly pissed that the Politician mentioned is pushing an anti-abortion bill in his legislature that would require a pregnant woman to view an ultrasound 48 hours before she could get an abortion.

-urban
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Congrats urban assault, you read the whole article.:)

My excuse is I go through many articles during the course of a day, it was a short article and I should have read more than a couple of paragraphs, it isn't much of an excuse but there it is.

I guess this shows that we should all take a moment more and read what catches our eye and perks our interest.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

Hush wrote:Congrats urban assault, you read the whole article.:)

My excuse is I go through many articles during the course of a day, it was a short article and I should have read more than a couple of paragraphs, it isn't much of an excuse but there it is.

I guess this shows that we should all take a moment more and read what catches our eye and perks our interest.
I absolve you my son, now go forth and sin no more.

:lol:

-urban
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

As long as they list the caliber next to the picture, I am fine with this.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Hush wrote:Congrats urban assault, you read the whole article.:)

I read the article, and just to confirm, I am against any such "pictures", I don't care if the politician is pro gun or not. Too much involvement of government in things like this. The whole idea is a waste of time. My post was in jest.
-----
Ick
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

urban assault wrote:Did NONE of you fine folks read the article behind the linky?
Guilty as charged.

But that doesn't change the fact that legislators frequently introduce and pass legislation that they KNOW is unconstitutional, and none of them have ever been prosecuted for it.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

I'll attempt to cover my ineptitude by stating that my comments were 1> both tongue in cheek and 2> still apply.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

urban assault wrote:Did NONE of you fine folks read the article behind the linky?
Nope. Did not. Don't need to. Don't care to.

None of it changes my assertion that consequences be explained across the board.