Israeli PM Lectures Pres. Obama to His Face

Links to popular or interesting stories in the news.

Please post links rather than copies of stories due to honoring copyright rules.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade, Hush

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

http://nation.foxnews.com/israel-vs-ira ... a-his-face

(Starts at about 6:00)
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Re: Israeli PM Lectures Pres. Obama to His Face

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Soooo... in other words, They are going to do what they want to do and the US will back them up regardless.
Seriously can someone please explain to me what makes them so special?
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

D9M9TR9S wrote:Soooo... in other words, They are going to do what they want to do and the US will back them up regardless.
Seriously can someone please explain to me what makes them so special?
I didn't get that from the PM's words; I got that they will do what they believe they must do in order to survive.

The tagline, that the PM is lecturing the POTUS is inappropriate.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

True, he only spoke for about a minute. Let's say that they do attack Iran first, Pres. Obama (& most of Congress) has already given their consent with saying they will back them and pledge their loyalty to them. What about the people right here in America?!
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I don't understand your question.

The president is pressuring Israel to give the situation time, and see how the harsher economic sanctions will play out. At the same time, the POTUS is saying that we will back Israel as an ally.

Israel is saying that they will do what they believe they must in order to survive. I don't know where the miscommunication is here.

Iran has been saying for a long time that they would like to wipe Israel out, Iran funds Hezbollah, and backs the Syrian government which is currently very unfriendly to Israel.

Iran has been bringing warfare to Israel by proxy for a long time now - it really isn't so far-fetched that they will sneak a nuke into Israel via satellite terrorist cells.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Iran, Syria, Hezbollah threaten military attack
Sources report joint war room set up to coordinate action

http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/iran-syria-h ... ry-attack/
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Ole Barry is only giving the illusion of backing them because it is politically expedient. My hope is that the Israelis remember the cold shoulder and ill treatment that they've received from this administration in the past and then time their attack to as politically damaging as possible to this administration. It's an election cycle so Barry has to show a lot of love to the Jews. IMHO the man does nothing unless it is to his political advantage.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Remember when Barry snubbed Netnyahu and let him sit in a room byhimself? He does not care if Isreal gets nuked, infact I think he wants it to happen. He just does not want Isreal to do anything before the election. That is the ONLY reason he is being nice now.

Jk
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

TROOPER wrote:I don't understand your question.

The president is pressuring Israel to give the situation time, and see how the harsher economic sanctions will play out. At the same time, the POTUS is saying that we will back Israel as an ally.

Israel is saying that they will do what they believe they must in order to survive. I don't know where the miscommunication is here.

Iran has been saying for a long time that they would like to wipe Israel out, Iran funds Hezbollah, and backs the Syrian government which is currently very unfriendly to Israel.

Iran has been bringing warfare to Israel by proxy for a long time now - it really isn't so far-fetched that they will sneak a nuke into Israel via satellite terrorist cells.

My question is why so much concentration on Israel? I know their an ally, and the US has supported them since the creation of the state, but it seems (to me at least) that they get special treatment that other nations simply do not. What makes them right and the Palestinians that lived there first wrong? What gives them the right to prosper and the Muslims have to be moved out or be damned? When is it time to stop pushing so much funding into it and let them off the tit to go on their own? A lot of people speak of cutting foreign aid and keeping the money and help here in the states, but won't let it apply when it comes to Israel.

He will back them, as always and how many more wars will the US get dragged into for the conflicts going on over there and have been going on for centuries? When is it time to stop and concentrate on HOME? If Israel goes to war, so will US soldiers and that's NOT going to help us in any way. The harshness of the economy will only drop to worse conditions, you can see a bit of it every week we get gas.

Just as Israel is doing what they believe they must to survive, other countries are doing the same, or at least trying to without having outside influence. They also have the right to not accept Israel as an existing state if they choose. To be clear, we all know that Israel in fact does exist, so there is no need in this being an argument. Who gives the US or anyone else for that matter to police the world and not let other countries do things on their own to survive and thrive? Every time it's done without the influence or assistance of another country, its a problem.

Ahmadinejad didn't say that they would like to wipe Israel off the map, that's a farce and he's reiterated it numerous times. Just because he doesn't accept Israel or denies the holocaust, it isn't a reason either. He didn't demand the annihilation of it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html

Bringing warfare to Israel by proxy? It is far fetched if they don't even have a nuke to sneak in. Israel does in fact have them and it seems that just because they are a US ally, it is right for them to have them and not other countries that pose a threat. What about the threat from them to the "opposing" countries? Israel hasn't been totally honest or near innocent in all of their conflicts either..
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

D9M9TR9S, answer these questions and you will answer your own question.
Who owns most of the big businesses in the U.S.

Who controls Hollywood.

Who controls the big money.

If you followed the money, where would it lead.

Remember money = power.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

Hush wrote:D9M9TR9S, answer these questions and you will answer your own question.
Who owns most of the big businesses in the U.S.

Who controls Hollywood.

Who controls the big money.

If you followed the money, where would it lead.

Remember money = power.

Truth is Truth. :D
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

D9M9TR9S wrote:Ahmadinejad didn't say that they would like to wipe Israel off the map, that's a farce and he's reiterated it numerous times. Just because he doesn't accept Israel or denies the holocaust, it isn't a reason either. He didn't demand the annihilation of it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fac ... _blog.html

Bringing warfare to Israel by proxy? It is far fetched if they don't even have a nuke to sneak in. Israel does in fact have them and it seems that just because they are a US ally, it is right for them to have them and not other countries that pose a threat. What about the threat from them to the "opposing" countries? Israel hasn't been totally honest or near innocent in all of their conflicts either..
Ahmadinejad has said it a number of times, and I have heard it a number of times. I speak Farsi, I have heard it. Ahmadinejad is a liar, and a little bit crazy as well. Ahmadinejad is specifically one of the captors in the Iran hostage crisis, and you can see his ugly-ass face in the pictures, standing behind hooded American hostages. He is not US friendly, and he is not Israel friendly.

You are speaking out of your element.

Iran funds Hizbollah, which works directly to kill Israel people without regard.

You are using sources that are left-leaning to say the least, and it is a shame that you don't see that. I want to understand this; the same Washington Post that doesn't have a damn thing to say about Fast-and-Furious is your go-to source? The Washington Post lies through omission about as much as any entity can.

You are also failing to see the tactical situation as a whole. If the queen cheats on the king in chess, do you toss that wench out? She is still an extremely valuable tool.

Iran is the problem here, Iran threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz would choke off 40% of the world's oil supply. It is international water, and is an act of war against any nation, and in violation of all maritime laws to do so. Gasoline would easily exceed $10 per gallon, and our economy, already twist-fucked by POS Obama, would crumble into dust overnight. Their mines have already damaged our own warships. How do you not see Iran as a problem? How do you not see that what we receive for the international aid is head-and-shoulders worth what we get?

How do you fail to see that Iran with a nuclear weapon means an imminent nuclear attack in the world? Why do you not see that with Israel gone - via nuke - Eurpoe and America are next? How do you believe we can prevent a nuke from crossing the border when millions of illegals cross the border every year now?
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

I'm not saying that I agree with Ahmadinejad or that he isn't crazy, but that's beside the point. He's not US or Israel friendly, yet he still allows inspections and talks with US leaders on all issues, even when Bush shunned him. I'm not going to blame the economy all on any one person, it was screwed before Obama came in and it'll be worse once he leaves office if things continue the way they seemingly are bound go on. I see both Iran AND Israel as problems, as they both have been known to cause them to the US. It seems at least to me that Israel is becoming constantly dependent on the US, and regardless whether or not they provoke (not saying that they did) or get into trouble, Good ol America will back them up.

I can see what "can" happen with the situation, that is if Iran actually tries to pose a threat to the US, but how quickly would they be wiped out with all of the surrounding bases on their borders?
What do we receive in return for the aid? Why so much? over $30 BILLION annually?!

The Washington Post article is just one that I found out of many on the topic, and they all came to the same conclusion. I'm not left or right, just seeking the facts. I'm more concerned with what happens here than thousands of miles across the world. We should've been off the dependency of oil for decades, but we aren't and still have to remain crippled when other nations put halts on its supply. That in itself is idiotic in my eyes, I don't think I'm alone here.

Plain and simple, if Israel has nukes, why not their enemies/neighbors? What makes them special to be the only game in town? Is it because they are trustworthy? Who makes these decisions for the people living there that don't want either nation going to war?! I don't want to see Israel gone, via nuke or even via war, and I can't tell the future or judge another on what they MIGHT do if they get one. Why does't Israel allow the NPT and Iran does?! If the US can't stop illegals like you said (Hell they can't and won't stop the drugs), what makes you think that they can stop bombs? If a nation (evil terrorist ones or not) wants it and seeks it, they will have it, and if Iran is bombed then how will the world look at it and us on an international level?
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

I'm not saying that I agree with Ahmadinejad or that he isn't crazy, but that's beside the point. He's not US or Israel friendly, yet he still allows inspections and talks with US leaders on all issues, even when Bush shunned him. I'm not going to blame the economy all on any one person, it was screwed before Obama came in and it'll be worse once he leaves office if things continue the way they seemingly are bound go on. I see both Iran AND Israel as problems, as they both have been known to cause them to the US. It seems at least to me that Israel is becoming constantly dependent on the US, and regardless whether or not they provoke (not saying that they did) or get into trouble, Good ol America will back them up.
Crazy IS the point. Crazy and hostile man walks into a gun store, says he will buy a gun and use it on his wife.

Your point is that because his wife has a gun, why not him too?

Obama caused the economic mess we're in.... Bush caused the economic mess we're in... you don't want to take a side, that's fine. But we do agree that $10-per-gallon gasoline would crumble our economy into full-on depression?

Why do you think Israel is dependent on us, and why do you think $30 billion annually is critical to us, or them?
I can see what "can" happen with the situation, that is if Iran actually tries to pose a threat to the US, but how quickly would they be wiped out with all of the surrounding bases on their borders?
What do we receive in return for the aid? Why so much? over $30 BILLION annually?!
Let us assume that Iran uses a nuke against Israel. We wipe out Iran's military within a month. Israel doesn't get un-nuked, so your point is largely invalid. You're assuming the MAD tactic that we used during the Cold War is the same against this type of enemy. Why? They already strap bombs on themselves and their kids. Do you know that at least half of their bases are named "Martyr" this, or "Martyr" that? Martyrdom is built into their culture. MAD is likely exactly what they want.

But then... you're assuming that people in Iran are so boneheaded that they'll produce one nuke, and use it all at once, and then be destroyed. In reality, they'll likely export several and use several near-simultaneously. It will be Israel, Europe, and the US at near the same time. Destroying their military at that point will be a meaningless act.
The Washington Post article is just one that I found out of many on the topic, and they all came to the same conclusion. I'm not left or right, just seeking the facts. I'm more concerned with what happens here than thousands of miles across the world. We should've been off the dependency of oil for decades, but we aren't and still have to remain crippled when other nations put halts on its supply. That in itself is idiotic in my eyes, I don't think I'm alone here.
I don't care how many mediots say the same thing, you should have noticed by now that many tow a similar line. This is why WashingtonPost, CNN, PBS, LA Times, CBS, and BS are reporting basically the same thing on Fast-and-Furious.

We SHOULD have been off foreign oil for decades. No argument from me there. However, the reality is that we DO pull oil from that region, and this kind of incident in the middle east will cause us indescribable harm economically speaking. We have a stake in protecting those international waters.
Plain and simple, if Israel has nukes, why not their enemies/neighbors? What makes them special to be the only game in town? Is it because they are trustworthy? Who makes these decisions for the people living there that don't want either nation going to war?! I don't want to see Israel gone, via nuke or even via war, and I can't tell the future or judge another on what they MIGHT do if they get one. Why does't Israel allow the NPT and Iran does?! If the US can't stop illegals like you said (Hell they can't and won't stop the drugs), what makes you think that they can stop bombs? If a nation (evil terrorist ones or not) wants it and seeks it, they will have it, and if Iran is bombed then how will the world look at it and us on an international level?
As already addressed, the point about Israel having nukes doesn't suddenly make it valid and viable for Iran to have nukes. Who decides? Well since you love the argument of "a lot of people say or believe this, so it must be valid"... how about the fact that the WORLD does not want Iran to have nukes? Oil-thirsty Europe is wiling to pay higher prices just to avoid that as a possiblity.

Regarding judging someone on what they MIGHT do... that is a rather lame point, as Ahmidinjad has been very clear, in his native tongue, on what he will do if/when they get one.
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

I'm not taking a side and it's not an argument or a Bush vs Obama issue, it started way before either of them. MY point is simply that they have it, who's to say others can't or won't and who appointed the US to police the planet? If at least $30 billion each year isn't dependent or fighting/supporting every war they get in isn't dependent then what is you say? Why the lobbyist? Why the constant annoying push to support them on everything they do?

I'm not assuming anything, just saying it doesn't solve anything or make any sense. They follow the rules set in place by the NPT, but Israel does not allow them in or admit they even have them. You seem to believe they are all fanatical and will stop at nothing to see Israel, Europe, then the US gone., but they constantly deny that. If they do intend to do just that, I'm sure with all the intel collected on them constantly, the US will KNOW, not believe it before it happens.

The whole "wipe Israel off the map" mantra has been repeated so many times and that's always the #1, first and most times in my experience ONLY reason given for this discussion. Yet when you google or look it up, the first few pages only talk about how it was a hoax to begin with and mis translated. I don't KNOW farsi, I don't even know exactly what he said then, BUT NOW (even with that old footage still available) he states he never said that and that's not his purpose. How do you propose that the US handle the situation? Let Israel attack first and get them before they get them or Europe or the US? So far, Obama is wanting Israel to wait and talks are in order, if the gun is jumped then its on. So who truly makes the decision?

The US pulls oil from that region, at the same time has other reserves. Why not stop now? Why continue going down that road at all? Time to take the stake out and heal wounds by staying out of other nations business. I don't argue that because "a lot of people say or believe this, so it must be valid", you have me mistaken. I also don't see where the entire WORLD doesn't want Iran to have Nukes, nor where Ahmidinijad is stating what harm he will do with one, with the exception of the "far right" as you may call it have said. I do see where he states otherwise, but then again I guess it depends on who's translating or what he really intends to do. I just don't buy it Trooper
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

D9M9TR9S wrote:I don't KNOW farsi, I don't even know exactly what he said then, BUT NOW (even with that old footage still available) he states he never said that and that's not his purpose.
Do you believe him now? There is some serious deception coming from media clips handed to you off of Al Jazeera.

One thing is said in english and in arabic for the western cameras. Something else is said when it is thought western cameras are not recording.

Here is one example of source material showing this:
http://www.memri.org/
-----
Ick
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

lol No I don't believe him nor do I believe its enough to go to war with them.
Lots of people talk s--t, Kim Jung Ill had nukes and didn't use them either, even after it was said that he would blow some s--t up if provoked.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

You win, bro.

Let Hitler have Rhineland. I'm 100% certain that he'll stop there.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Ahmadinejad is a Twelver. He will do anything he can to bring back the 12th Imam which includes the destruction of Israel and us... Twelvers were considered to be so radical that the Ayatollah banned them. When the Ayatollah says you are to radical, you are really fucked up. That little man really does want to see the world burn.

Twelver= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelver

Light reading.
http://alamongordo.com/general/ahmadine ... am-june-5/

Regarding the question about why do the Israelis deserve to live there when the Palestinians were their first. Should we give Arizona, Colorado, and California back to Mexico? They had it first.
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
D9M9TR9S
Silent But Deadly

Post by D9M9TR9S »

I'll have to read up on this. but as for Arizona, Colorado, and California you don't have to worry about giving them back to Mexico, they're are taking them.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I never undersood the basis for the whole liberal claim that "palestinians were here first".

Perhaps trooper can provide some insight on that.

I agree, if we allow Hitler to seize the Rhine he will be satisfied and we will have achieved peace in our time.

Neville Chamberlain, announcing the deal at Heston Aerodrome:

...the settlement of the Czechoslovakian problem, which has now been achieved is, in my view, only the prelude to a larger settlement in which all Europe may find peace. This morning I had another talk with the German Chancellor, Herr Hitler, and here is the paper which bears his name upon it as well as mine. Some of you, perhaps, have already heard what it contains but I would just like to read it to you: ' ... We regard the agreement signed last night and the Anglo-German Naval Agreement as symbolic of the desire of our two peoples never to go to war with one another again.'
-----
Ick